We all know this thread was unnecessary, and OP should have not called the Q10 a toy, because it isn't for sure ; just an inappropriate word.
    He was just really happy to express his joy with the acquisition of his Classic, with this 'classic-feel' compared to the more monolithic and ascetic Q10.
    No need to start a war on this, what are you people, Protestants ?
    lift likes this.
    03-04-15 11:47 AM
    Appreciated. However my first question was 'did anyone ever go back to the q10 JUST TO HOLD'. Not to use.
    And you have valid impressions of the q
    Sorry dude my bad!

Posted via CB10
    anon(4233372) likes this.
    03-04-15 11:53 AM
    I don't understand why people take it so personally?? It's a device and it's available in the market. People can buy it, they can use it, they can throw it. I mean that's their choice. When I buy a device at such a premium and it doesn't get the work done what am I supposed to do??? Sing praises. I mean I have got my reason to call it whatever. What's the big deal??

You know I was trying to edit some text above and was desperately trying to select it by tapping on that arrow.
    Then I realised,
    wtf I have the trackpad now. I feel like God! O

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    03-04-15 12:09 PM
    I don't understand why people take it so personally?? It's a device and it's available in the market. People can buy it, they can use it, they can throw it. I mean that's their choice. When I buy a device at such a premium and it doesn't get the work done what am I supposed to do??? Sing praises. I mean I have got my reason to call it whatever. What's the big deal??

You know I was trying to edit some text above and was desperately trying to select it by tapping on that arrow.
    Then I realised,
    wtf I have the trackpad now. I feel like God! O

Posted via CB10
    Well if it's no big deal then why did the OP even start this stupid thread? Was he so bored that he had to start some conflict?
    jamesharmeling and Q10Bold like this.
    03-04-15 12:27 PM
    Well if it's no big deal then why did the OP even start this stupid thread? Was he so bored that he had to start some conflict?
    Again, he was simply sharing his thoughts/feelings/observations in a forum that encourages it. I always wonder why some people feel the need to give attention to a thread that they feel doesn't deserve attention. If somebody sees something they don't like or can't relate to, then maybe they should just scroll on.

No offense, but what you did and are doing is the definition of trolling. Not cool. Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

AND, the only "conflict" came from you.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    03-04-15 12:42 PM
    I have to say that after playing with the classic for a few hours, I am blown away, it truly is a remarkable phone with BlackBerry 10 as the OS now
    Then I had to give back to my wife so she would not beat me with a stick...lol

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 12:42 PM
    He was Just curious Z50...that's all! But I really appreciate your emotions towards your BlackBerry . Get a classic bro, it's just a better BlackBerry hands down. Trust me it's worth every buck of yours.

And we all love the Q. It's a great phone. It's there in our hearts. But Classic is what we've got in our hands. And we love it, and so will you! cheers!!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 12:43 PM
    I saw this thread and had to check it out to see who would go back to the Q10 from a Classic and oooops! How do you think I felt picking up my old Q10 after holding the Passport!
    03-04-15 01:19 PM
    I see the mods hovering over the "Close Thread" button...

One is offended by the fact that the phone was called a toy... and they are right to do so, as that's their opinion!

One said that it is a toy due to its feel compared to a Classic... and they are right to do so, as that's their opinion!

Come on peeps, we are entitled to our opinion. Let's just agree to disagree or whichever.. but the bickering is NOT worth it..

And that is my opinion!

Posted via CB10 (ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.1.2267)
    Mic_JP likes this.
    03-04-15 01:26 PM
    Ive got a Q10, Z30 and a Classic. My Q10 is my daily driver, Z30 is my tablet and the Classic...is on sale!! No thanks! I need a removable battery. I love the Glasswave (Q10 and Z30), HDMI and USB Port, easy SD Card replacement, high quality materials...etc!
    The Classic size is too big and bulky! I dont need a trackpad on BB10! I love the trackpad BUT on BBOS7! I dont like the LCD screen, I dont like the slimport, I dont like the back of the Classic, the battery size, the light bleed, the fake steel bezel(the same was on the white Q10), its too hard to remove the SD Card...
    My thoughts about aesthetic: The Classic looks like an old 2011 phone! The Q10 looks more like a modern QWERTY phone!

But I can understand OP! For him the Q10 looks like a toy now! But when I see a Classic I see a bulky cheap and old looking phone.
    Sorry
    anon(9155131) and lift like this.
    03-04-15 01:48 PM
    If you say passport is better than the classic, I would say yes it is! Not because I have the passport because that's the truth. The Classic is any day better than the Q10 and that's why you don't find the Q10 anymore. And Classic is coming in more and more colour options. That's because it's selling well.
    The passport is the ultimate BlackBerry. It exudes confidence, brilliance and innovation. It takes guts to release a device like that and I'm proud of BlackBerry for that commendable decision. I didn't buy it cos the classic suits me more. The size, old-school keyboard and form factor. Simple. That doesn't make the classic a better device. Does it ?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 01:56 PM
    Ive got a Q10, Z30 and a Classic. My Q10 is my daily driver, Z30 is my tablet and the Classic...is on sale!! No thanks! I need a removable battery. I love the Glasswave (Q10 and Z30), HDMI and USB Port, easy SD Card replacement, high quality materials...etc!
    The Classic size is too big and bulky! I dont need a trackpad on BB10! I love the trackpad BUT on BBOS7! I dont like the LCD screen, I dont like the slimport, I dont like the back of the Classic, the battery size, the light bleed, the fake steel bezel(the same was on the white Q10), its too hard to remove the SD Card...
    My thoughts about aesthetic: The Classic looks like an old 2011 phone! The Q10 looks more like a modern QWERTY phone!

But I can understand OP! For him the Q10 looks like a toy now! But when I see a Classic I see a bulky cheap and old looking phone.
    Sorry
    Q10 Bold...LOL!!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 01:59 PM
    Classic any day better than Q10 ? They are the same phones, each with specifications for different needs. The Passport is better, the Classic is an alternative.
    lift and Q10Bold like this.
    03-04-15 02:07 PM
    There was once a time when the battle was iPhone vs BlackBerry.

To think, BlackBerry has managed to somewhat divide it's followers into Classic vs Q10.

Q10Bold and Mic_JP like this.
    03-04-15 03:59 PM
    There was once a time when the battle was iPhone vs BlackBerry.

To think, BlackBerry has managed to somewhat divide it's followers into Classic vs Q10.

You are 100% right
    I like the Classic....but its not for me - for each their own!
    The Q10 is right for me, if the Classic or Z30, Passport etc. is better for someone elses needs(to make money,have fun...) -ok! As long as its a BlackBerry hehehe!

Posted via CB10
    moyah8 and lift like this.
    03-04-15 04:06 PM
    Hey there, I am just wondering.. you made the jump from the Q10 to the Classic on VZ? I am sort of hesitant on using my upgrade which is coming up next month.
    What are your thoughts on it? pros and cons...?
    I upgraded on Verizon to the Classic. Pros for the classic, larger screen, toolbelt, LCD screen which for me is much brighter, more premium keyboard than the Q10, heavier but more premium feel. The Q has the smaller size going for it if that's what your looking for and is much lighter. I do in some ways prefer the back of the Q to the Classic but the rubber on the Classic does give it nice grip.

Posted via CB10 and my BlackBerry Classic
    03-04-15 05:10 PM
    I would like to know whether text prediction is available on the Classic or does the toolbelt preclude that possibility?
    03-04-15 06:23 PM
    .....Now don't get offended because I mentioned size.
    Size....lol...!!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 06:47 PM
    It's all a matter of perspective. Going to the Classic for me would be like going back to a brick. :P
    03-04-15 07:03 PM
    I would like to know whether text prediction is available on the Classic or does the toolbelt preclude that possibility?
    Yes it is.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 08:11 PM
    I went from classic to q10.

Classic is too heavy. Big. Lower pixcel density. Tool belt is a crutch and not necessary at all on bb10.

I much prefer the all black anodized steel body. The matte silver looks cheap. Back looks and feels cheap.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 08:56 PM
    Hey there, I am just wondering.. you made the jump from the Q10 to the Classic on VZ? I am sort of hesitant on using my upgrade which is coming up next month.
    What are your thoughts on it? pros and cons...?
    On verizon I'd just buy the Classic outright and skip the contract. The subsidy on the phone isn't big enough to justify the contract IMO.

Plus, depending on your plan you can get the out-of-contract discount.

Posted via CB10 on my Big Red Classic!
    03-04-15 09:40 PM
    I upgraded on Verizon to the Classic. Pros for the classic, larger screen, toolbelt, LCD screen which for me is much brighter, more premium keyboard than the Q10, heavier but more premium feel. The Q has the smaller size going for it if that's what your looking for and is much lighter. I do in some ways prefer the back of the Q to the Classic but the rubber on the Classic does give it nice grip.

Posted via CB10 and my BlackBerry Classic
    Was it a no brainer? How quick did you pull the trigger?
    I know the LCD screen compared to the Q10's AMOLED is much brighter. (I'm just imagining the Z10's screen brightness on the classic). I think the longer screen will be a plus for me, along with the tool belt. One other question tho, is it easy to hold with just one hand? I had a Z30 for a week and sold it because it was kind of difficult to operate with one hand. I own a white Q10 so the backing on this one is not as grippy as the glass weave finish on the black Q10. So that'll be a good addition to have.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 11:16 PM
    On verizon I'd just buy the Classic outright and skip the contract. The subsidy on the phone isn't big enough to justify the contract IMO.

Plus, depending on your plan you can get the out-of-contract discount.

Posted via CB10 on my Big Red Classic!
    Hmm, I was considering buying the phone out right, but I think I am thinking the opposite as in buying a phone out right is not worth it versus having a contract? And for the classic specifically is a 300 dollar difference.
    A out of contract discount? Do explain more on that...

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 11:20 PM
    Misleading title. After reading the title one would assume you have switched back to the Q10 from another device (Classic). So what is the point of the thread? To call the Q10 a toy? Why does it feel like a toy to you? I don't get it.
    Exactly baseless title full of opiates

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 PIN:2BFE4937 T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    lift likes this.
    03-05-15 02:54 AM
79 1234