Hello everybody,

I am a long time blacberry user. I have BB Classic since he came to Europe. I had 9900 Bold with well tuned OS before the Classic. The system ran perfectly and in fact the Bold has been used more like instead of my laptop... There was only one, but huge weakness - the camera.

Now - the Blacberry Classic has much better camera, but the system does not satisfy me at all.

Sorry if my question is too stupid, but does exist some way, how to change operating system in BB Classic onto OS 7.1?
    Does anyone have experience with something like this? Or what do you think - is this ever theoreticaly possible, or there are such HW, or other differences between BB Classic and BB 9900 Bold that such tuning will not work?

But is nice idea to have Blacberry phone with HW keyboard, good camera and OS 7.1 what do you think ?

:-)
    08-26-16 04:12 AM
    Development of the BB OS 7.1 has essentially halted. Sorry, there is no way to install it on your Classic or any other BB 10 device.
    08-26-16 06:44 AM
    Wow, Dude, that's a retro-grade step, really.

In terms of the camera, don't forget that there is a significant hardware component there. If you were not happy with the camera on a Classic, then downgrading the OS isn't going to help at all.
    08-26-16 09:26 AM
    Why would you even want a Classic with OS7 is baffling me. (Even after reading your reasons).
    That's like buying a BMW and putting a MINI engine inside.

Posted via CB10 on my Classic
    dollface likes this.
    08-27-16 04:26 PM
    You realize Mini engines are done by BMW!!
    LOL

Posted via CB10
    08-29-16 12:44 AM
    Wow, Dude, that's a retro-grade step, really.

In terms of the camera, don't forget that there is a significant hardware component there. If you were not happy with the camera on a Classic, then downgrading the OS isn't going to help at all.
    Re-read the OP. He was not happy with the Bold camera.

Posted with my  Classic
    08-29-16 05:18 AM
    Oops. Well, my Beloved Bride contends that I'm not always paying attention, so this not be a surprise!
    08-29-16 08:17 AM
    You realize Mini engines are done by BMW!!
    LOL

Posted via CB10
    Yes I do know that. That's why I quoted Mini and not just a random manufacture. Just because BMW make the Mini engine, it don't mean it's suitable for a BMW

Posted via CB10 on my Classic
    08-29-16 03:26 PM