This has often been discussed. Is there a solution to non availability of Flash on OS 10 ? Very frustrating

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 09:14 AM
    This has often been discussed. Is there a solution to non availability of Flash on OS 10 ? Very frustrating

Posted via CB10
    Well if you have seen all the discussions.... they you know that you can use a 3rd Party Browser that still contains the last version of Mobile Flash that was available. But Adobe has stopped supporting mobile and is not updating it or patching it, which is why BlackBerry removed it. So use at your own risk.
    08-06-15 09:18 AM
    08-06-15 11:02 AM
    I sideloaded that flash browser, the 10.3.1 browser and that yeah.so plugin and the flash works fine. Flash will be dead on all mobile platforms soon (I hope) so I don't see a reason to buy any browser that comes with flash, especially considering there are like 10 free flash browsers for android. Just saying.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    08-06-15 11:14 AM
    I sideloaded that flash browser, the 10.3.1 browser and that yeah.so plugin and the flash works fine. Flash will be dead on all mobile platforms soon (I hope) so I don't see a reason to buy any browser that comes with flash, especially considering there are like 10 free flash browsers for android. Just saying.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    That is the problem... FLASH is already dead for mobile device, almost all of these plugins and Flash capable browsers are using what is now very outdated software. Heck even the Desktop version that has seen updates has a number of now know exploits and browsers are turning it off by default.

Granted it's really unknown if these exploits will work on the BB10 platform.... but if security isn't something you are worried about, why do you own a BlackBerry at this point?
    08-06-15 01:34 PM
    That is the problem... FLASH is already dead for mobile device, almost all of these plugins and Flash capable browsers are using what is now very outdated software. Heck even the Desktop version that has seen updates has a number of now know exploits and browsers are turning it off by default.

Granted it's really unknown if these exploits will work on the BB10 platform.... but if security isn't something you are worried about, why do you own a BlackBerry at this point?
    Physical keyboard for one...

Posted with my  Classic
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-06-15 01:46 PM

Yep very out dated and flawed security version, I used it for one site so far as I don't usually have issues browsing the Web with just HTML5. But we all know how certain sites refuse to adapt to the times, so sometimes you need a workaround. I don't think BlackBerry is prone to attacks except data mining and since I'm on a smart cell phone I am aware that every Co that data mines is already doing so to me.

I have a BlackBerry for several reasons most importantly it's not an android or an iphone.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-06-15 02:40 PM