I don't know if I am doing something wrong if I type a wrong word it will give me a red underline warning but won't autocorrect the word like z30 or other blackberry phone does. Like if I spell wrong [wronu] I will underline but won't auto correct . I typed a email and I have to spend 10 minutes correcting all words and I took and android phone re typed the same mail in 4 minutes and send.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 07:16 AM
    You must have disabled auto correct on settings under Language and Input/ prediction and correction/ auto correct with space bar.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 09:45 AM
    I agree it doesn't function the same way. Can't really explain it. It's hit or miss. Hoping an update makes it better. One of the things I miss about z30

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 09:57 AM
    I am having same issue. Works fine on my z30 but 50/50 on my Passport.

Passport & Z30
    Can't imagine life w/o a BlackBerry
    04-04-15 10:05 AM
    I am really avoiding classic when it comes to type long mails as the auto correct feature is horrible and not close to z30. I can't waste time correcting each and every word highlighted in red and the space bar auto correct works for very basic words. I am really disappointed by thr horrible auto correct feature on classic and I am extremely fast on z30 because of the brilliant auto correct feature. I have no idea why would blackberry won't implement the same auto correct in classic. Really classic is a machine when it comes to productivity and this missing feature really make the whole typing experience painful

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 02:11 PM
    WTF is this "autocorrect" thing you guys keep blabbering on about? Lol

Edit: See, with autocorrect, that last sentence would have read: WHY is this "automobile" thing you guys keep bladder ring on about? Lot

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    moody and This0ldMan like this.
    04-04-15 02:57 PM
    With the higher number of errors on touch screen, autocorrect needs to be stronger. Reviewing what you typed is critical to make sure autocorrect didn't get it wrong. With QWERTY on my Passport I'm at over 95% accurate as you will be too as you get used to it. Amazingly, I can almost type flawlessly without looking at the keys! I appreciate that it types what I press. I believe autocorrect is scaled down because of this.

Posted via my PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2582
    slagman5 and This0ldMan like this.
    04-04-15 03:35 PM
    With the higher number of errors on touch screen, autocorrect needs to be stronger. Reviewing what you typed is critical to make sure autocorrect didn't get it wrong. With QWERTY on my Passport I'm at over 95% accurate as you will be too as you get used to it. Amazingly, I can almost type flawlessly without looking at the keys! I appreciate that it types what I press. I believe autocorrect is scaled down because of this.

Exactly, the improved accuracy of the physical keyboard negates the need for this "autocorrect" nonsense. I believe you'll spend more time fixing autocorrect fails than it will save fixing actual spelling errors when using a pkb device...

04-04-15 06:58 PM
    Hmmmm interesting as I'd have never thought of this as why. And while I DEF type better on my Passport than I do on Z30, I misspell words that I take for granted my phone will know how to spell or at least give me choices when I tap it. But it usually doesn't even come close.

Passport & Z30
    Can't imagine life w/o a BlackBerry
    04-04-15 09:52 PM
    Just bexause u type well on physical keyboard so we ruined the software auto correct experience Strange. Why can't blackberry make the auto correct feature works like it works on z30 where we don't have to worry while typing . A small mis spelled word takes 3 extra steps to correct it and after typing mails I have to spend more time correcting those red error lines..

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 11:18 PM
    Just bexause u type well on physical keyboard so we ruined the software auto correct experience Strange. Why can't blackberry make the auto correct feature works like it works on z30 where we don't have to worry while typing . A small mis spelled word takes 3 extra steps to correct it and after typing mails I have to spend more time correcting those red error lines..

Posted via CB10
    I cannot relate. I must have magical accurate typing powers or something...

Edit: I agree that having the option is always good for those who need it. But it would definitely be the first thing I turn off when I get the phone as I usually would if it was there...
    04-05-15 12:39 AM
    I have stopped typing long mails as this auto correct thing is really horroble.... I purposely typep horroble instead of horrible and it did not auto correcy it.. another example see previous word correcy it's correct and it still don't auto correct.. even an 100 dollar android phone will do that..

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    04-05-15 03:03 AM
    I have stopped typing long mails as this auto correct thing is really horroble.... I purposely typep horroble instead of horrible and it did not auto correcy it.. another example see previous word correcy it's correct and it still don't auto correct.. even an 100 dollar android phone will do that..

Posted via CB10
    I would say the best thing to do is learn how to type correctly instead of expecting technology to hold your hand through everything, but hey, that's none of my business... To each their own.

Rowan M and Smokeaire like this.
    04-05-15 03:50 AM
    Your phone is learning to.. the more you type with your phone, the more it is learning about you're typing habbits.

Posted via my awesome Classic
    04-05-15 04:07 AM
    I would say the best thing to do is learn how to type correctly instead of expecting technology to hold your hand through everything, but hey, that's none of my business... To each their own.

Most definitely. I am a sucker for new tech. I bought a Betamax for $1500, a Garmin GPS at $850 when they first became available. However, most of the time, I see we use technologies as crutches. I have colleagues who would go crazy when email doesn't work. Umm, how about picking up the phone? I turned off auto-correction on phones, Microsoft Word, etc. Until one day, when a phone can read my mind completely and type everything for me, I think I'd rather type and spell-check for myself.
    04-05-15 08:09 AM
    All not well with Language and input on BlackBerry Passport. It is their heart and Soul. Hope BlackBerry listens. The highly proclaimed intuitive response is temperamental. It works or does not!

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 08:41 AM
    Really disappointed with this feature which is absent in highly productive phone like classic. The typing is fast but the autocorrect is terrible which makes the whole experience lousy

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 01:27 PM

Exactly, the improved accuracy of the physical keyboard negates the need for this "autocorrect" nonsense. I believe you'll spend more time fixing autocorrect fails than it will save fixing actual spelling errors when using a pkb device...

Sorry but let's not misunderstand a feature (AutoCorrect) vs a language correction (auto correct/correction).

As many of you know, a very unique feature to BBOS devices since BBOS3.x (until iOS4) was called AutoCorrect.
    This feature was incredibly powerful and I see it overlooked by the majority of users on any platform. Old school BB purists may agree that EVEN with a physical keyboard this was a very powerful function.

AutoCorrect - Two Sides:
    Ability to correct common mis-typed words, built into the OS (example "teh" -fix to- "the"), or by user insertion for more than common words to be automatically or auto corrected (names are the best examply: Smyth vs Smith, Michel vs Michael, Rose vs Rose, as well as common words that denate a proper name BlackBerry vs Blackberry or blackberry; you heard?!!).

Very powerful shorthand substition for less than commonly used word, phrase or expression (bb = BlackBerry, Inc, bes12 = BlackBerry Enterprise Server 12 'BES12'). Another example is say for instance a fan based tagline used in a lot of posts allbbrocks = At the end of the day, BlackBerry Rocks! , orsignature allbbrocksThunder!

* Since iOS 5 (I think) Auto Correct even in BB10 is now called ShortCuts.

Auto Correction - is simply just correcting seplling = spelling mistakes, like so.

PS: There are quite a number of AutoCorrect threads specifically related to the expression I listed earlier.
    04-05-15 06:59 PM
    This feature would greatly minimise the impact of the double typing issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 10:42 AM
    I going to turn off Ignore Acronyms and clear my learnt words which might have picked up a few unwanted words from double typing and see if it makes a difference.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 07:52 AM
    Does 'Auto-correct with space bar' not actually work then? Doesn't seem to do anything with mine. (And yes, it is enabled.....)
    04-22-15 03:55 PM