Maybe I'm doing it more lately or just noticing it more, but I keep opening and touching things I don't want to on my Q10. I like bb10 being gesture based but it's very easy to accidentally swipe.

I know you can accidentally hit a button, but I think that happens significantly less on a bold.

Maybe those that hate mistakenly swiping their phones will welcome back the buttons.

Another unrelated note is that with the bigger screen, the trackpad will be more comfortable because you'll be able to navigate across the entire screen no matter what size fingers you have.
    05-13-14 08:02 AM
    Accidentally making phone calls and taking pictures is par for the course for me with Z10 and Z30.

I guess I'm the only one though. I want to be able to remove the whole bottom row of icons.

This is a frustrating thing that never used to happen with the 9810.

The last thing on the world I want to use my BlackBerry for is making phone calls.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    05-13-14 08:09 AM
    Maybe the toolbelt on the Q20 will act as a sufficient buffer between the keys and the touchscreen to avoid this issue?
    Still debating getting a Q10 now though. . . would probably just do it if I knew a virtual belt was coming. . . though the call/end physical buttons are nice (I hate multi-tapping end call on my Z10).
    Sorry, kind of off-topic.
    Doggerz likes this.
    05-13-14 09:07 AM
    A flip case would prevent that from happening, but it would make the phone bulkier, also.

I use a non-branded one on my Z10 and I'm happy with it (it offers good protection overall, besides preventing acting on the screen when the phone is in the pocket).

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake as long as you need
    05-13-14 09:17 AM
    I also would like the option of removing or disabling the three icons at the bottom of the screen. it was the first question I had when I got my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz likes this.
    05-13-14 02:22 PM
    Yeah, capacitive touch will select things with ZERO pressure and ZERO vertical displacement. AND it occupies 30-90% of the surface area on the front of the device. A large, hypersensitive, target. Time proven "point and click" are two separate operations on a trackpad. Horizontal, zero pressure, movement does the pointing. Vertical movement does the "click". The trackpad's vertical movement requires about .020" physical displacement. It also requires some detectable fraction of an ounce of pressure while providing reassuringly instant feedback with a tactile and audible "click".

Some people do fine with touch. Others do not. I, for one, would happily pay $3k+ for a non-touch, trackpad only, device. One with modern processor, etc... I would have LITTLE difficulty convincing management to pay that much for several dozen of non-touch devices. Maybe not relevant to most but certainly significant to some of us.
    Ragbert and phuoc like this.
    05-14-14 07:44 AM