anyone thats still running 7.0 could you test this as i'm wonder if its OS 7 or OS 7.1 thats the issue.
    01-23-13 04:36 PM
    So I was messing around a little bit. If you dont want to get hung up at the 1:19 mark of a video, before it reaches 1:19, just drag the time bar just past it.
    Yeah you will miss a couple seconds of the video, but at least it wont pop up with this error.

Hopefully this gets fixed. Really becoming annoying.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using the CB App!
    01-24-13 11:39 AM
    Mine does this at 1:19 and skipping past 1:19 doesn't usually help. Basically it seems like it can only play 1:19 of video - so if I watch until 1:09 and then skip to 1:29 for example, I'll only have ten seconds of video to watch (it'll stop with the error message at 1:39 in this case). Terribly annoying.

I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the YouTube app and that didn't help.
    02-05-13 11:27 AM
    FYI: There is no youtube 'app' that comes on any bb. Its just a link to the youtube mobile site.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    southlander likes this.
    02-17-13 01:59 AM
    I guess I'm not the only one. You guys are right, it stops at 1:19 for me. So weird. I too have nice data plan and I have to watch a video 3 times to finish watching it. BUT I see it is JUST youtube! Nba.com videos work perfectly and so does Xvideos.com LOL
    02-18-13 03:15 AM
    Apparently Blackberry is aware of the problem though there is no solution yet.

KB33330-'An error has occurred attempting to play media' is displayed while watching a Youtube video
    02-20-13 07:05 AM
    is there a issue resolved yet as i am gettin this error cant play youtube videos in my BB 9900
    03-07-13 07:27 PM
    I have this problem as well, i sent it to RIM and they gave me a new phone, worked for a day, now back to the same problem. Since getting the phone i have installed whatsapp and the newest version of twitter, could either of these apps be disturbing it?
    03-08-13 01:20 PM
    No issue with whatapp and I don't use twitter so can't comment on that so RIM is not doing any thing to solve this problem.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-08-13 05:47 PM
    Hi,
    I'm using BB 9930 7.1 bundle 2123 (latest) and not facing any problem with any app like youtube, whatapp, twitter and facebook.
    04-11-13 11:28 PM
    I have the same problem and I also use rogers, plus my phone is new. Its always stops after about 1 min and a couple of seconds. If you drag the time bar across then it'll just play for another 1min and a few seconds and have the same message again.
    Whenever I call tech support, they say its not a rogers problem, but it only happens to rogers and fido phones which are owned by the same company, so they may have set some kind of restrictions or something which they are not aware of. They are pretty cheap providers which is especially annoying given that they charge so high.
    04-19-13 10:57 PM
    I have never installed twitter or whatsapp on my 9910 and I still have this issue. I have even wiped my phone and reinstalled my OS and I still have the problem.
    04-20-13 12:15 AM
    Hi I am having the same issue using youtube from the web, I downloaded one of the youtube players from blackberry world and it's working great...just an option
    04-23-13 04:34 PM
    Hi I am having the same issue using youtube from the web, I downloaded one of the youtube players from blackberry world and it's working great...just an option
    Which one? I might give it a try..

Most of them are actually just shortcuts to the mobile webpage.
    04-23-13 04:46 PM
    Im not sure if all of them are able to get this issue resolved, But I too was facing the same issue. So I called up my customer care(windmobile.ca)
    and asked them for the solution. They helped me and it started working..!!!!!!!!!!!
    Below is the troubleshoot they asked me to do on my BB 9810
    On the Home screen goto Options-> Device->Advanced System settings-> TCP IP
    APN settings enabled was unchecked. They asked me to check it
    Type the text 'internet.windmobile.ca' in the APN : (check with ur service provider for this) and save it
    After this step they asked me to play a youtube video. If it still doesn't works,they asked me to remove the battery and sim and then reload them to start the phone system.
    But it worked me without removing the battery.
    Thank God....!!
    bbgiancarlo likes this.
    05-12-13 10:39 PM
    my youtube videos stop at exactly 1:19 also. i am using a 9900 with rogers, it happened with 7.1.0.764 and now also with 7.1.0.862. youtube videos play fine when wifi is on or is i use the desktop version of youtube.

on a side note i also notice the video quality is way better when i am using wifi. i have a 6gb data plan so i am surprised the quality is so low..
    05-14-13 07:00 PM
    Im not sure if all of them are able to get this issue resolved, But I too was facing the same issue. So I called up my customer care(windmobile.ca)
    and asked them for the solution. They helped me and it started working..!!!!!!!!!!!
    Below is the troubleshoot they asked me to do on my BB 9810
    On the Home screen goto Options-> Device->Advanced System settings-> TCP IP
    APN settings enabled was unchecked. They asked me to check it
    Type the text 'internet.windmobile.ca' in the APN : (check with ur service provider for this) and save it
    After this step they asked me to play a youtube video. If it still doesn't works,they asked me to remove the battery and sim and then reload them to start the phone system.
    But it worked me without removing the battery.
    Thank God....!!
    Thank you! I searched everywhere for a solution that works. I've managed by downloading "player for youtube - free" in bb world, which works great without having to put in apn settings. But having this is much appreciated.
    07-18-13 06:01 PM
42 12