On wifi my youtube videos render weird and skip a bit its annoying as all ****. On 3g/h they are fine. My question is why? Or has anyone else experienced this? I've done a clean nuke and still the same outcome. Also my picture texts take forever to send. I'm wondering if maybe this is sim card related.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-11 05:09 PM
    So nobody else has experienced this? I've done fresh o.s installs on different versions. It still lags, its annoying and only on wifi and I've used multiple wifi sources

10-17-11 12:47 AM
    ive experienced this on wifi networks that have a poor or slow connection
    10-17-11 01:31 AM
    There are several threads here about this bug. I have not ever experienced it, personally. YouTube works fine on my device, especially the HTML5 beta.

10-17-11 01:31 AM
    Interesting. I got player for youtube pro and it eliminates the lag. It did it on any wifi ive tried and I have an extremely good setup at my home network.
    10-17-11 02:19 AM
    Yes I've experienced lag especially with HQ/HD videos. Re. the YouTube Pro app the reason why there is no lagging there is because it streams at a lower quality than the YouTube Mobile website even if you select the HQ option.

My semi-workaround for this is to search for the video you want to view in YouTube Mobile. Once you've found the video scroll to the bottom of the page and there should be a DeskTop option. Select it to go to the desktop version of the YouTube website and if you're lucky there will be a HTML5 version of the video (you'll need to opt into HTML5 on your YouTube account beforehand). For whatever reason when you watch the video on the desktop version of YouTube it streams smoothly and lag free whereas via mobile site over the same WIFI network it can struggle.
    10-17-11 10:32 AM
    I opted into the HTML5 in youtube, but cant seem to get a video to load. Is there an option somewhere on the videos that say html5?
    10-18-11 02:37 AM
    Youtube works fine on my bb on wifi, 3G doesn't even play th video!!

10-19-11 08:10 PM
    Bump

10-20-11 11:46 PM
    The video you are trying to load may not be in the HTML5 video format which means it is trying to load a Flash video (i.e.not supported on BBs). FYI not all content on YouTube have been converted to HTML5 video format. Any content that has not been converted to HTML5 video will always fall back to Flash.
    10-21-11 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD