Wow. It's been about 5 years since I've been here. My last Blackberry was a 9630 Tour on Altell. It got so bad I was doing a battery pull every other day. I switched to Android and Verizon and have been there since. Needing to update my LG G2 and was on the Verizon website looking for the new Nexus and noticed the Classic. Forgot what a good looking phone looks like. This peaked my interest back to Blackberry. I would like to ask some questions about moving back over. Sorry if these have been asked before. I'm not totally into the Google ecosystem but I have all of my email and contacts there. Also all of my pictures are backed up to G+. As far as my main apps mainly Google Maps, Twitter, Accuweather. Don't play games,movies or music on my phone. Only video is Youtube. Hardware side Qi charging is a big deal to me. Does the Verizon model have it? Will I miss that large screen? Like to hear from Android users. Thanks in advance.
    02-27-15 01:24 PM
    My last BlackBerry was a 9630 as well, and I'm coming back from a HTC m8 to the classic on Verizon
    02-27-15 01:30 PM
    Welcome back to the Black .
    02-27-15 03:22 PM
    My suggestion would be to only consider the classic if you're keeping the G2 on the side
    02-27-15 03:35 PM
    My suggestion would be to only consider the classic if you're keeping the G2 on the side
    What? Why would he do that? Unless he absolutely can't live without google maps, which still work on BlackBerry anyway, minus logging in
    02-27-15 04:11 PM
    Wow. It's been about 5 years since I've been here. My last Blackberry was a 9630 Tour on Altell. It got so bad I was doing a battery pull every other day. I switched to Android and Verizon and have been there since. Needing to update my LG G2 and was on the Verizon website looking for the new Nexus and noticed the Classic. Forgot what a good looking phone looks like. This peaked my interest back to Blackberry. I would like to ask some questions about moving back over. Sorry if these have been asked before. I'm not totally into the Google ecosystem but I have all of my email and contacts there. Also all of my pictures are backed up to G+. As far as my main apps mainly Google Maps, Twitter, Accuweather. Don't play games,movies or music on my phone. Only video is Youtube. Hardware side Qi charging is a big deal to me. Does the Verizon model have it? Will I miss that large screen? Like to hear from Android users. Thanks in advance.
    Googlemaps does not work on BB10 like it did on previous OSs, and the blackberry app isn't very good, but BeMaps (pay app) offers a front end for Google Maps. Twitter and Accuweather are there free.

I kinda miss a larger screen and the ability to switch aspect ratios (portrait or landscape), but I don't see it as a big deal personally. I never watch video on my Classic.

Concerning Android vs Blackberry OS, this is a matter of personal preference. Android always felt to me like it was designed to be flexible and to be played around with with a bunch of window dressing like features. Blackberry always felt it's GUI is direct, non-nonsense, efficient , works right out of the box without needing a dozen apps to make it usable. I love how I can respond to emails, tweets, facebook posts, Whatsapp and BBM etc all without leaving the Hub and without needing to launch these apps, integration is seamless, it doesn't feel like, on Android, like a bunch of apps nailed to the same post. But this is all about personal preference!

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 02:45 AM