I just switched from a Q10 to a Classic. Due to an eyesight issue I need to have dark screens with lighter text on them (a built in ADA requirement in all OS's by the way). While I can make the wall paper dark I can't make my texting screen, settings screens and a whole bunch of others dark. I didn't actually have to do this on the Q10 and was grateful it just came that way (even the default wallpaper was just dandy).
    Am I out of luck here or have I just not found it yet?
    05-11-16 04:21 PM
    out of luck, sorry bro :/
    the setting screen on the Classic in comparison to the Q10s setting screen stays white and there's no way to turn it dark.
    wished we could have a dark hub though.

posted via my Blueberry
    Last edited by xKingHopy; 05-11-16 at 05:21 PM.
    05-11-16 04:24 PM
    For texts:
    Open the Hub and go to the settings -> click on 'text messages' -> then check the 'dark background' option.

For BBM:
    Close the hub and open the BBM application using the icon on your home screen -> long press the  menu button (or swipe down from the top of the screen) -> click 'settings' -> scroll to the section titled 'general' and check the 'dark background' option.

Actually, while you're in your BBM settings, you may as well check OFF the 'show action bar' option. Since we are more refined people, and choose to use a toolbelt instead of pawing all over our screens like cavemen.
    (haha but seriously, if you turn that 'show action bar' off, it will free up some much needed screen space in your BBM chats.)

Posted via CB10
    05-11-16 05:16 PM
    Go to Settings, Accessibility. Tap on Reverse Contrast.

Background colors on the Classic?-img_20160511_181905.png

Posted via CB10
    05-11-16 07:19 PM
    Thanks all for the suggestions - it turned out the OS had not been updated on the device (it still had that new device smell out of the box). So the options I was used to on my well worn in Q10 just weren't there. All those settings you described appeared as soon as it was updated.

However - the reverse contrast setting works as expected, except on email screens - ironically the hub itself is reversed but when you open an email - glaring white. Its funny that a reverse contrast option usually works across the board (even annoyingly on pictures - who designs these things?) but can't seem to work in an email screen. I'd call that a bug - isn't that what we have if-else loops for in code?
    05-11-16 08:07 PM
    Update: so the accessibility settings on the classic came the closest to what I need and what I'm used to on the Q10, but the wallpaper (I had to import a white jpg to get a black screen - why cant anyone figure out that all elements should be inverted EXCEPT pictures?) leaves a weird halo at top and bottom of screen that makes the small time clock at the top and the icons at the bottom truly hard to see - for anyone!. Instead inverting these text colors they use a drop shadow (shakes head).
    It also makes all the app icons weird and strange. This is the worst implementation of the accessibility feature I've ever seen.
    And yes I understand that the people who want or need a dark screen are in the minority, (trust me it's so much easier on the eyes and less obtrusive in the theatre!) the fact that we can customize the look of our interface should be taken to reasonable conclusions. Sure I'd like to customize icons but i can live without that, sure I'd like to be able to customize fonts and colors of fonts, but again oh well. But to allow a dark theme only in one area of the phone? (texts), who skipped out of the coding session early? If we want it one area, it doesn't take a genius to figure that we might like it in others. I don't know how many people I've talked to or seen in forums asking for a dark Hub. As a coder I know it's not that hard, especially if you have the hooks into it for the text area already.
    05-11-16 10:53 PM