Blackberry says it can last up to 14.5 days on standby (UMTS). I tried not using it after full charge, network set to 2G (and made sure there's always signal).. and it only lasted for 4 days. (PS: sent atleast 20 texts over the course of 4 days).

So what does the standby period really means?
    10-03-15 11:05 AM
    It means shut off all radios and have nothing running in the background
    10-03-15 11:29 AM
    .. and it only lasted for 4 days.
    What a piece of garbarge! You should probably smash it.
    10-03-15 11:31 AM
    Ah. That might do it. I tried turning off radio for a couple of nights and it only used 3-5% in 8 hours... I thought UMTS means, it's running on a network.

Okay. I rest my case.
    10-03-15 11:36 AM
    What a piece of garbarge! You should probably smash it.
    Close to doing that. I still have some problems with the reception (see my other posts).. might as well smash, gift wrap and send it back.
    10-03-15 11:38 AM
    Close to doing that. I still have some problems with the reception (see my other posts).. might as well smash, gift wrap and send it back.
    Well, I'm not sure if you have consistently been running on 2G but that could have something to do with it.
    10-03-15 11:52 AM
    Well, I'm not sure if you have consistently been running on 2G but that could have something to do with it.
    The reception problem? Oh it's the same on all the network settings.. See here.
    10-03-15 11:55 AM
    Well maybe if you security wiped it and then tried? I don't think it's worth it though lol.

You're probably right about umts. The issue is you have apps and emails etc pooling for data all the time. The screen on is also a huge drain
    Swipe to wake too... I'm sure there's more. BlackBerry Protect.. remote desktop link
    10-03-15 12:54 PM
    Standby time is where you set nothing up onthe phone other than the phone itself. Then you fully charge it and don't pick it up or use it in anyway, not even to wake it up. Any apps doing any sort of syncing would not be ''standby'' nor would sending texts, in other words, standby is it just sitting on your desk unused.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 01:05 PM
    Not true, the radio has to be on for the phone or it isn't on standby.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 01:06 PM
    If that's true, it would only last atleast 5 days on a real standby. No apps used etc. I didn't install anything here.. no sync any emails etc. Oh, and swipe to wake is turned off.. I actually try not to use the touch screen that much. This is basically a new phone with a new sim, I guess.

I checked the device monitor and the only drains are "System" (atleast 10 to 30%+), "Standy" (5%-10%), "Display" (less than %10) (and everything else such as PIM services, android, homescreen, text, settings - nothing unusual, again, I guess). I think I lose atleast 1-1.5% every 2 hours whenever the network is on (regardless if I receive any text or not).. and atleast 1-2% for a 1 minute call.

IS MY CLASSIC A LEMON?
    10-03-15 07:45 PM
    Well maybe if you security wiped it and then tried? I don't think it's worth it though lol.

You're probably right about umts. The issue is you have apps and emails etc pooling for data all the time. The screen on is also a huge drain
    Swipe to wake too... I'm sure there's more. BlackBerry Protect.. remote desktop link
    BB Protect is off.
    Swipe to wake is off.
    Blend is off.
    Everything in "Network and Connections" is off, except the network. Set to 2G, also tried setting it to 2G/3G/4G if it makes any difference. It only drains faster when set to 2G/3G/4G.

OH. And battery saving is on, does that count?
    10-03-15 07:59 PM
    BB Protect is off.
    Swipe to wake is off.
    Blend is off.
    Everything in "Network and Connections" is off, except the network. Set to 2G, also tried setting it to 2G/3G/4G if it makes any difference. It only drains faster when set to 2G/3G/4G.

OH. And battery saving is on, does that count?
    But, just to confirm, it is still lasting you for 4.5 days? I'm not really sure that I understand the tone of this thread... Are you disappointed that you aren't getting 14 + days out of your battery? Because it seems like your expectations might be a little high. BlackBerry's numbers are based on the actual size and ratings of the battery. The results will vary completely depending on actual usage.
    10-04-15 05:05 AM
    1-1.5% drain every 2 hours is as good as you can get on BlackBerry 10. You can only have even less when turned off all the radios. Still that wouldn't add up to 14 days.
    Nothing to worry though. Your phone is healthy with the drain you reported.
    That standby time is a bit like car official consumption figures. You'll never ever be able to reach them. It's marketing lies and lab controlled environment needed to get to those figures. Just disregard them and don't worry. It's just not true
    anon3230140 likes this.
    10-04-15 09:09 AM
    God. I hope you're a troll.
    How is sending 20 texts standby ? I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    10-04-15 11:05 AM
    God. I hope you're a troll.
    How is sending 20 texts standby ? I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type

That was just 20 texts, less than 10 minutes of use. But yes, it's on standby for most of the time (except for that 20 texts). And I don't think those 10 minutes affected the results greatly.
    10-05-15 03:02 AM