I replaced my BB several years ago with an iPhone 4s. After all this time, I've decided I really effing HATE touch screens and unless Apple comes out with an iPhone with a keyboard (fat chance), I am considering another blackberry. The one I had several years ago was rather slow, I don't remember the model but it had a round track ball. But it worked great.

Is the Classic the best and most powerful current BB phone with a keyboard? Also, how is internet browsing on these current blackberries compared to ones that are about 4 years old? Useable?

And what about the OS? I DON"T WANT Android, I'd prefer the BB OS. Is the BB OS stable and useable?

And if the classic isn't the most powerful BB phone with a physical keyboard, which one is and where can I get one for Sprint?

Thanks to all who answer...
    07-03-15 01:41 PM
    Passport
    07-03-15 01:51 PM
    If I'm not mistaken no BlackBerry phones are being sold through sprint? From what I've read on the forums here anyway.

The most powerful BlackBerry is the Passport. It is only available for GSM carriers.

The classic otherwise is your next option

Both have excellent browsing capabilities and the OS is fluid and intuitive. With added possibility of installing android apps through official and unofficial methods, you most likely will enjoy it very much.
    07-03-15 01:56 PM
    Thanks mad_mdx (and TheBirdDog). I looked up the passport and I don't like the form factor. I think I like the classic.

I was looking at the Q10 and the specs looked very good but it doesn't have a trackpad. I want a trackpad. I don't want to have to touch the screen to do something (although the option to have that would be ok). I much preferred using my old BB's track ball.

The best BB form factor phone I ever saw was one that was sold by ATT some years ago. It had a touch screen but you could slide the screen up and access a full BB keyboard underneath. I would have got that one if it was available on Sprint.
    07-03-15 02:19 PM
    Does this classic phone work with Sprint? Also, does Sprint offer or let you use BB phones on their network? I don't see any BB phones listed on their site.
    07-03-15 02:34 PM
    I believe sprint only allows you to use phones bought from them, but I am not well versed in the subjet. Therefore buying one from elsewhere to use on their network might not work.

The phone you are talking about was the BlackBerry Torch, which is an old generation phone, and not suitable for modern day smartphone usage (especially browsing)

Indeed your best bet is the classic, which is a fantastic device as well even though it doesn't pack the hardware of the passport.

But you may be out of luck with sprint.
    07-03-15 02:40 PM
    The best BB form factor phone I ever saw was one that was sold by ATT some years ago. It had a touch screen but you could slide the screen up and access a full BB keyboard underneath. I would have got that one if it was available on Sprint.
    You might want to wait a bit longer and see what develops with the new BlackBerry 'Venice'. Many agree with you (myself included), that the old Torch series was the best form or all and this is the closest that any modern smartphone has come. There are rumours afloat that it may be sporting the Android OS but nobody can say for certain yet. It's supposed to come out at the end of the year.

If you can afford to buy 2 new devices, then the Classic looks like a pretty solid device for now. You might be tempted into an early upgrade once the new slider comes out though!
    07-03-15 08:41 PM
    Passport best keyboard BlackBerry currently

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    07-03-15 10:03 PM
    The Classic has a great keyboard until it starts to double type

Mine usually double types the spacebar. It will sometimes end a sentence and start a new one because a double press on the spacebar adds a period.

Oh great. Now that I am talking about the double typing on the Classic it is working perfectly. Haha.

Posted via CB10
    thejfadams likes this.
    07-03-15 10:08 PM
    The most powerful BlackBerry with a keyboard is the Passport, since it has a better processor.

But "the best" is a matter of opinion.

I have both and I'm really just so torn between which I like more. I got the Passport first and got the Classic when it came to T-Mobile. I thought I'd use it sometimes, but mainly stick to my Passport.... but I was wrong. I absolutely love the Classic.

I didn't think I missed the toolbelt since I hadn't had it since I sold my Bold 9900 after I got the Z10 when it launched. But the toolbelt is still as useful as ever, and the trackpad is so nice to have when browsing the Web (which I do a ton of).

I know the Classic's camera isn't as good, and it has older and slower internals, but I've never experienced anything that makes me feel like the Classic is outdated. I don't run any android apps, just Twitter, web browser, BBM, the weather app and CB10 pretty much.

I was so used to the Passport being a two handed phone that I forgot how great it is to hold a BlackBerry in one hand and use the trackpad to scroll down. I really like the Classic and think BlackBerry did a great job bridging the past to the present with the toolbelt and old school styling mixed with their modern OS.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 01:36 AM
    The most powerful BlackBerry with a keyboard is the Passport, since it has a better processor.

But "the best" is a matter of opinion.

I have both and I'm really just so torn between which I like more. I got the Passport first and got the Classic when it came to T-Mobile. I thought I'd use it sometimes, but mainly stick to my Passport.... but I was wrong. I absolutely love the Classic.

I didn't think I missed the toolbelt since I hadn't had it since I sold my Bold 9900 after I got the Z10 when it launched. But the toolbelt is still as useful as ever, and the trackpad is so nice to have when browsing the Web (which I do a ton of).

I know the Classic's camera isn't as good, and it has older and slower internals, but I've never experienced anything that makes me feel like the Classic is outdated. I don't run any android apps, just Twitter, web browser, BBM, the weather app and CB10 pretty much.

I was so used to the Passport being a two handed phone that I forgot how great it is to hold a BlackBerry in one hand and use the trackpad to scroll down. I really like the Classic and think BlackBerry did a great job bridging the past to the present with the toolbelt and old school styling mixed with their modern OS.

Posted via CB10
    Question for you.... are there things you can do with your Passport that you just can't do with the classic. I mean manly day to day operations type stuff.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 05:32 AM
    Question for you.... are there things you can do with your Passport that you just can't do with the classic. I mean manly day to day operations type stuff.

Posted via CB10
    The Passport is great for "manly" stuff. That wide keyboard is the most "manly" of them all.
    But no, there shouldn't be anything that the Classic "cant" do. There are just some things that the Passport will do better. And this is entirely based on preference and opinion.
    07-04-15 01:16 PM
    The Passport is great for "manly" stuff. That wide keyboard is the most "manly" of them all.
    But no, there shouldn't be anything that the Classic "cant" do. There are just some things that the Passport will do better. And this is entirely based on preference and opinion.
    Ha just saw that I meant mainly

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    07-04-15 01:36 PM
    It really depends how you define best. The Classic is an ok device, but the specs are far from leading edge. I've a Passport, and am ok with the form factor tradeoff. I found the narrower Classic keyboard and smaller, lower resolution screen to be a tradeoff I wasn't willing to make. Depending on how you use your phone and your value equation, your answer may be different.

Posted on my Passport to the future
    thejfadams and andy957 like this.
    07-04-15 02:08 PM
    Ha just saw that I meant mainly

Posted via CB10
    I was well aware... I just can't resist poking fun when the opportunity is there. So long as no one's feelings get hurt.
    07-04-15 02:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Nope. The Passport is basically like if the Classic went into a circus and looked at itself in one of those crazy mirrors where it's all wide and distorted (in a good way). If anything, I miss the trackpad on the Passport when I use it, because whereas I just scroll the trackpad to click something with one hand, the Passport requires my other than to tap whatever it is on the screen I want to click. The Classic isn't lacking in functionality in any way, other than the touch responsive keyboard, which I do love on the Passport.
    tindersticks likes this.
    07-04-15 03:20 PM
    I wanted a passport so bad, but they don't carry it on Verizon. I never paid attention to the classic, thinking I didn't really want an old school design BlackBerry. I was so wrong. I love my classic. Makes me wonder I how ever survived without the trackpad. Z10 is an amazing phone and that keyboard is the best available, so I really wanted the passport for the word swipe option, but there's something about the classic keyboard that makes me not care anymore. And I got used to the smaller screen size rather quickly. It's really not that bad. I have noticed an issue with android games not recognizing my swipe gestures, mainly strategy games, so there is apparently a downside. All the other android apps I've tried work flawlessly, like instagram, Google maps, neutron, and flipboard.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 04:08 PM
    I was well aware... I just can't resist poking fun when the opportunity is there. So long as no one's feelings get hurt.
    No issues from me I thought it was funny also.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 05:52 PM
    Nope. The Passport is basically like if the Classic went into a circus and looked at itself in one of those crazy mirrors where it's all wide and distorted (in a good way). If anything, I miss the trackpad on the Passport when I use it, because whereas I just scroll the trackpad to click something with one hand, the Passport requires my other than to tap whatever it is on the screen I want to click. The Classic isn't lacking in functionality in any way, other than the touch responsive keyboard, which I do love on the Passport.
    Thats very good to know. Classic sounding better and better

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 05:53 PM
    My personal phone is a Z30 for a bigger screen and better processor.

Work phone is a Classic. No problems at all. Form factor versus Passport: if I only had one phone, might goto Passport. That siad, the Classic has never left me wanting after 3 months of pretty intensive use.

Imho, I wouldn't hesitate.

Chris - Posted with CB10 on my Workhorse Classic
    07-04-15 06:35 PM
    I replaced my BB several years ago with an iPhone 4s. After all this time, I've decided I really effing HATE touch screens and unless Apple comes out with an iPhone with a keyboard (fat chance), I am considering another blackberry. The one I had several years ago was rather slow, I don't remember the model but it had a round track ball. But it worked great.

Is the Classic the best and most powerful current BB phone with a keyboard? Also, how is internet browsing on these current blackberries compared to ones that are about 4 years old? Useable?

And what about the OS? I DON"T WANT Android, I'd prefer the BB OS. Is the BB OS stable and useable?

And if the classic isn't the most powerful BB phone with a physical keyboard, which one is and where can I get one for Sprint?

Thanks to all who answer...
    Get the Passport!!!!! You won't regret it!

 Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2204 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    07-05-15 03:04 AM
    I agree, the keyboard of the Passport is a killer ! Love it !

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 03:34 AM
    I don't use the Classic but I did look at it in a AT&T store. I was having Bluetooth issues with my Passport so I went to test my Legend with whatever BB phone was on display. The only one was the Classic. I must say I was impressed more than I thought I would be. Size is great for one handed use, it reminds me of my first BlackBerry the Curve. The screen was a lot nicer than expected, and speed was very fast.
    I've been thinking about it ever since, just might get it for everyday use. Don't get me wrong, I love my Passport but there is something to be said about one hand phone use.
    If you can get the Classic. I doubt you will regret it.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    07-05-15 05:57 AM
    I don't use the Classic but I did look at it in a AT&T store. I was having Bluetooth issues with my Passport so I went to test my Legend with whatever BB phone was on display. The only one was the Classic. I must say I was impressed more than I thought I would be. Size is great for one handed use, it reminds me of my first BlackBerry the Curve. The screen was a lot nicer than expected, and speed was very fast.
    I've been thinking about it ever since, just might get it for everyday use. Don't get me wrong, I love my Passport but there is something to be said about one hand phone use.
    If you can get the Classic. I doubt you will regret it.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    I'm going to go to my local ATT store and check one out. Thanks.

The more I think about it, the more I want a new BB. One of the things I liked about my old one was that I could do almost everything with one hand. I effing HATE having to use two hands to use a phone.
    07-08-15 08:08 PM
    I have a Verizon Classic and love it. Ive played with a Passport and at first thought that was the one for me. But when I heard Verizon was getting the Classic with wireless charging I was all over it. And since ive had my Classic I haven't looked back. I too enjoy having the tool belt returned. I do find myself using it more than I thought I would have. But with a good screen protector that repels greasy fingers and the trackpad, im certain you'll enjoy your BlackBerry Classic. And FYI, it'll hold up to a 128GB micro SD card.

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065
    07-09-15 04:25 AM
75 123