I'm ready to go back to blackberry because I'm sick of touch screen phones and having to have to hold touch screen phones with two hands most of the time to tap/swipe/pinch the screens.

Just curious as to who is the best carrier (phone company) that carries the classic? I'm only aware of 4 of them (ATT, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon).

By best carrier, I mean the one that has the best data and price plan and decent coverage. I don't need full or the best US coverage.

Thanks,
    Mark
    07-08-15 08:20 PM
    You need to check the maps in your area because every carrier/city is different.
    07-08-15 08:22 PM
    I think generally Verizon has the best coverage and service; however, recently AT&T seems to be getting the new models faster and they have comparable coverage to Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 11:20 PM
    Everyone has their own best carrier!

Posted from Neverland!
    07-08-15 11:33 PM
    T-Mobile

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 12:02 AM
    Loving Verizon, personally.

Posted with my  Classic
    07-09-15 12:11 AM
    I have the TMobile plan with 2 lines for $100 (unlimited talk, text, 4G data).
    07-09-15 12:37 AM
    Im on Verizon and love them. Was on Sprint prior and hated them and their 3G service in Southern California. Family is on AT&T and has spotty service often.

And if it matters to you. The Verizon Classic has wireless charging. And no matter what a store rep tells you, yes it does!!

PS; Verizon has a cool wireless charger too. But you'd have to order it. It's the Tylt Vu.

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065
    Avenzuno likes this.
    07-09-15 04:02 AM
    Go with AT&T if you want customer service who knows what a BlackBerry is.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 10:45 AM
    It all depends on what works in your area and any areas you travel in. I have already tried T-Mobile and that did not workout to well because of coverage in my home area. Currently I am trying out both Verizon and AT&T for a year to see which one works best for me. I am using a classic on both and leaning toward AT&T right now, as Verizon has some problems when driving though certain areas even with the signal saying 4 bars.
    07-11-15 10:53 AM
    13 year T-Mobile user, so maybe I'm biased... But they not only carry the Classic, but are soon to be getting the Passport (or at least was my understanding as per Chen's own comments during the last investor's call...) The fact that I do a lot of international travel also plays a part in my love as T-Mobile makes it easy to use your device overseas with limited fees... Just that two year break-up they had with BlackBerry put a damper on things, but gradually they are progressing and hopefully things will be more copasetic going forward... (Users with the Q10 and Z10 have been stuck in OS 10.2 limbo for far too long and are STILL waiting on a 10.3.2 update, but Classic users had 10.3.2 pushed through almost immediately. May have even been the 1st US carrier to push it out, not certain of that though...)

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 10:54 AM
    For me its got to be Verizon. Where I live the other carriers can't touch Big Red's coverage.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.840
    07-11-15 12:07 PM
    Not Sprint, which is usually the case when it comes to asking about the best carrier in any capacity.

Anyway, whichever one out of AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile has the best plan and/or network in your area should be the good one.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 12:41 PM
    thanks everybody.

I'm in Southern CA, I'll probably go with ATT or T-mobile. I know Verizon has the best coverage but when I was with them, I had a motorola flip phone that they locked and they charged me something like 25 cents each time I wanted to send myself a picture. They literally nicked and dimed us and that's never sit well with me.

I just want the cheapest service (I'm currently paying $30 a month on Sprint's family plan) and it looks like t-mobile. If ATT isn't much more, I'll go with them instead.

I can't wait to get a BB classic. Tried one out today for the first time and it is an awesome looking phone. And it has the keyboard with toolbar and the BB OS that looks like it was designed for professional people, not kids.
    07-11-15 02:47 PM
    thanks everybody.

I'm in Southern CA, I'll probably go with ATT or T-mobile. I know Verizon has the best coverage but when I was with them, I had a motorola flip phone that they locked and they charged me something like 25 cents each time I wanted to send myself a picture. They literally nicked and dimed us and that's never sit well with me.

I just want the cheapest service (I'm currently paying $30 a month on Sprint's family plan) and it looks like t-mobile. If ATT isn't much more, I'll go with them instead.

I can't wait to get a BB classic. Tried one out today for the first time and it is an awesome looking phone. And it has the keyboard with toolbar and the BB OS that looks like it was designed for professional people, not kids.
    You can always do Simple Mobile which rides on T-Mobile towers. In fact you don't even have to unlock and T-Mobile branded phones.

Basically they don't offer any roaming outside their coverage area, which is any T-Mobile towers.

For $40 per month you can get unlimited talk and text with unlimited international texting and 2GB of data at LTE speed.

Also there are no taxes so $40 is it!

I used them for 6 months and it was totally fine - I live in LA and travel throughout the U.S. Only reason I went back to T-Mobile was because I needed something that worked when I am outside the country.
    Last edited by robert_in_la; 07-17-15 at 12:15 AM.
    07-11-15 02:57 PM
    Thanks, I'm going to check Simple Mobile out.
    07-11-15 04:43 PM
    Im on Verizon and love them. Was on Sprint prior and hated them and their 3G service in Southern California. Family is on AT&T and has spotty service often.

And if it matters to you. The Verizon Classic has wireless charging. And no matter what a store rep tells you, yes it does!!

PS; Verizon has a cool wireless charger too. But you'd have to order it. It's the Tylt Vu.

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065
    Good to know. I'm using the Vu with my VZW Z30, and if I ever replaced it I would like a newer BlackBerry device that's Qi-compatible.
    07-11-15 08:10 PM
    T-Mo sucks. They have about 1/8 of the towers of AT&T

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 11:04 PM
    Matt--T-Mobile may suck for you but for me they are the best carrier. I find their plans to be very affordable and their coverage area where I live is excellent. To each their own for their own reasons.

Posted via BB Classic
    robert_in_la likes this.
    07-12-15 11:40 AM
    Thanks, I'm going to check Simple Mobile out.
    Just received a notice that T-Mobile changed their monthly plans. They now cover all of North America as one calling zone at no extra cost.

Meaning Mexico, U.S. and Canada have no roaming anymore. Unlimited text and talk and whatever the limit is for 4G data. Just saved another $10 off because of this.

But if you don't travel then it's not a big deal.
    07-17-15 12:14 AM