Ok so I was waiting a lot of switch to BB10 platform. The trackpad was my thing which I really wanted to not leave the feel of my 9220. So the baby arrived today. I was like a child opening a christmas present. I did my transfer from Blackberry Link which transferred basically the contacts but nothing else so was a bit strange as I was expecting the pictures etc to be transfered as well. Then I was amazed how both my 9220 shows up when connected on USB and the Classic shows up on my computer as a remote drive wirelessly! Copy paste and all data transferred.

My gripes: Did not transfer the BBM chats I already have as well as Watsapp Chatts but that is ok for me. Dont know if some people might not like it.

Setup all my email accounts so fast. I am so happy my private company mail server is syncing immediately with emails which was one of my small worries as the 9220 was push with IMAP (Axigen Mail Server). So this brought a big smile of satisfaction on me.

Installed Watsapp, tried BBM with a friend, chatted a lot and replied to some emails. I admit that the keyboard is AMAZING. Really is so AMAZING I think it will catch fire by how fast I can type of it. I tried the Q10 keyboard on a store and was not so much keen in it but trying the Classic!!!!!!!! WOW! Simply WOW! Well done Blackberry cudos.

I want my phone for my work and communication. Dont care for games etc so anyone who does not like BB can go and pick whatever they want. I want it for what it does good and it does it actually excellent. I can see all my email folders on my server, something which my 9220 could not do and also how fast it responds to what I want to do for communication and business is so stupidly fast! I saw a lot of videos of people complaining about video ratio, game loading etc. If you want something to play games the Classic is not for you. The Classic is for people who want to do business. For Games buy an all touch phone like the Leap or Z series. Dont bother getting a Classic and then complain about games. I had a very clear picture of what I want my phone to do and that is to help me communicate to people and assist them instantly without too much hustling. The Classic does that above and beyond. My gf has an iPhone and she loves it and good for her. I would really like to see people appreciating what they have and for what it does and stop comparing their phones to ... but x company does that and x company does this etc etc. Get a phone to do what you want it to do. If you want to play around with games etc... the Classic is not for you. Better get an Android or iPhone.

Furthermore...... THANKS BLACKBERRY!! (and Crackberry of course!!)

Now I am off to find out all I have to with the new Classic. I hope it will serve me 3 years as my trusty 9220 did.

Demetris
    04-02-15 04:38 AM
    Glad you are happy with the classic. Just dont slam Z30 owners by saying if you want to play games go get a Z series phone. I do business on my Z30 thank you very much and I don't need no stinkin keyboard.
    lmao
    04-02-15 05:37 AM
    No offense meant. I only meant that a full touch phone is more relative to games than this phone. Of course the Z30 is a loaded workhorse!
    04-02-15 06:14 AM
    Ok so I was waiting a lot of switch to BB10 platform. The trackpad was my thing which I really wanted to not leave the feel of my 9220. So the baby arrived today. I was like a child opening a christmas present. I did my transfer from Blackberry Link which transferred basically the contacts but nothing else so was a bit strange as I was expecting the pictures etc to be transfered as well. Then I was amazed how both my 9220 shows up when connected on USB and the Classic shows up on my computer as a remote drive wirelessly! Copy paste and all data transferred.

My gripes: Did not transfer the BBM chats I already have as well as Watsapp Chatts but that is ok for me. Dont know if some people might not like it.

Setup all my email accounts so fast. I am so happy my private company mail server is syncing immediately with emails which was one of my small worries as the 9220 was push with IMAP (Axigen Mail Server). So this brought a big smile of satisfaction on me.

Installed Watsapp, tried BBM with a friend, chatted a lot and replied to some emails. I admit that the keyboard is AMAZING. Really is so AMAZING I think it will catch fire by how fast I can type of it. I tried the Q10 keyboard on a store and was not so much keen in it but trying the Classic!!!!!!!! WOW! Simply WOW! Well done Blackberry cudos.

I want my phone for my work and communication. Dont care for games etc so anyone who does not like BB can go and pick whatever they want. I want it for what it does good and it does it actually excellent. I can see all my email folders on my server, something which my 9220 could not do and also how fast it responds to what I want to do for communication and business is so stupidly fast! I saw a lot of videos of people complaining about video ratio, game loading etc. If you want something to play games the Classic is not for you. The Classic is for people who want to do business. For Games buy an all touch phone like the Leap or Z series. Dont bother getting a Classic and then complain about games. I had a very clear picture of what I want my phone to do and that is to help me communicate to people and assist them instantly without too much hustling. The Classic does that above and beyond. My gf has an iPhone and she loves it and good for her. I would really like to see people appreciating what they have and for what it does and stop comparing their phones to ... but x company does that and x company does this etc etc. Get a phone to do what you want it to do. If you want to play around with games etc... the Classic is not for you. Better get an Android or iPhone.

Furthermore...... THANKS BLACKBERRY!! (and Crackberry of course!!)

Now I am off to find out all I have to with the new Classic. I hope it will serve me 3 years as my trusty 9220 did.

Demetris
    Enjoy your new Classic! Have had mine for about two weeks coming from the Q10 before that and love it. I've had a BlackBerry since the side pager was introduced and couldn't wait to get my hands on the Classic as soon as Verizon started carrying it. Have fun

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 07:24 AM
    Welcome to the BlackBerry Classic Family.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 06:31 PM
    Thanks for sharing your experience! You will love the Classic it's a great upgrade and a super nice phone.

PS jaydee5799 is right, the Z30 is a beast as well
    04-03-15 11:57 PM
    I always had the very humble Curve BlackBerry phones so is a major upgrade for me. But loving it all the way! Just if I could get Viber to work on it without sideloading would be the cherry on the cake. I still can't believe how different the keyboard feels from the Q10. I tried the Q10 in stores many times but never really liked the keys. I think the bit wider spacing and size of the keys make the typing experience better on the Classic. I don't care for the specs if its dual or single or octocore. I care that it does the job I want it to. Emails. BBM. Communication!! I even put a bet with a friend today to see who can type faster the same email. Me using BlackBerry and he using Android. Guess who won with less than half the time!!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 07:06 AM