Can all BB Classics be charged wirelessly or only those sold thru AT&T? Are there different wireless charging accessories? Thanks.
    05-04-15 12:42 PM
    I believe both the ATT and VZW models can be wirelessly charged. Any Qi charging pad should work. I have several different ones for my Z30 and they all work.
    05-04-15 01:20 PM
    What about the Classics sold by ShopBlackberry?
    05-04-15 01:27 PM
    What about the Classics sold by ShopBlackberry?
    Those ones don't have it built in.
    05-04-15 01:33 PM
    How do I know if I have a wireless charagable handset?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 03:58 PM
    How do I know if I have a wireless charagable handset?
    Models SQC100-2, 3 and 5 are the only ones that have it built in. These are most likely to be AT&T and Verizon branded as well.

If you don't know, you can find out your phone's model# under Settings>About>category: General>Model Number
    05-04-15 04:01 PM
    Oh balls I don't have wireless. I'm also United Kingdom so don't have those carriers here

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 05:03 PM
    Oh balls I don't have wireless. I'm also United Kingdom so don't have those carriers here
    Right. Well if you're interested in getting a Classic with wireless charging, neither model is a perfect fit for Europe, but IMHO, the AT&T Classic is better as its fully compatible with UK's three major 4G (LTE) networks and quite compatible with 3G as well. The Verizon Classic is not fully compatible with 4G, but it is fully compatible with UK's 3G networks. So I would try to score an AT&T Classic SQC100-2, especially if you're still on 3.

They won't be easy to find where you are, though. And if you're interested in Qi charging, you'd want to make sure the AT&T Classic is compatible with Qi. The Verizon one is, but I'm not 100% about the AT&T one (I think it is.)
    05-04-15 08:08 PM
    Right. Well if you're interested in getting a Classic with wireless charging, neither model is a perfect fit for Europe, but IMHO, the AT&T Classic is better as its fully compatible with UK's three major 4G (LTE) networks and quite compatible with 3G as well. The Verizon Classic is not fully compatible with 4G, but it is fully compatible with UK's 3G networks. So I would try to score an AT&T Classic SQC100-2, especially if you're still on 3.

They won't be easy to find where you are, though. And if you're interested in Qi charging, you'd want to make sure the AT&T Classic is compatible with Qi. The Verizon one is, but I'm not 100% about the AT&T one (I think it is.)
    All of the wireless charging models work on both pma and qi I think. I'm on the AT&T one and using qi.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-04-15 10:54 PM
    All of the wireless charging models work on both pma and qi I think. I'm on the AT&T one and using qi.
    Thanks. That's what I thought. The BlackBerry support webpage confirming this no longer exists due to their re-design, so I'm glad you could confirm this.
    05-04-15 11:44 PM
    What are your thoughts on the qi charging? Has it replaced plugging in for you?

Posted via  Classic.
    05-05-15 11:41 AM
    What are your thoughts on the qi charging? Has it replaced plugging in for you?

Posted via  Classic.
    It has for me, save my usb port from getting worn down...

05-05-15 12:15 PM
    Thank you.

Posted via  Classic.
    05-05-15 01:54 PM

Which Qi charger are you using Slagman5? I'm looking at picking one up and all the reviews on Amazon seem pretty mixed.

Verizon Classic / 10.3.2.500
    05-06-15 06:48 AM
    Which Qi charger are you using Slagman5? I'm looking at picking one up and all the reviews on Amazon seem pretty mixed.

I'm using the Itian A6 with a 1.8A Playbook charger as the power cord, because the power cord it comes with is pretty short and I've read it could fail after a little while.

rotaryguy likes this.
    05-06-15 07:13 AM
    I'm using the Itian A6 with a 1.8A Playbook charger as the power cord, because the power cord it comes with is pretty short and I've read it could fail after a little while.

Awesome thanks. I have one on the way.

05-06-15 05:45 PM
    The nexus version works great and has a nice strong magnet that holds the phone firmly in place for my vzw classic. I almost never use the usb anymore unless the nexus 5 is charging - which is all the time - Classic battery life is awesome.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 08:40 AM
    I just ordered the A6 Qi on amazon for $23 new.
    05-07-15 07:20 PM
    does anyone know if there is a type of magnetic charger for the passport and classic? i know the old powermat chargers would have a slight magnetic pull to help align the device and wasnt sure if that is still the case.
    06-05-15 08:30 AM