hi all from downunder.

picked up a blackberry classic, pretty excited. any other crackberry classic owners from au?

Anyone pick up a blackberry classic from Australia?-photo-2015-01-31-14.24.jpg
    01-30-15 10:10 PM
    Nice, hope you enjoy it. I don't have the Classic, got the Passport and I think it is awesome. Still getting used to the keyboard though.

Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast!
    01-30-15 11:53 PM
    cheers for that. yes indeed the passport is a big *******!

the classic reminds me of my beloved 9700. which was traded in on a Q10. i did consider the 9900 back in 2011, but went the way of the iDevice. i picked up the Q10 on just over a year ago and its great to be back on blackberry with a trackpad.

Nice, hope you enjoy it. I don't have the Classic, got the Passport and I think it is awesome. Still getting used to the keyboard though.

01-31-15 12:30 AM
    Got mine on Thursday. First blackberry device for me and loving it so far. I knew soon after jumping on the full touch screen train that they weren't for me but there haven't been any good alternatives until now.

I've played with my gf's 9300 in the past and found the track pad unresponsive but that's not the case at all with the Classic. Really enjoying being able to navigate the phone with it.

I gotta say it wasn't easy finding a Classic. Tried 3 Telstra stores to get it. I noticed asking for a blackberry really does throw some sales people off. It's as if you're a freak for wanting to using a phone for its primary purpose.

Posted via CB10
    Harrison Hoolahan likes this.
    01-31-15 03:20 AM
    I imported mine at the beginning of the month.
    Got hooked to it till I found out Telstra is launching it and sold mine in order to get one with local warranty backing. However I am giving Passport another go. Right now I'm loving it. I might get Classic if I don't get used to Passport fully.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport
    01-31-15 07:06 AM
    Got mine a few days ago from Telstra love it.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4067838) likes this.
    01-31-15 10:13 AM
    Been calling local stores around Sydney and I got the same reaction, it's like I was asking them to give me a million dollars or something. Anyway, it is indeed hard to find one to buy. All of the stores I've contacted either don't answer their phones, don't sell it or are sold out (apparently each store only receive two phones to sell. Seriously?!?) I put in an order and hopefully mine comes this week.
    01-31-15 05:36 PM
    I got mine from top ryde telstra on Thursday, replacing my q10. Last one on the day, so far it's good. They have a display model there which was dead

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 12:09 AM
    Wow, good to see a few Aussies here and a good lot are in Sydney!

02-03-15 01:02 AM
    One of my friends checked out my classic and she said 'oh it has a touch screen as well'. Haha she was one a legacy user. Good marketing by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 04:37 AM
    Got mine in December in Singapore. Currently in Adelaide. Love it!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-03-15 09:21 AM
    Another Sydneysider here, but I'm waiting to get the AT&T Classic.
    02-03-15 05:28 PM
    Nice, congrats!

You'll love it,

Just unlocked a Rogers classic for a customer that was taking it to Australia
    02-03-15 06:39 PM
    Picked up mine the week before last when I was in the States...
    02-03-15 10:11 PM
    Hi, I'm in Melbourne, bought my Classic from the Smartphone Store online, from Sydney. Have not looked back. I look at all the articles in this forum concerning issues individuals have but I haven't had any (touch wood). Like some others in Australia I did have troubles finding a Carrier that stocked the Classic, or any Blackberry for that matter, but I cannot recommend Blackberry Smartphone highly enough.
    02-03-15 10:56 PM
    I'll be getting mine of ebay, to hard to get otherwise!
    02-04-15 12:06 AM
    How are people no able to get them every Telstra Store has them.....

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 07:08 AM
    Any of you guys buying from overseas make sure you guys get the Asian or European version. It's best suited for the Australian frequencies.

I had no issues with the one I got off eBay from a Hong Kong seller. Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport
    02-04-15 01:43 PM
    Been calling local stores around Sydney and I got the same reaction, it's like I was asking them to give me a million dollars or something. Anyway, it is indeed hard to find one to buy. All of the stores I've contacted either don't answer their phones, don't sell it or are sold out (apparently each store only receive two phones to sell. Seriously?!?) I put in an order and hopefully mine comes this week.
    I have one and i'll be in syd sunday if you wanna just see what it looks like lol

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 11:35 AM