Everybody wants a longer battery life, but be careful what you wish for.

Read about my cancer from cell phones on BBM Channel C003DB0B0.

--------------------

I was all happy when JC announced the Q20 would be called the Classic after the 9900. Now they show pictures with a Q10 keyboard and Q10 specs. Why call it a Classic without the ergonomic keyboard with Q10 specs?

They just don't get it! Do it right or just make a better mother board and replacement lens/camera for the 9900.

-------------------
    Yes, Slagman I know Q10 keyboard. I have read you posting on the short cuts. You are the king on speed typing on the Q10. And I don't mean it sarcastically. If the Classic comes out with the Q10 keyboard I will go back and read all your postings just so I can find the one about your short cuts or you can just post it again as a new thread on speed typing.

Btw I read every one of your and Steve's (idssteve) posting. We all share the same passion.
    What works for me might not work for you. I assume you're talking about the curved keyboard? I got used to the straight keyboard but perhaps others might not be able to. The curved keyboard was definitely easier to learn to type quickly on.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Mr4aces and Frehley like this.
    07-07-14 02:36 PM
    What works for me might not work for you. I assume you're talking about the curved keyboard? I got used to the straight keyboard but perhaps others might not be able to. The curved keyboard was definitely easier to learn to type quickly on.

Apparently internal testing was done to determine that the straight design on the q10 is faster and more ergonomic than the older curved design, hence the change.

Posted via CB10 on the Z "Dirty" 30
    07-07-14 03:08 PM
    Apparently internal testing was done to determine that the straight design on the q10 is faster and more ergonomic than the older curved design, hence the change.

I don't know, I remember when I got my first BB, the Bold 9000, I got fast at typing on it within the first week. After getting the Q10 it took a little while longer to get used ot it to type quickly on... So it just seems like it was easier to learn the curved keyboard. But I like the straight keyboard too, so don't mind it at all. Plus, the stainless steel frets are so much better than the crappy plastic curved frets of the old devices that creaked and flexed when you touched them...

07-07-14 03:30 PM
    Steel frets and curved keyboard would work best for me. The frets keep my thumbs from going too far and the curved keyboard allows my thumbs to move naturally. The straight keyboard requires me to reposition my hands ever so slightly as I type, yes I'm a crybaby:-)
    Mr4aces and Frehley like this.
    07-07-14 04:59 PM
    The Q's kb is the second best only compared to the 9900, IMO. My abused thumb joints can hurt a little pinching down to hit the near "P" & "Q" on the straight Q but its not a deal killer.

My take is that BB could, and did, shape the 9900's toolbelt to accommodate its curved kb. Curving the Q10 keyboard would've consumed unacceptable acres of "screenestate". Its a shame BB didn't see fit to curve the 20's toolbar to accommodate a curved kb. Of course utilizing 9900's on the shelf kb & toolbelt would've been perfect, IMO.
    Mr4aces, JGoodard and Frehley like this.
    07-07-14 06:40 PM
    Steel frets and curved keyboard would work best for me. The frets keep my thumbs from going too far and the curved keyboard allows my thumbs to move naturally. The straight keyboard requires me to reposition my hands ever so slightly as I type, yes I'm a crybaby:-)
    Having a preference is not being a crybaby. Never be afraid to express your opinion whether it is the popular opinion or not...

07-07-14 08:20 PM
    I have a Q10 and I am real excited about the Classic; the Q10 is quick and easy to use and the Classic with be Quicker..!
    07-07-14 08:37 PM
    Apparently internal testing was done to determine that the straight design on the q10 is faster and more ergonomic than the older curved design, hence the change...
    This is especially true for one handed typing.
    07-07-14 10:29 PM
    I'm still wondering how the actual optical trackpad is going to work on a OS which is made for touch and gestures.

Also the Z30 will always be a legend!
    The same way the 9930 worked, but with more gestures...

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.3139
    07-07-14 10:36 PM
    You do realise that Tool Belt you poverty so much is a Canadian design, has nothing to do with be USA

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    What?

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.3139
    07-07-14 10:40 PM
    Loll. The article is floating around, the straight design was determined to be better, it wasn't a screen real estate issue.

I had the same experience after using a curve 8320 and bold 9900, the q10 at first didn't feel right.

I just assumed that was due to me being used to the old keyboard.

Now when I try to use the 9900, it doesn't feel right.

07-07-14 11:34 PM
    Loll. The article is floating around, the straight design was determined to be better, it wasn't a screen real estate issue.

I had the same experience after using a curve 8320 and bold 9900, the q10 at first didn't feel right.

I just assumed that was due to me being used to the old keyboard.

Now when I try to use the 9900, it doesn't feel right.

Yes, we will adapt.
    07-08-14 01:01 AM
    This is especially true for one handed typing.
    Exactly, put your right thumb on the Q then run it across the keyboard to the P. Now do it for each row. It gets harder on the bottom row with a straight keyboard.

Much easier to walk and text with a ergonomic keyboard.
    phuoc likes this.
    07-08-14 01:52 AM
    FWIW, I migrated from 9930 to Z to Q and back to 99. After a year away from 99 it still feels best to my old arthritic thumb joints. The Q is certainly a close second best tho, IMO. My old 9650 rates a distant 3rd but then I've never owned a Torch, so... FWIW.

Its hard to believe "screen estate" didn't play some role in Q's straight kb. Without the toolbelt, the space above "T" & "Y" would've looked awkward against the bottom edge of the display. Likely it was much easier to find younger thumbs for "in house testing" than to create a curved bottom edge display.
    Last edited by idssteve; 07-08-14 at 04:49 AM.
    Mr4aces and phuoc like this.
    07-08-14 04:37 AM
    This is quite ridiculous seriously - one handed typing and typing without looking, what else do you want - to type while you guys are sleeping?

No matter which way you put it, the physical qwerty was designed for two thumbed typing, and I'm glad many of you can do it without looking, but I tend to need to at least be looking at the screen (I don't type with eyes closed or while looking at people or while reading signs on the street etc).

The virtual keyboard handles one handed typing much better, and dare I say swiftkey handles it even better on android devices.

Posted via CB10 app - Right on "Que" (LE)
    07-08-14 02:42 PM
    ...The virtual keyboard handles one handed typing much better, and dare I say swiftkey handles it even better on android devices.
    I disagree on both counts. For me, nothing beats the Q10 for one handed typing. and yes I've used virtual keyboards and swiftkey. YMMV
    Mr4aces and JCMM like this.
    07-09-14 02:47 AM
    How come there are no leaks, pics or videos of the Classic in YouTube, etc???

I need some fix.

Posted via CB10
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    07-15-14 08:16 PM
    Hi, still using Bold 9900 and waiting for Classic to arrive, i prefer track pad and buttons so the Classic is the only choice to replace 9900, hope it has a large battery,
    bought a Z10 second hand at little cost to try BB10 it's very good but on screen keyboard is not for me,
    07-20-14 01:53 PM
93 ... 234