I need your help. I'm using my Blackberry Classic for work and need to know what sort of apps are available for business and which ones I should utilize.

I come from an Android background, FYI. The work items I need are: email, calendar integration, PDF view/edit, MS Office integration (excel/word/powerpoint edit, create, view), group messaging for people outside of BBM (secure, akin to Symphony or telegram), etc.

What are your recommendations? When I go through Blackberry World I either find that there are too few apps, or too wide of a variety. Your help is greatly appreciated.
    05-30-16 03:27 AM
    Look for these in BlackBerry World: WorkWide, Uncompressor, PrintHand, Ultimate Backup, Dropbox or Box.
    Also important from android apps: Outliner and Penzu (
    that's it. (at least for me)

The rest is already available, such as Adobe PDF editor (you can even create signature there), DocsToGo for everything related to Excel/Word/Powerpoint edit, create, view (granted, it's not as robust as a full blown MsOffice on android, but in most cases it's enough), Evernote, BBM, the Hub for emails and calendar, Remember... all these are the core extremely useful default features.
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 05-30-16 at 06:30 AM.
    05-30-16 06:10 AM
    SuperZip - For password protected zips

Email++ - for putting a delay on emails out. This has saved me too many times, and crucified me when I forgot to turn it on

BeBuzz - LED notifications for focusing on key messages from your contacts. Hub++ is better but has issues on 10.3.2.

Light Anytime - just being able to turn on the flashlight is so useful with just the volume keys

SMS Email Scheduler - time delayed messaging. Not brilliant but works in a pinch

Blockr - whitelist calls if you need to sleep in after an all nighter at work

Helium - Heavy duty text editor. Yes it's for coding but allows multiple documents to be open and easily switch between them. This isn't for Microsoft Word, just straight forward text editing

 Classic via CB
    05-30-16 07:56 AM
    Sideload MS Office if you are used to having access to those specifically. My uni outlook goes to the hub so I don't have the outlook app on my Passport. I use the android version of OneDrive because I cannot for the life of me get the BlackBerry version to let me sign in. Which SUCKS because I like having everything in my file manager. Alas.

Fyi if you are a BlackBerry user for the sake of security, drop Dropbox. Freaking "I endorse govt spying" Condoleezza Rice is on their board.
    05-31-16 02:12 AM
    Is there a better task/to-do manager out there? The Remember UI seems too complex for me.
    06-09-16 09:35 PM
    Is there a better task/to-do manager out there? The Remember UI seems too complex for me.
    Try CONGU or MANAGE IT-PROJECT MANAGER.
    But, the simplest and most stable is MEMO PAD.

All from the Blackberry World.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    06-09-16 10:54 PM
    Blackberry Travel is integrated so I use it every day.
    Anytime for BlackBerry does all my time tracking. Took a bit of setup but now does all my time and expense tracking.

TrackUrmiles I use for mileage.

Other than that I use AirCanada... not as good since they switched to Android but does well.

I sync documents and files across devices with Onedrive.

I use the Remember Application built-in 'cause flagged emails show up there as well as tasks created in outlook (I sync via personal and office exchange servers)

Chris - Posted from my PP SE on CB10
    06-10-16 09:30 AM
    talking about the main business needs : email, calendar, contacts and tasks :
    Using the HUB you can have the best email experience comparing to other phones. The ability to flag your message and then archive it and setting a due date to review it on remember is amazing
    Regarding Microsoft office Sync : the best way to sync your classic with Outlook is to use a 365 account. You can flawlessly sync your outlook calendar and contacts with your activesync account (hotmail/outlook.com) and than with your Classic . You can even sync your outlook tasks with remember ! everything wireless
    Regarding tasks , althought remember is the main task app, it is not the best task manager (it has some lacks : there is no recurrent tasks for instance) . Im using Toodledo for tasks, and the best app i found to sync it is Toodle Tasks.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    06-11-16 05:02 PM
    ......althought remember is the main task app, it is not the best task manager (it has some lacks : there is no recurrent tasks for instance) . Im using Toodledo for tasks, and the best app i found to sync it is Toodle Tasks.
    Ultimate To-Do List is probably the stronger Toodledo client. It is also a port but it is extremely well integrated into BB10, almost as good as a native app. Has a dark theme as well. Sync is flawless. Been a stable app for many years.

 Classic via CB
    06-11-16 07:12 PM
    Ultimate To-Do List is probably the stronger Toodledo client. It is also a port but it is extremely well integrated into BB10, almost as good as a native app. Has a dark theme as well. Sync is flawless. Been a stable app for many years.

 Classic via CB
    i havent tried it but certanly it may be the best option. I get used to Toodle tasks and it also has a good integration with BB10, including keyboard and trackpad integration wich is not the rule for port apps. The only lack : there is no hub integration.Anyway, im sure toodledo is one of the best task manager not only for blackberry, it fits every phone.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    06-11-16 07:47 PM

 Classic via CB
    I've tried ultimate to do list but it as stated I can't get it to work with the calendar. Unless I'm doing something wrong.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-16 09:30 PM
    Other than that I use AirCanada... not as good since they switched to Android but does well.
    You can still get the original native app from the "My Apps & Games -> Available" section of BB World (if you downloaded it before of course). It still works, it just isn't updated anymore.
    Chris Chin likes this.
    06-11-16 11:31 PM