Dear all,

I just received my new BB Classic about a week ago. I now downloaded all the apps I want and use it as I used my previous Q10.
    Unfortunately however my battery life is very short and I'm not quite sure why. First I thought it was related to the GPS, that I often used in the first couple of days, but even when I don't use the GPS, the battery dies very fast.

I checked the battery consumption and most battery goes obvious to the system (39%), I also checked the CPU utilization of the system and it seems quite high with 65% and the battery usuage of the system is at 349%. One should perhaps note that I have 65 different apps that might use a lot of battery life (however on my previous blackberry I had the same amount of apps and no problem with the battery).

Also last night, when I went to sleep (the phone was fully charged at that point), I put the phone into flight mode and I got up again after 5 hours, the battery was already at the low battery mode (below 20%) without using it at all - that made me worried.

What is your experience with the battery life? And do you have any idea why the battery dies so fast?

Thank you already for your feedback.
    05-22-15 07:00 AM
    If you installed more apps on your Classic, you might have to wait for the apps to settle, restart the phone and you should be fine.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 07:11 AM
    Strange. I don't have any battery related issues. On the contrary: great battery life.
    05-22-15 07:23 AM
    My Classic was rough the first couple days after installing stuff. It even ran hot for a while. Then I restarted and it was fine. I get full days out of it no problem.
    05-22-15 07:24 AM
    First thing I would suggest is to do a restart, allow it to settle then monitor and see if you have any improvements.
    I've had a couple of apps that were not playing nice and drained my battery, so that may be something to consider if you see no improvement from doing the above.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 07:26 AM
    Upgrade your os to a leak version of 10.3.1.XXXX with an autoloader. Beside core apps let it settle for a day before you load up your apps.

Then prioritize which apps you actually use and try loading the first 10-15 and letting the phone settle in another day before adding the next 10 or 15.

Most likely you have one app that's just killing your system. I have about 40 get a full day of use and probably end the day with 40-60% battery by the end of a typical day.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 07:32 AM
    I was getting similar performance issues when I got mine as well. I turned off/denied apps running in the background and turned off BlackBerry Protect along with other apps I don't/won't use.

Posted via CB10
    bbrotestant likes this.
    05-22-15 09:00 AM
    I don't have many apps because it is a business phone. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, QuickPost, BeWeather with no streaming music or videos and am happy with battery life. Typical day 60 texts and emails from Office 365 Outlook (pushed), Gmail, Hotmail (both one hour interval syncs) with replies. Only keep emails on phone for one day. Use browser links for BBC News, USA Today, NYPost, LINewsday and NYTimes news.

05-22-15 09:33 AM