Classic champion standing by.

these young timer.
    I really can't wait for the classic. It has been a long time since I pushed in a button to end the call. Sounds weird, but it is the best solution. Period.
    Posted via CB10
    The only thing better than an end key is snapping a flip phone closed.

Posted via CB10
    donemt, acovey, neoberry99 and 1 others like this.
    07-04-14 02:18 PM
    The Classic WILL be my next phone. Till then..
    07-04-14 02:27 PM
    yes i am waiting to try the Classic, i am new to Blackberry phones having been a
    Nokia owner since 2000, and using a 2008 e series keyboard phone until buying
    a second hand Bold 9900 about eight months ago, it's worked without fault
    (no freezing/battery pulls), and the keyboard is the best one i have used so far,
    having buttons to call/end call is what i am used to and prefer, and Track pad
    is new to me and having a keyboard and touch screen is a feature l like a step up
    from Nokia as for disabling touch screen never wanted to, but option on classic would be useful if required, will it have a removable battery?
    could be a deal breaker, when i find a phone that feels right and never lets me down
    i stay with that model, the Bold 9900 is that phone, will the Classic make me change
    from 9900? come November will see, if not time to buy another new Bold 9900.
    JGoodard likes this.
    07-04-14 02:39 PM
    Slagman5. You are the one with the intelligent and entertaining posts. I don't care about cheap posts. I care about posts with passion. You stated the problem perfectly. Because there were many chumps hyping that touch is the ultimate thang.

I cracked up when you said:" Yeah, let's put also touch in our cars. Why driving with a steering wheel when we can try with touch." lol

You CRUSHED these young timer.

I really can't wait for the classic. It has been a long time since I pushed in a button to end the call. Sounds weird, but it is the best solution. Period.

Posted via CB10
    Well now I think this whole thread is sarcastic, haha. :-P

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-04-14 04:01 PM
    There are others, heck, there's one above, the Marine, also has the colors decorating his avatar. :-)

This is true; however, I am not an advocate of the tool belt. Nothing wrong with it and I hope it pulls in the BlackBerry faithful as well as many more, just not a big fan of it. By the way, I can't seem to figure out what rubbed him the wrong way about that statement either.
    07-04-14 04:59 PM
    No, fela. I really mean it. I would never make fun of you. I was perfectly happy with my Q10. But later I missed jut those simple keys. One user stated that BB10 was made for full touch devices. Not Q10. And he might be right. So I bought a Z30. The best phone yet!

But trust me. When this POWER Classic is lying on the table, with its great design??? Wohoooo, slag man! I will be a lucky camper!

Well now I think this whole thread is sarcastic, haha. :-P

Last edited by Fistmaster; 07-04-14 at 05:36 PM.
    acovey likes this.
    07-04-14 05:13 PM
    I really hope an ALL NEW IMPACT will be made with the start of the PASSPORT (fine name) and Classic.

Remember. You can bring out great devices. But without marketing it will end like last year! Remember the crappy advertising with the colorful splash?? Was it also at the Super Bowl?? What a waste of POWER money.

Please guys. Roll out a great long-tern marketing campaign along with the roll out of Passport and this beast Classic. I can't wait for the specs and the product page of the Classic, to get PUMPED UP!!!
    anon8091350 likes this.
    07-04-14 05:59 PM
    No, fela. I really mean it. I would never make fun of you. I was perfectly happy with my Q10. But later I missed jut those simple keys. One user stated that BB10 was made for full touch devices. Not Q10. And he might be right. So I bought a Z30. The best phone yet!

But trust me. When this POWER Classic is lying on the table, with its great design??? Wohoooo, slag man! I will be a lucky camper!
    I'm glad you're so enthusiastic about BB. I really hope the Classic meets or exceeds our expectations. The toolbelt is sorely missed...
    acovey likes this.
    07-04-14 07:06 PM
    I'm glad you're so enthusiastic about BB. I really hope the Classic meets or exceeds our expectations. The toolbelt is sorely missed...
    I have about it, sir. I came to the conclusion that we will be happy with the Classic. I loved the Q10, when all of a sudden I missed the tool belt. Hell, I even played with the idea of buying a Bold 9900!! But in 2013/2014 and BBOS 7?? No can do. And the battery life, etc.

So I bought the Z30. But, I guess we will be very happy with the Classic. Business phone, better specs, battery life etc. And the tool belt. It was the best on legacy devices. Chen listened and I am very happy about that!

Slagman. Ending a phone with a button like we used to know. How cool is that? Do you know a device in 2014 that can do this? Or call the last number by pushing the call button? Priceless. No more touchy touchy and looky looky. Doing business. Boom!

And thats what I am looking. Those simple things. If you wanna go touch, thats fine. The Z30 is the ultimate phone. But it's time for a Classic. I can't wait to read a full passionate review of BLAZE or the guy in a suit of crackberry. Those 2 have passion. I wanna know every detail. Every inch, every gimmick. Gone are the times, when Kevin must put editorials of "How to play Candy Crush on your Z3", etc. Just pure Classic, Passort, 10.3. editorials.

I am very excited.
    acovey likes this.
    07-04-14 07:14 PM
    Maybe the trackpad will exist simply for navigating (up, down, right, left), selecting & copying/paste, and a few keyboard shortcuts and nothing more. Eh, I wouldn't mind if it did all of that because it would still be better than nothing. I'm more concern about battery life and keyboard quality because I'm expecting some BlackBerry Z30 level of quality over here, haha.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 10:06 PM
    Maybe the trackpad will exist simply for navigating (up, down, right, left), selecting & copying/paste, and a few keyboard shortcuts and nothing more. Eh, I wouldn't mind if it did all of that because it would still be better than nothing. I'm more concern about battery life and keyboard quality because I'm expecting some BlackBerry Z30 level of quality over here, haha.

Posted via CB10
    Let's all have a minute of silence and pray for an epic battery life on the Classic.....

from an australian Z10...
    07-05-14 02:50 AM
    Is there any indication how much the phone might cost?

Posted with my amazing Z10
    07-05-14 06:05 AM
    Is there any indication how much the phone might cost?

Posted with my amazing Z10
    I'm waiting for this as well. Anything over $400 and I'll have to pass. We'll see I guess.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using CB Forums mobile app
    07-05-14 06:20 AM
    Well I am Pumped bring it on !! But I hope in hindsight it is a better roll out than the 9900 remember the bricking and problems when it first came out lets hope Mr.Chen can roll the two new phones out Perfect , BB is running out of chances .
    I really hope an ALL NEW IMPACT will be made with the start of the PASSPORT (fine name) and Classic.

Remember. You can bring out great devices. But without marketing it will end like last year! Remember the crappy advertising with the colorful splash?? Was it also at the Super Bowl?? What a waste of POWER money.

Please guys. Roll out a great long-tern marketing campaign along with the roll out of Passport and this beast Classic. I can't wait for the specs and the product page of the Classic, to get PUMPED UP!!!
    07-05-14 06:39 AM
    As a diehard BB fan and the owner of Q10's on both Verizon and ATT before switching my office over to Z30, I am worried about the Classic. Every (yes, all 4) Q10's eventually had the double typing issue and all were replaced at least once and three developed the double typing issue again prompting a change to the Z30. Is any one else troubled by the keyboard problems lately?
    07-05-14 08:11 AM
    I'm waiting for this as well. Anything over $400 and I'll have to pass. We'll see I guess.

I disagree, if it's a "budget" phone, I won't be interested... I want a flagship phone, if I have to pay more to get that, then I will. If it's under $400 then the specs would likely be like the Q10 or maybe even worse...

Q10Bold, Oddsocket and calcareer like this.
    07-05-14 11:23 AM
    As a diehard BB fan and the owner of Q10's on both Verizon and ATT before switching my office over to Z30, I am worried about the Classic. Every (yes, all 4) Q10's eventually had the double typing issue and all were replaced at least once and three developed the double typing issue again prompting a change to the Z30. Is any one else troubled by the keyboard problems lately?
    Kevin has stated that he's heard from an inside source that they did figure out what was causing that and their new devices will not have the issue... I haven't had that issue with my Q10 yet, luckily...

07-05-14 11:25 AM
    I will buy the Classic if it ends getting a larger screen resolution
    07-05-14 11:43 AM
    I was not fan of trackpads on touch devices, but when I bought 9900 I started to use it instantly and it was working great on OS7. I'm not sure if trackpad is needed on BB10 device with screen much larger than 9900's but will see.
    anon8091350 likes this.
    07-05-14 03:14 PM
    Since they're bringing back the "tool belt", does that mean that they're also bringing back the convenience key?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 08:56 PM
    Since they're bringing back the "tool belt", does that mean that they're also bringing back the convenience key?

Posted via CB10
    Here's hoping.
    anon8091350 likes this.
    07-05-14 09:11 PM
    I disagree, if it's a "budget" phone, I won't be interested... I want a flagship phone, if I have to pay more to get that, then I will. If it's under $400 then the specs would likely be like the Q10 or maybe even worse...

You can disagree all you want but the fact is, Blackberry phones do not command a $650+ dollar price.

No amount of marketing is gonna make the average Joe spend that kinda cash on a smartphone with no apps and lack of third party support. They already tried that with the Q10 and the Z10 and look how well that worked for them.

07-06-14 01:01 AM

The restocked Bold 9900/30 is selling for $400, so be assured that the Classic is going to be priced well above that.
    smertz likes this.
    07-06-14 01:41 AM
    Price will be a biggest problem for Classic and Passport.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 05:10 AM
    I am on slagman here. If the build quality is right, I am willing to pay a premium. Since we are not blessed by many devices coming out a year like at Samsung. I am starving for something new.

Again, if I have the feeling like it was on the Bold 9900 I am willing to pay more. It's for me and my life. Don't care much about what masses or hipsters are willing to pay.

On a sidenote. I watched a movie yesterday on TV: "Buried". A man was kidnapped and buried alive in a wooden box. He woke up tried to get out. All he had was a Zippo Lighter and a Blackberry. As you can imagine, it was pure fun seeing him going through the menu of this great legacy device. With a trackpad and tool belt. He easily could go through menu and end/take calls without to be forced to look at the screen.

So I can't wait to get the classic!!!
    07-06-14 05:24 AM
93 1234