can someone at crackberry or someone who owns a classic post a video of how android apps run on the classic? flipboard, instagram, Netflix, shazam some games, just some of the popular ones. my z10 has gotten really slow when running android apps, wondering if its getting long in the tooth and the classic or even the passport run them better. For example, shazam takes 10-15 seconds for it to open and allow me to tag a song.

would be much appreciated
    12-18-14 08:28 PM
    can someone at crackberry or someone who owns a classic post a video of how android apps run on the classic? flipboard, instagram, Netflix, shazam some games, just some of the popular ones.
    They run the same really... however, they run BETTER on the Passport due to the hardware upgrades and RAM. And something doesn't get long in the tooth that way.. it should work as it always has. What you're experiencing is just junk buildup. Blow out your device and start fresh and things will run tip top again.
    12-18-14 08:43 PM
    Serious question. How do you blow out the phone? I'm newish to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 09:14 PM
    They run the same really... however, they run BETTER on the Passport due to the hardware upgrades and RAM. And something doesn't get long in the tooth that way.. it should work as it always has. What you're experiencing is just junk buildup. Blow out your device and start fresh and things will run tip top again.
    What? Specs don't matter right? Lol, sorry, I'll shut up now...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-18-14 09:50 PM
    Serious question. How do you blow out the phone? I'm newish to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Wipe it.
    12-19-14 10:30 AM
    Anyone knows why Shazam is not available at BlackBerry World anymore? o.O What happened there?
    I think SoundHound is not as good as Shazam.
    12-19-14 10:58 AM
    I dunno if I agree with blaze, as your phone gets older and you use it more things go built up and a wide will help to some extent. The apps also get updated pretty frequently and operating systems also get updated requiring faster processors, more ram. In addition, I believe the overhead of the android player adds An additional ram requirement that thz10 might lack.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 01:55 PM
    I dunno if I agree with blaze, as your phone gets older and you use it more things go built up and a wide will help to some extent. The apps also get updated pretty frequently and operating systems also get updated requiring faster processors, more ram. In addition, I believe the overhead of the android player adds An additional ram requirement that thz10 might lack.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with this guy. My android apps from BlackBerry World work fine still. But the ones I got from snap and updated slowly started lagging and such. I have android apps I originally got from BlackBerry World, and then deleted and used snap, and then eventually had to go back to the BlackBerry World version because of the lag. The BlackBerry World ones are likely vetted for performance and "locked in". Snap isn't smart enough to know what apps would be too much for your BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 03:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's true. You're right. I agree with you lol.
    12-19-14 07:25 PM