I used to be a pkb user (torch) but have had a Z10 since day one. My wife had a Q10 and now a Classic. I've tried typing on her phone and find it a bit frustrating as I am no longer used to pkb. My question is about auto correct. Is it totally different on the pkb phones versus the BlackBerry vkb phones. My Z just makes the changes but my wife's Classic will alert me to problems but not make the changes. Adding ' to hell when it should be he'll is an example where my Z beats the Classic. I'm thinking of getting a Priv but I'm worried I won't end up using the pkb. I'll just use the vkb I guess but hoping the android vkb is as good as BB10. Maybe there is a setting on my wife's Classic that we haven't turned on. Looking for help or thoughts. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 10:10 AM
    Hi!
    Don't know how it is with settings but my auto correct does it right away, both in swedish and in english.

Only thing that doesn't work as i want is the letter " i " that always become " I " it makes it to a capital letter.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 11:03 AM
    I turn all of that crap off. I would spend more time correcting the autocorrect fails than it would save me fixing my very rare typos...

But I have heard it doesn't work the same way, it's like autocorrect-lite...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-06-15 01:38 PM
    Have you gone into the settings for auto correct? There are adjustments for that.
    11-06-15 04:49 PM
    I used to be a pkb user (torch) but have had a Z10 since day one. My wife had a Q10 and now a Classic. I've tried typing on her phone and find it a bit frustrating as I am no longer used to pkb. My question is about auto correct. Is it totally different on the pkb phones versus the BlackBerry vkb phones. My Z just makes the changes but my wife's Classic will alert me to problems but not make the changes. Adding ' to hell when it should be he'll is an example where my Z beats the Classic. I'm thinking of getting a Priv but I'm worried I won't end up using the pkb. I'll just use the vkb I guess but hoping the android vkb is as good as BB10. Maybe there is a setting on my wife's Classic that we haven't turned on. Looking for help or thoughts. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    I know exactly what you mean. For some reason though, this seems to be unique to the Classic. I have tried deliberately mistyping the same word in the same manner on both the Classic and the Passport, and the Passport is always more likely to autocorrect it. The Classic is more likely to simply underline the word as a typo but not correct it. Why the Classic does this, I don't know.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 11:08 PM