Hey all Pocketnow has there review up on Classic. One thing that gets pointed out in the video is that Classic is slow, any truth to that? I guess we can fault BlackBerry for not putting a better cpu in there.

BlackBerry Classic Review: The Very Best of Yesterday

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 12:42 PM
    One thing that gets pointed out in the video is that Classic is slow, any truth to that?
    Compared to other BlackBerry 10 devices and phones on the market, yes. Compared to the Bolds, Curves etc that people are expected to be coming from, they'll likely never notice lol. That's honestly the review I'm waiting for... a GOOD review from someone going from BBOS into a BB10 Classic.
    arifbsantoso likes this.
    01-22-15 12:50 PM
    Slow for what though? For games? If the classic has a faster CPU then they will focus on complaining that the screen is too small and apps don't fit probably. Everyone has their own opinion, if the device suits you and you feel comfortable using it then who cares.
    andy957 likes this.
    01-22-15 01:21 PM
    Classic slow, sort of. I feel it in 4 areas.

3 largest, consistent areas of lag that I encounter are moving a bunch of emails to trash all at once, opening android apps, and lesser so, the calendar populating with events. I'm talking like 3-8 seconds of lag.

4th slowness I loath are the animations when minimizing, opening apps or redirect to other apps. Others have stated they are there to mask the loading time; could be, how do you tell for sure? Either way, nothing you can do about it.
    eji930 likes this.
    01-22-15 01:29 PM
    My Classic is faster than my Q10. Then again maybe that's because I had a leak on my Q10? Wondering if there are different batches of Classics cause some are saying slow, while someone like me has a different experience. I read up on the reviews on Amazon, and paid more attention to those moving from the Q10 before making my purchase.

Posted via Classic
    01-22-15 04:51 PM
    I felt it was a good review....

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 09:40 PM
    I was watching that review beside my sleeping kid so I had the sound turned down quite a bit, so I may have misheard this guy a lot. It seemed to me that he was awfully cheeky and sarcastic, and was only doing the review to belittle BlackBerry users.

Like he'd say something like, "yeah, this is a good point for BlackBerry, but only if you care about that" or something, as though BlackBerry is so out of touch that it cannot keep up with the demand of the market. While some say that's true, I really don't think a reviewer has the place to say that. Granted, that's just my opinion as well.

Again, the sound was turned down low so I couldn't hear everything super clearly, but from what I (think i) did catch was more annoying than informative.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 02:53 AM
    Only Passport and Z30 are faster than the Classic
    The Classic in my opinion is so close to Z30

Posted via CB10
    arifbsantoso and law_ren22 like this.
    01-23-15 10:04 AM
    Another Classic review-screenhunter_02-jan.-23-12.58.png just watching the review and notice this I'm having second thought on getting this phone. with no close carrier support
    and I would have to deal with BB direct
    01-23-15 12:02 PM
    The main reason why I didn't wait for carrier based Classic (obviously the timing) like from ATT is because of bloatwares. My Galaxy S3 has a bunch of bloatwares and they eat up memory + maybe battery life.
    01-23-15 04:16 PM
    Classic slow, sort of. I feel it in 4 areas.

3 largest, consistent areas of lag that I encounter are moving a bunch of emails to trash all at once, opening android apps, and lesser so, the calendar populating with events. I'm talking like 3-8 seconds of lag.

4th slowness I loath are the animations when minimizing, opening apps or redirect to other apps. Others have stated they are there to mask the loading time; could be, how do you tell for sure? Either way, nothing you can do about it.
    That trash or delete thing is an old issue that I don't think is based on hardware. The OS needs to deal with this stuff in better ways. The slowness with minimizing and such is also a OS issue that comes back in some cases. I've seen it disappear completely on the best 10.2.1 builds.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 04:48 PM
    The Classic in my opinion is so close to Z30
    If this is true, then I'm going to buy one. I would've thought if it's as fast as the z30, nobody would complain.
    Why am I always waiting for a successor to a BB phone.
    01-23-15 05:17 PM
    If this is true, then I'm going to buy one. I would've thought if it's as fast as the z30, nobody would complain.
    Why am I always waiting for a successor to a BB phone.
    I don't think that's accurate. The Z30 is faster than the Classic. But classic is faster than the Q10 and Z10.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 05:18 PM
    My z30 running leaked os higher than the 1154 build was a dog. Ran out of memory constantly and had major issues with MMS

My classic is faster on it's official released build. Same configuration of accounts and apps.
    01-23-15 07:49 PM
    My z30 running leaked os higher than the 1154 build was a dog. Ran out of memory constantly and had major issues with MMS

My classic is faster on it's official released build. Same configuration of accounts and apps.
    Absolutely agree
    The classic official os is little bit faster than Z30 on leaked os ...
    Of course i dont know how it will behave (Z30 ) when it gets official 10.3.1
    Untill then i think that the classic is fine and fast
    01-24-15 01:50 AM
    I was watching that review beside my sleeping kid so I had the sound turned down quite a bit, so I may have misheard this guy a lot. It seemed to me that he was awfully cheeky and sarcastic, and was only doing the review to belittle BlackBerry users.

Like he'd say something like, "yeah, this is a good point for BlackBerry, but only if you care about that" or something, as though BlackBerry is so out of touch that it cannot keep up with the demand of the market. While some say that's true, I really don't think a reviewer has the place to say that. Granted, that's just my opinion as well.

Again, the sound was turned down low so I couldn't hear everything super clearly, but from what I (think i) did catch was more annoying than informative.

Posted via CB10
    This is actually the way he does like all his reviews. He said nothing in his review that hasn't been said before--that the Classic is a good device running two year old specs and is, by and large, for a very specific type of user.
    01-24-15 02:56 AM
    I have this classic for 2 weeks now and i came from passort. I honestly didnt feel a difference in speed. I find it equally as fast as the passort when switching apps, well maybe a fraction of a second faster on the passport but not really noticeable. Im still enjoying this classic. Great battery and screen display.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 03:40 AM
    I have this classic for 2 weeks now and i came from passort. I honestly didnt feel a difference in speed. I find it equally as fast as the passort when switching apps, well maybe a fraction of a second faster on the passport but not really noticeable. Im still enjoying this classic. Great battery and screen display.

Posted via CB10

I totally agree with you too
    I sold my passport cause I love so much my classic
    The speed difference between them is so so so small and in my opinion not that noticeable
    I have heard many forum friends complaining about classic speed etc but I have also heard the same complains for the passport also
    Classic in my opinion is the best device blackberry has made in every way

Posted via CB10
    law_ren22 likes this.
    01-24-15 07:16 AM