So, after reading the review of the Passport, I'm a little worried. They said the keys are not clicky, but "soft" aka mushy, which a lot of keyboard phones have, but I HATE those keyboards. I love my BB's because they have clicky keys. Anyone tried the Classic keyboard that were lucky enough to see one?
    Mr4aces and Qaddafi like this.
    06-29-14 08:21 PM
    I'm still puzzled as to how they could implement the (capacitive/optical?) tactile tracking with rubbery keys. If anything I'd expect them to be closer to miniature laptop trackpad surfaces...

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 08:34 PM
    I think the reason for the soft keys on the Passport is because of the keys being capacitive/optical, which the classic will not have as far as reports go.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-29-14 09:44 PM
    The Classic appears to employ the same keyboard as the Q10. If you like that one I wouldn't worry.
    Giro_UK likes this.
    06-29-14 09:47 PM
    The Classic appears to employ the same keyboard as the Q10. If you like that one I wouldn't worry.
    I hope so. I love the way the Q10 types. I just hope Kevin is right that the double type issue is fixed (I never had the issue but I know many others who have) and that the fix wasn't making them mushy and soft like the Passport...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    06-29-14 09:55 PM
    I had the double-type issue on my Q10, and had it fixed under warranty (in fact, that's how I wound up with my Z30; I needed a replacement while my Q was away and I had a line that was eligible for an upgrade at the time).

Was fine after the fix, and I really hope it's dealt with now. And I agree, the feel on the Q10 is excellent. Even better than the 9900, and that's saying something.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    06-29-14 09:58 PM
    I sent my Q twice to fix the double type issue.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2228
    06-29-14 11:00 PM
    I had the double-type issue on my Q10, and had it fixed under warranty (in fact, that's how I wound up with my Z30; I needed a replacement while my Q was away and I had a line that was eligible for an upgrade at the time).

Was fine after the fix, and I really hope it's dealt with now. And I agree, the feel on the Q10 is excellent. Even better than the 9900, and that's saying something.
    OK guys I bought a Z10 for my 11yrold grandson. Trying it out now never had a Z10 or Q10. But you say the Q10 is faster than the 9900?

Been on this Z10 one hour now and hate this keyboard.
    06-30-14 03:57 PM
    OK guys I bought a Z10 for my 11yrold grandson. Trying it out now never had a Z10 or Q10. But you say the Q10 is faster than the 9900?

Been on this Z10 one hour now and hate this keyboard.
    It depends on what you're used to. I went from a 9900 to a Z10 and while it took some getting used to, the Z10 keyboard is brilliant, frankly. Get past the learning curve, it's worth it. I know you've gotten it for your grandson, but if you can hold on to it for a week you'll start to realize how powerful it is.

Both the Z10 and Q10 are MUCH more powerful than the 9900.
    JJStripes likes this.
    06-30-14 04:12 PM
    So, I thought I remember reading some people saying they've held the Classic. Maybe this bump will have one of them notice this thread? I want to hear first-hand accounts. :-)
    06-30-14 10:47 PM
    i have always felt the q10 lacks something and I'm hoping the classic will get back to that. The Classic for me is the phone I thought I was getting when I got the Q10. What i got instead broke within 3 months, and honestly never seems to type as accurately as any other phone - i find more mistypes occur on its keyboard than any other. When using my 9900 it doesn't happen at all, so i know its the kb and not just me.

I will be watching the reports of the classic and the passport, and making a decision after real world opinions come out after launch day before I purchase again. If i could go back in time, I'd never have bought the q10 for sure.

AthenaSmith and DeliFresser like this.
    07-01-14 09:05 AM
    I hope so. I love the way the Q10 types. I just hope Kevin is right that the double type issue is fixed (I never had the issue but I know many others who have) and that the fix wasn't making them mushy and soft like the Passport...

It's impossible to know since if it is like the Q10, it's an issue that occurs over time and the Classic has clearly not been around long enough to go through months of typing on to see if it withstands the test of time.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    07-02-14 03:43 AM
    It's impossible to know since if it is like the Q10, it's an issue that occurs over time and the Classic has clearly not been around long enough to go through months of typing on to see if it withstands the test of time.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    I think you misread the comment. According to Kevin, they did change something in the keyboard design that they claim should prevent the issue from happening. I'm saying I wish that change to the design is not making it soft and mushy (like maybe they moved away from the metal domes to rubber ones or whatever...)

07-02-14 10:44 AM
    It depends on what you're used to. I went from a 9900 to a Z10 and while it took some getting used to, the Z10 keyboard is brilliant, frankly. Get past the learning curve, it's worth it. I know you've gotten it for your grandson, but if you can hold on to it for a week you'll start to realize how powerful it is.

Thank you maybe I will do that. I like everything except the keyboard. Yes the BB10 is powerful, but if you can't type fast it is all for not.
    07-02-14 11:02 AM
    i have always felt the q10 lacks something and I'm hoping the classic will get back to that. The Classic for me is the phone I thought I was getting when I got the Q10. What i got instead broke within 3 months, and honestly never seems to type as accurately as any other phone - i find more mistypes occur on its keyboard than any other. When using my 9900 it doesn't happen at all, so i know its the kb and not just me.

I will be watching the reports of the classic and the passport, and making a decision after real world opinions come out after launch day before I purchase again. If i could go back in time, I'd never have bought the q10 for sure.
    I came from an iPhone to the 9900 3 years ago at the time I had over 200 emails a day. The 9900 reduce my time on the phone by 60-70%, but it took me 2 months to get use to all the features.

I was ready to buy the Q10 but found out it did not have a track belt, so I held off. From what I have read this 9900 is still the fastest typing phone. I will continue to use it if the Q20 does have the specs I want.
    07-02-14 11:13 AM

I was ready to buy the Q10 but found out it did not have a track belt, so I held off. From what I have read this 9900 is still the fastest typing phone. I will continue to use it if the Q20 does have the specs I want.
    The typing speed between the Q10 and the 9900 negligible, let's not make it out to be more than it is.

Posted via CB10
    UrbanGlowCam and Jake Storm like this.
    07-02-14 12:20 PM
    ...I was ready to buy the Q10 but found out it did not have a track belt, so I held off. From what I have read this 9900 is still the fastest typing phone. I will continue to use it if the Q20 does have the specs I want.
    I can understand not getting a Q10 if your 9900 was fairly new and you were happy with it, but...
    The old BBOS is losing developer support and BB10.3 promises a lot of improvements, and the hardware/specs of the Classic is bound to be better than the Q10 (if not as good as the Passport).
    Classic keyboard and tool belt + BB10. It would be hard to justify keeping the 9900 when the Classic comes out in November.
    07-02-14 01:54 PM
    I can understand not getting a Q10 if your 9900 was fairly new and you were happy with it, but...
    The old BBOS is losing developer support and BB10.3 promises a lot of improvements, and the hardware/specs of the Classic is bound to be better than the Q10 (if not as good as the Passport).
    Classic keyboard and tool belt + BB10. It would be hard to justify keeping the 9900 when the Classic comes out in November.
    I will most likely buy one just because the OS on the 9900 is no longer supported.
    07-02-14 03:29 PM

Yeah I was the same, was adamant I wanted a Q10,but as it cane a whole after I went 9900 to Z10...was not great to start with but now I'd be scared to go back to Qwerty...
    The Classic is tempting as the screen is bigger than the Q10, you have the lovely keyboard and the BB10 interface...plus a Trackpad.
    But yeah keep going, in the end you will enjoy the typing experience...

Posted via Z10, UK based (Good luck Bla1ze as EiC!)
    07-03-14 01:32 AM
    The typing speed between the Q10 and the 9900 negligible, let's not make it out to be more than it is.

Posted via CB10
    I respectfully disagree with your assessment that the typing speed between the Q10 and 9900 is negligible. I PERSONALLY found that I typed faster, and more accurately, on the "smiley face" keyboard of the 9900. I sure was hoping that the Classic would utilize the form factor of the 9900 keyboard.
    offyoutoddle likes this.
    07-14-14 05:24 PM
    I saw in one of the Q10 videos here at Crackberry while it was just about to be launched that more people prefer the straight keyboard than the smiley one so I think the company based that decision on a group discussion with consumers. It was Michael Clewley that mentioned it I think.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 09:37 PM
    I saw in one of the Q10 videos here at Crackberry while it was just about to be launched that more people prefer the straight keyboard than the smiley one so I think the company based that decision on a group discussion with consumers. It was Michael Clewley that mentioned it I think.

Posted via CB10
    Well, they didn't ask me. I will admit that on the Z10 and Z30 touch screens, the straight keyboard rocks! But the 9900 physical keyboard was SO comfortable to type on, and I was more accurate...don't know why. We all have our preferences.
    Mr4aces and goUSAFblue like this.
    07-15-14 06:08 PM
    Well, they didn't ask me. I will admit that on the Z10 and Z30 touch screens, the straight keyboard rocks! But the 9900 physical keyboard was SO comfortable to type on, and I was more accurate...don't know why. We all have our preferences.
    There are too many of us that feel the ergonic keyboard is the ultimatum and fastest. When JC displayed the Passport and Classic last month the Classic had a straight keyboard like the Q10 and when BB announced a Foxconn version it look like the same device. Coincidence? Let's hope BlackBerry did listen to our wants and redesigned the Classic with all the things we love. If not there will be a lot of disappointed 9900 users.

I'm not holding my breath.
    Frehley likes this.
    07-15-14 11:30 PM