So it's been more than 5 months since the "end of api" for facebook, and even though we were told that the app itself alongside with the Hub integration, will not work no more, mine does.
    I for one am not a huge fan of Facebook latest updates, so I am not an "addict" for new features. I am perfectly happy with the current version.

What do you think? Does this happen to you too? How long I will be able to keep the app working?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-16 07:05 AM
    What's FB for?
    Apart from time wasting!

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    09-28-16 08:43 AM
    I still have the Facebook app on my passport
    09-28-16 05:55 PM
    So it's been more than 5 months since the "end of api" for facebook, and even though we were told that the app itself alongside with the Hub integration, will not work no more, mine does.
    I for one am not a huge fan of Facebook latest updates, so I am not an "addict" for new features. I am perfectly happy with the current version.

What do you think? Does this happen to you too? How long I will be able to keep the app working?

Posted via CB10
    I think more people should think the way you do and not just update for update sake. If the "new" version does not do things you need it to do and your older version is doing ALL you need it to do, then leave it alone. IMHO.
    09-28-16 06:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    I am still using old FB app and it works in the Hub for me as well.

Posted with my  Classic
    09-29-16 12:31 AM
    I switch to facebook in the browser months ago and its honestly way better IMO.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Classic
    09-29-16 05:26 AM
    It's still working good for me! I do wish it had some of the new features but I'm not realy complaining!

I really hope whatsapp continues to work too!

Posted via CB10
    09-29-16 10:19 AM
    It ain't gonna work. It's too obvious...

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 07:36 AM
    I just put the bar file on both my Passport and Classic and I'm completely satisfied with the set up. The functionality that it currently has is pretty much all I need it for.

I have the mobile browser already set up for when I get the stupid "this post could not be loaded" screen. Takes an extra two seconds. Nothing major.

If and when the app officially goes kaput, I'll use the browser and turn on email notifications. You'll lose contact integration, but if you have the browser saved, it will work just like a notification in the hub. Click on the notification and the link opens up the browser.

 Classically Posted ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    09-30-16 10:42 AM
    Still have the app running on my Classic. I start to get more and more post which are not displayed correctly...well. Still like to get birthday notifications and such in da hub.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 04:38 PM