Unlike other blackberry10 device, though blackberry classic has menu belt, is menu key used to return to a page that show which app is running on background as Blackberry7?
    12-24-14 10:47 AM
    Unlike other blackberry10 device, though blackberry classic has menu belt, is menu key used to return to a page that show which app is running on background as Blackberry7?
    Menu key quick press in apps opens up the usual side menu like BBOS.
    Quick press in Home screen closes the highlighted Active Frame.
    Long press in apps or Home screen usually brings up Help or Setting menu from the top of the screen.
    12-24-14 11:32 AM
    I suggest you should read some reviews, either here at CrackBerry or N4BB or whatever other, reliable BlackBerry source suits your needs. The function of all toolbelt keys are explained there.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 01:33 PM
    The home screen (the one represented by the little house at the bottom of the screen) shows all running apps: one 'active frame' per running app. If there is no or an empty home screen, then there is no app running.
    You get to the home screen by simply swiping up from the bottom bezel of the screen.This works everywhere, regardless of where you just are on the phone. Try it out, it's very easy and straight forward.
    No long press of the menu button needed to get to a 'task switcher'.
    12-24-14 04:56 PM
    I suggest you should read some reviews, either here at CrackBerry or N4BB or whatever other, reliable BlackBerry source suits your needs. The function of all toolbelt keys are explained there.

Posted via CB10
    I read both review but I didn't get it so I posted this question.
    12-25-14 04:32 AM
    I had the same question. With my Bold 9790, quick press of the BB key is your 'right-click' option - I'm guessing that's what you mean by side menu? So that's the same? That's good to hear.

And long press gets you icons for all running apps, which you can toggle between with the trackpad. AKA the 'alt-tab' equivalent. It sounds like that's what's missing? I understand your explanation of how to swipe to the home screen, though I will have to get used to the home screen itself - also, is there any toolbelt/non-touchscreen method of getting there? Or a toggle that lets you return this functionality to BB key long-press?

Just got the Bold a year ago - first smartphone, and I loved the effortless learning curve because almost every desktop computer action had an equivalent! Hopefully I can find a Classic to play with so I can find out if it's worth the upgrade.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-26-14 06:50 AM
    One press of the call end button will also take you to the home screen, from everywhere.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 07:48 AM
    The menu key is just for menus. In BB10 the Home screen displays all of your currently open programs--there is no separate 'app switcher' screen. So you'll just hit the End key or swipe up from the bottom of the screen to get to your home screen, where you will see all of your open apps. There you can either switch apps or close them. BB10 consolidates Home and App switching into one process.

From a Z30
    12-26-14 08:03 AM
    Cool, thank you! That being the case, however, how does one get to the desktop (...if there still is a desktop?), as that is currently what end call jumps to on my Bold?
    12-31-14 03:57 AM
    In BB10 there's pretty much just 3 screens you'll be looking at if you aren't currently in an app.

HUB on the left, Home screen in the middle--where all of your currently open but minimized apps are, and pages of your apps to the right. Swiping on screen moves you from left to right, just like Android and iPhone. Swiping up from the bottom of the screen (or pressing End key on Classic in an app) minimizes any app you are in and returns you to the Home screen, where the active frames of all running apps are.

HUB---Home---Apps

There are plenty of demos and how-to guides for BB10 on youtube to see how it all works.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 07:54 AM