Come on John! He's one of the hottest icons now, and he loves BlackBerry. And yet you decided not to sign him to an endorsement deal simply because "BlackBerry is focusing on enterprises" !? This is probably one of the best chances to take advantage of, just imagine how much more revenue you can generate, bumps up your market share to attract more developers, and make BlackBerry relevant to the mass again.

Please consider

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 01:30 AM
    John Chen does not need the likes of Drake to make BlackBerry profitable and a sustainable business model. BlackBerry's money is best spent elsewhere at the moment. The present range of mobiles are geared towards enterprise as you stated not Joe consumer. In March we will have a better idea of the road map and more consumer driven devices.

Posted by my fabulous Passport
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-26-14 01:50 AM
    That Mercedes AMG Petronas deal suits BlackBerry way better

Posted from my Canadian PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    12-26-14 02:28 AM

This 100%.

blackmoe likes this.
    12-26-14 02:34 AM
    John Chen does not need the likes of Drake to make BlackBerry profitable and a sustainable business model. BlackBerry's money is best spent elsewhere at the moment. The present range of mobiles are geared towards enterprise as you stated not Joe consumer. In March we will have a better idea of the road map and more consumer driven devices.

As much as I don't like Drake it's a smart move to involve him in the BB brand. He has over 5.7 million followers on instagram. He's a big fan of the raptors and him posting pictures about them has single handedly increased ratings and given speculation to Raptors becoming more popular than the Leafs (there's many factors to this trend but Drake's involvement is certainly one of them)

In the era demonstrating the growing power and prevalence of social medias influence and celebrity endorsements, BB is very foolish not to take advantage of Drake as an endorsement. Sure they build "tools, not toys" but Blackberry is a business and they are the "tools" for not endorsing Drake and making an increased profit because ultimately a businesses prime objective is to make a profit and an intelligent and efficient business will use multiple streams in order to achieve that aim.

Not hating I love BB but there understanding of marketing and marketing strategy is akin to a monkey trying to operate a personal computer in hopes of creating the next Facebook.
    12-26-14 03:12 AM
    They'd have been better with Grenville or Raleigh.
    12-26-14 03:22 AM
    As much as I don't like Drake it's a smart move to involve him in the BB brand. He has over 5.7 million followers on instagram. He's a big fan of the raptors and him posting pictures about them has single handedly increased ratings and given speculation to Raptors becoming more popular than the Leafs (there's many factors to this trend but Drake's involvement is certainly one of them)

In the era demonstrating the growing power and prevalence of social medias influence and celebrity endorsements, BB is very foolish not to take advantage of Drake as an endorsement. Sure they build "tools, not toys" but Blackberry is a business and they are the "tools" for not endorsing Drake and making an increased profit because ultimately a businesses prime objective is to make a profit and an intelligent and efficient business will use multiple streams in order to achieve that aim.

Not hating I love BB but there understanding of marketing and marketing strategy is akin to a monkey trying to operate a personal computer in hopes of creating the next Facebook.
    Hear hear!

Drake is probably the only chance to link the words "cool" and "trend" to the brand image of BlackBerry again, instead of "dinosaurs" "grandpa's phone" etc...

I just hope BlackBerry don't fail....

Posted via CB10
    vvvhhh8 likes this.
    12-26-14 03:30 AM

I understand BlackBerry is about enterprises. However the fact is more and more enterprises are choosing ios or android because their market share enables them to enjoy more developers support, business app developers as well. If they don't have market share, how else could they attract developers to make apps for them?? And what better way than embracing the general consumers?? It will bump up the user base considerably, attracting more developers in the mean time and even further lowering the mfg'ing cost

Anyways. Still hope BlackBerry survives well, so I don't have to be forced to use an iPhone, or an android again.

Posted via CB10
    ViaCassian likes this.
    12-26-14 03:35 AM
    Hear hear!

Drake is probably the only chance to link the words "cool" and "trend" to the brand image of BlackBerry again, instead of "dinosaurs" "grandpa's phone" etc...

I just hope BlackBerry don't fail....

Posted via CB10
    Not to mention cutting a deal with the Kardashian clan who the majority still use the bold 9900. In fact the keyword is so popular in certain circles they invented the stupid typo keyboard which blackberry sued for. If they were smart they could of leveraged the celebrity of the Kardasians and Ryan Seacrest(created typo or invested in it because he loved BB keyboard) too generate lots of positive publicity and make BB appear trendy and cool to a more youthful generation while also maintaining their corporate appeal.

So there startegy is to go all corporate, well that's great but would they lose market share if Kim or Drake endorsed the phone? No Would CEO care? No, Would high level execs care? No. Because in the end they just want something with max security and productivity. The reason enterprise doesn't care is also reflective in main major corp partners switching from blackberry to Android and Apple.
    12-26-14 03:37 AM
    And now I proudly announce the newest Blackberry endorsement partner for 2014 **** Cheney!

BlackBerry is being idiotic for not signing Drake to an endorsement deal...-bb2015.jpg
    SK122387 likes this.
    12-26-14 03:40 AM
    And now I proudly announce the newest Blackberry endorsement partner for 2014 **** Cheney!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb2015.jpg 
Views:	1744 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	323213
    Exactly my point! Why is BlackBerry insisting on promoting this kind of consumer image is beyond me...

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 05:01 AM

Any chance they'd goto Indianapolis in 2015 for an IndyCar sponsorship?

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.3337/ t&at
    12-26-14 05:10 AM
    I have never believed in sponsoring celebrities for product endorsement, most of them wouldn't even look at the product unless the endorsement check was big enough.

If someone really has a passion for a product, they will promote it regardless of how much the company is going to put into their pockets.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    eduzojordan likes this.
    12-26-14 05:28 AM
    It's not idiotic when the promotion works naturally. Look at his Instagram, there's a ton of pics of him using his BlackBerry.. several different ones throughout the years. His videos often show his BlackBerry as well. There's no better promotion than natural promotion. When money becomes involved, then people question the actions more. Truth is, Drake also uses an iPhone as well but if he were 'signed' by BlackBerry, that would become part of the spotlight. 'Drake - BlackBerry brand ambassador spotted using iPhone!' - whereas right now, it's not a big deal.
    12-26-14 05:51 AM
    Drakes been using his blackberry to write his rhymes for years. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a crackberry user as well. On multiple occasions you see him reading his freestyles off his bb's at radio stations.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 06:34 AM
    Come on John! He's one of the hottest icons now, and he loves BlackBerry. And yet you decided not to sign him to an endorsement deal simply because "BlackBerry is focusing on enterprises" !? This is probably one of the best chances to take advantage of, just imagine how much more revenue you can generate, bumps up your market share to attract more developers, and make BlackBerry relevant to the mass again.

Please consider

Posted via CB10
    What if Drake is a fan but not into an endorsement deal?
    12-26-14 07:07 AM

2 thumbs up

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 07:48 AM
    Paid celebrity endorsements are so passe now, and most Drake fans that even consider a BlackBerry will likely be swayed to iPhone/Samsung by salesmen anyway.

I'd rather BlackBerry use the money to push out the next OS version sooner, get the Rio out, Z50, IoT, further QNX adiption, professional applications, etc. BlackBerry has a lot on their plate already, and There's still some tinkering to be done with the Classic. If they perfect the Classic in the next few months, the de facto 'endorsement' will follow.

From a Z30
    12-26-14 07:53 AM
    Any chance they'd goto Indianapolis in 2015 for an IndyCar sponsorship?

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.3337/ t&at
    Not likely. If one considers F1 to be the pinacle of motor sports then this is where BlackBerry wants to be plus it's reaches a wider demographic and audience. Nothing against Indy car or NASCAR.

12-26-14 07:58 AM
    Or if they release a powered up version of the BlackBerry Classic, then I can live with that as well XD

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 07:59 AM
    Why pay for something free? The best promotion comes from voluntary hi profile users loving their phone!
    Soul_Est likes this.
    12-26-14 08:03 AM
    Why would they need to sign Drake if he is doing some free advertising for BlackBerry without being part of the payroll?

That's the best publicity you can have!

Posted via CB10
    geekaren, Soul_Est and needforbbx like this.
    12-26-14 08:07 AM
    Already done with Alicia Keys, didn't work out very well. Why would it work now?

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 08:12 AM

Please consider

Posted via CB10
    Sending them one and him instagramming it is probably enough at the moment. I don't see where it helped to have Alicia Keys and it isn't like she wasn't still on a roll when they made that deal. I think BB needs to watch where they throw money and at the moment I think they are handling stuff like this the correct way.
    12-26-14 08:59 AM
    Hardly being idiotic... first principle of business is sales is what is your target market.... Enterprise is... and that is the laser focus of Chen and company.... how Drake would fit into this is beyond me... Chen make if very clear there would be no celebrity endorsements as he had a golden opportunity with Kim K. who has way more of an audience than Drake.... what almost killed BB was being all over the map... trying to do Enterprise... consumer markets .... Alicia Keys a "creative consultant ( embarrassing )... folks need to read the teas leaves... BB for the time being and maybe forever will be and Enterprise focused company not a consumer one... those in the consumer market need to get use to the idea that they are an afterthought and will be treated such...
    12-26-14 09:48 AM
54 123