As a long-time user of the Bold 9700, I am seriously considering the Classic. However, there are so many conveniences thanks to QuickLaunch, I wonder if there are BB10 apps that will allow me to store often-used phrases, and immediately launch them into text threads? It's called auto-fill on QL, and it makes texting a breeze. Of course, the ability to - with at most - two keypresses - launch any app or program is also very time-saving. If the Classic has the ability to do these things - I'm sold!
    11-12-14 06:53 PM
    I never understood the need for that app.

AutoFill? AutoText - isul<spacebar> = I see you later. I personally have a 5 lines long signature pop out just by aa<spacebar>.
    Keyboard shortcuts? Natively supported. The Classic can assign apps and phone numbers to the keypad. This is coming with 10.3.1.

Seriously guys. What am I missing here?
    sam_tek likes this.
    11-12-14 07:02 PM
    I never understood the need for that app.

AutoFill? AutoText - isul<spacebar> = I see you later. I personally have a 5 lines long signature pop out just by aa<spacebar>.
    Keyboard shortcuts? Natively supported. The Classic can assign apps and phone numbers to the keypad. This is coming with 10.3.1.

Seriously guys. What am I missing here?
    Well, for the vast majority of bb10 users, the shortcuts aren't available yet. The shortcuts on BlackBerry OS7 were not customizable, so quicklaunch was always one of the first apps I installed. One touch quick compose to a specific person via specific message type was awesome. Weather in a click, tons of other stuff. I loved it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Q10
    11-12-14 08:30 PM
    I was hoping blackberry would add something similar to quick launch, but it's shortcut implementation is not the same as the old bbos. Shortcuts need to be long press to work.
    11-12-14 08:39 PM
    I was hoping blackberry would add something similar to quick launch, but it's shortcut implementation is not the same as the old bbos. Shortcuts need to be long press to work.
    Adding a few milliseconds to the shortcuts make it worthwhile with type-and-go and universal search all working together...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-12-14 10:21 PM
    Adding a few milliseconds to the shortcuts make it worthwhile with type-and-go and universal search all working together...

With the old bbos you can quick bring up the universal search by pressing S and start typing. That worked great. They don't have that option on 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    flyingsolid likes this.
    11-14-14 09:15 AM
    With the old bbos you can quick bring up the universal search by pressing S and start typing. That worked great. They don't have that option on 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    Yes they do, it's called just start typing. And you also have type and go instant actions in BB10, and the shortcuts are still there, you just long press a button a few milliseconds more rather than just pressing it. And now you can customize what launches with what... They don't have those options on BBOS

11-14-14 09:40 AM
    Yes they do, it's called just start typing. And you also have type and go instant actions in BB10, and the shortcuts are still there, you just long press a button a few milliseconds more rather than just pressing it. And now you can customize what launches with what... They don't have those options on BBOS

And what OS does that function on because I haven't been able to get it to work. Only option is to speed dial which is useless for me. I'd rather have apps load like the old quicklaunch
    11-14-14 09:58 AM
    And what OS does that function on because I haven't been able to get it to work. Only option is to speed dial which is useless for me. I'd rather have apps load like the old quicklaunch
    10.3.1, thought that was already mentioned...

11-14-14 01:07 PM
    What was more convenient was single press for application, long press for speed dial, and spacebar for ShortcutMe filled with macros. Customizing the shortcuts is nice but not exactly equivalent. It would be nice if they adjusted the next OS to operate this way.
    11-14-14 09:05 PM
    What was more convenient was single press for application, long press for speed dial, and spacebar for ShortcutMe filled with macros. Customizing the shortcuts is nice but not exactly equivalent. It would be nice if they adjusted the next OS to operate this way.
    No, it wouldn't. That would mean all type and go and instant actions will be out the window. And I use universal search all of the time. 90% of the apps I use I don't bother launching since I can launch them after typing the search term and then selecting the app so it'll launch already searching for what I'm looking for. So for me it'll be adding a step to make something I would use 20% of the time easier at the cost of what I'll use 80% of the time... With the extended search capability of a lot of useful apps, I don't even understand why you would waste your time launching the app first. Seriously, why press a button to launch your browser, THEN type a search term to find something? I simply type the search term and press enter and the browser launches while searching already... Same with so many other things, amazon, imdb, youtube...

11-14-14 09:28 PM
    SHORTCUTME is EXACTLY what you and I are both looking for... I'm going to start a separate thread with the request... the developer is all over this sites

It's like QuickLaunch on steroids and has NFC capability for macros... I can't live without being able to autoswitch my device into bedside profile...

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 10:55 PM
    YES!! This is the way the Classic should work.

As it currently is, the Classic is currently not as efficient as my BBOS device.
    12-23-14 06:57 AM
    YES!! This is the way the Classic should work.

As it currently is, the Classic is currently not as efficient as my BBOS device.
    Maybe for you guys, I much prefer the universal search, and now also type-n-go and instant actions to the one button app launching. In addition to accidentally launching apps, there's also the fact that I rarely just launch apps anymore, I find it 10 times faster to just do a universal search for what I'm launching an app for then using the extended search result to both launch the app and go to the result I need. Like for example, instead of launching the browser, then entering a url or search. I simply start typing the search or url while on the homescreen, then just press enter and I'm in the browser...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-23-14 09:25 AM