My usage is for personal as well, but like the OP I was very disappointed. I wanted a 9930 in the worst way and couldn't find one that didn't have some kind of issues. Squirrlly trackpad, misaligned bezel, offset KB keys, trackpad out of whack, poor speaker, bad ear piece, static in calls and other stuff I noticed on the first six units I tried. So I went with a diff OS altogether and thought I'd wait it out till the buggy first releases were done coming out. Now I really like my new device and OS, so while I would have been happy to stay with RIM, now I won't be back. QC is everything and a lack of it turns people off and drives them away to the competition.
    11-24-11 05:51 PM
    How come people on his forum have so many phones? Lol.. I had a 3gs and upgraded to a bb9900 and its fantastic. But saying that i dont know what NFC or mobile hotspots are. But i love my phone.
    Vijik likes this.
    11-24-11 05:53 PM
    My usage is for personal as well, but like the OP I was very disappointed. I wanted a 9930 in the worst way and couldn't find one that didn't have some kind of issues. Squirrlly trackpad, misaligned bezel, offset KB keys, trackpad out of whack, poor speaker, bad ear piece, static in calls and other stuff I noticed on the first six units I tried. So I went with a diff OS altogether and thought I'd wait it out till the buggy first releases were done coming out. Now I really like my new device and OS, so while I would have been happy to stay with RIM, now I won't be back. QC is everything and a lack of it turns people off and drives them away to the competition.
    I guess I was lucky in the respect that I never had a problem with my BB. I think that probably colors my viewpoints a lot. In fairness, I might feel a lot differently if I had had the problems that a lot of people have had with their phones. I hope I didn't sound insensitive---didn't mean to.
    11-24-11 06:01 PM
    Why do some people think these boards are for therapy? Why is this farewell note still not deleted? Ridiculous. The OP is a moron. He claims to have been coming on this site for years yet he didn't know what his 9th BlackBerry was going to be like. Complete moron.
    11-24-11 06:10 PM
    Ummm I'm sure your aware of bbx phones coming out. If the 9900 wasn't any different then the 8 other bb you had, why did you buy a 9900 when you know bbx phones will be coming out next year?

Btw, you never mentioned what kind of innovation you were looking for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    He said like bbm a game changing innovation. You know how bbm changed the way we talk to each other. Like how multitouch changed how we use the Internet on our phones. How Siri changed the way we interact with our phones. You know a game changed and. Of a follow the leader catch up device. Although personally I think what RIM's doing is fine it's just us pushy Americans think the consumer world is all that matters when there is so much more out there.
    11-24-11 06:28 PM
    Your opinion is out-of-this-world
    I still have some of a big ol box of old Analogs and other sci-fi stuff the wife piece got me at some book blow-out. When those are gone, I might rethink the ereader. I did read a Koontz novel on a Nook and it was ok, but not compelling. When they build a tablet that can replace a laptop, that would be worth owning. The things out now are just big smart phones without the phone. Ghey as a leather pi�ata.
    11-24-11 07:25 PM
    I will first start out by saying this site has been a great wealth of information for me in My early berry days and I've always been the first guy to stick up for blackberries in general and that I'd never go iOS.

Now I sit here 8 blackberries later with my 9900 thinking what the **** has really changed since my first one? minus a few memory upgrades a web browser that seems like it would have been good 4 yrs ago. Trackpad and a few other upgrades I'm yet again disappointed as I sit here and watch everyone else fly by innovating and changing the game.

When I bought the 9900 I thought it was gong to be more advanced from the 9700 and soon as I fired it up I new it wasn't anymore greater. RIM stop wasting your time putting out mediocre ****, innovate like you did with bbm. do something, you are sinking...FAST

I don't want to keep going on ranting and raving but to who ever reads this and continues supporting rim great, I'd love to see them hit a home run in the near future as well... I just sadly don't think it's going to ever happen.

Rip RIM

I'm out - and if anyone wants a slightly used 9900 PM me its all yours
    CHILD , actually children are the ones that rant out loud for the world to hear them . so , w/ the previous models , what did you have ? just a 9700 , for what i gather , because i have been using rim for the longest time , BUT know what they have brought to the table , and what apple has too .

you see , i don't like my phone monopolized , and the same as everybody else , what choices do i have w/ an i"touch"+phone ? closed off enviroment ? nice ? itunes ? even better ! siri , as long as speak perfect english and hate accents . then again , if you know why you like or hate blackberry , list me some things , then maybe i'll stop being so immature and feeding your baby food like your mom still does .

when you have a touch screen , what is the first problem you have to watch out for ? freezing , especially if the device doesn't have enough ram ! , not ghz inside . ( and don't tell me apple is better b/cause they for one HAVE NEVER CHANGED their hud since coming out , what do you expect for that . )

can you text and drive , or walk and text at the same time ? not no a screen w/ glass and "flat keys"

do you pay for antivirus upgrades every year because your phone is so smart it can get hacked into ? lovely . i don't

does your phone encrypt everything and anythiing you want it to ? doubt it . i know iphone4s just got jailbailen . OUCH !

a phone is for business purposes mostly , to make money , to support yourself , i don't care if people take it to show off or advert they are sheep , but honestly tell me something besides app selection - like a private cam where i can peep on my neighbours or games. but tell me tech that apple or android can do that rim can not . and don't you DARE say everything because i'll just think you're ********
    Last edited by suot.doi; 11-24-11 at 08:36 PM.
    11-24-11 07:46 PM
    9900 wasn't supposed to be a brand new phone. It's just a 9000 upgrade.
    It is impossible to have everything you need in 1 device.
    I use 9900 for texting and checking email, Ipod 4G for apps, video and music, digital camera for photos.
    11-24-11 08:09 PM
    It's the lack of developer support. The lack of apps. Heck, the lack of themes for Pete's sake .... You guys remember themes, right? Part of the BB culture for years, but we can't have them on OS7 until Q2 2012? Give me a break. The 9900/9930 are great devices, but the lack of apps is troubling. I really believe this is what is driving people away from the BB platform.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-11 08:09 PM
    CHILD , actually children are the ones that rant out loud for the world to hear them . so , w/ the previous models , what did you have ? just a 9700 , for what i gather , because i have been using rim for the longest time , BUT know what they have brought to the table , and what apple has too .

you see , i don't like my phone monopolized , and the same as everybody else , what choices do i have w/ an i"touch"+phone ? closed off enviroment ? nice ? itunes ? even better ! siri , as long as im racist and hate accents . then again , if you know why you like or hate blackberry , list me some things , then maybe i'll stop being so immature and feeding your baby food like your mom still does .

when you have a touch screen , what is the first problem you have to watch out for ? freezing , especially if the device doesn't have enough ram ! , not ghz inside . ( and don't tell me apple is better b/cause they for one HAVE NEVER CHANGED their hud since coming out , what do you expect for that . )

can you text and drive , or walk and text at the same time ? not no a screen w/ glass and "flat keys"

do you pay for antivirus upgrades every year because your phone is so smart it can get hacked into ? lovely . i don't

does your phone encrypt everything and anythiing you want it to ? doubt it . i know iphone4s just got jailbailen . OUCH !

a phone is for business purposes mostly , to make money , to support yourself , i don't care if people take it to show off or advert they are sheep , but honestly tell me something besides app selection - like a private cam where i can peep on my neighbours or games. but tell me tech that apple or android can do that rim can not . and don't you DARE say everything because i'll just think you're ********
    Funny how you can pick something written on a Playbook.
    11-24-11 08:13 PM

you see , i don't like my phone monopolized , and the same as everybody else , what choices do i have w/ an i"touch"+phone ? closed off enviroment ? nice ? itunes ? even better ! siri , as long as im racist and hate accents . then again , if you know why you like or hate blackberry , list me some things , then maybe i'll stop being so immature and feeding your baby food like your mom still does .

Racist?

What?

I've eaten too much turkey, because I am seeing things...
    11-24-11 08:33 PM
    opps .. too much ranting .. racist just came into my head
    11-24-11 08:35 PM
    Are you a liberal? It's their catch all accusation du jour
    11-24-11 08:54 PM
    OP is not out of blackberry, just 9900. He/she is still using 9700 so... yeah its like upgrading from iphone 3gs to 4s.. better screen and speed but the same apps...
    It is like that with all platform.
    11-24-11 09:03 PM
    OP is not out of blackberry, just 9900. He/she is still using 9700 so... yeah its like upgrading from iphone 3gs to 4s.. better screen and speed but the same apps...
    It is like that with all platform.
    Was reading the "Rip RIM"
    11-24-11 09:09 PM
    Was reading the "Rip RIM"
    Under his user profile:
    Device(s): 9700 (Bold)
    Carrier: T-Mobile

11-24-11 09:12 PM
    I still have some of a big ol box of old Analogs and other sci-fi stuff the wife piece got me at some book blow-out. When those are gone, I might rethink the ereader. I did read a Koontz novel on a Nook and it was ok, but not compelling. When they build a tablet that can replace a laptop, that would be worth owning. The things out now are just big smart phones without the phone. Ghey as a leather pi�ata.

I understand you think tablets are 'gay' but this is the iPad effect. Did you try the playbook? I use Kobo for reading books and it's great, the screen is excellent, pages turn nicely, a really good reading experience

The 'other' tablets (iPhad, Galaxy iTab, Galaxy playTab, Kindle-ing...) are 'gay' but the playbook is different...it's cool
    Vijik likes this.
    11-24-11 09:38 PM
    I understand you think tablets are 'gay' but this is the iPad effect. Did you try the playbook? I use Kobo for reading books and it's great, the screen is excellent, pages turn nicely, a really good reading experience

The 'other' tablets (iPhad, Galaxy iTab, Galaxy playTab, Kindle-ing...) are 'gay' but the playbook is different...it's cool
    Tablets are crippled little half machines. They do a few things well, but a nice, lightweight laptop is ten times as useful. That's from a business perspective. For the virtual humans who find pixels more interesting than reality, I wouldn't know.
    11-26-11 12:57 PM
    As a 10 year BB business user who just switched to IOS I have a perspective on the cause of BB woes. For the most part most all of the people I know who were using BB's starting dumping them because "business changed" & people started to rely more on their phones instead of packing around a notebook, a camera, a scanner, etc.

RIM has traditionally always delivered a higher quality device than anyone else in the cell phone making business and given the number of years they have offered email push it's been about as perfect as anything could be.

One of the first things that started to sour me last year was when I started getting emails I couldn't open ( simply because the file size was too big ) yet the 3 or 4 people sitting around me with Android or iphone had no problem at all in opening the .pdf. It was simply the plans for a new buiding - this same thing happened several times with other emails showing advertising or venue layouts & I was the only one in the car or at the meeting who couldn't open a "business related" email. Bad show RIM - people these days use email for more then generating a couple paragraphs.

I work in the car business and for the most part you will not find any job that relys more on cellular / smartphone tech than the car business - that said, TO THIS DAY, blackberry still can't load or process dealertrack AAX or any of the other standard old school business type apps - the type of apps that allow a person to do their job faster and get more done much easier than the guy running around with a notebook and scanner attached to it to read VIN codes. Again, Bad show RIM.

It seems that the things blackberry offers in the way of APPS simply don't work as well as they do on an iphone. Case in point when I had my 9930 the bar-code scanner was total *&%$ - I tested it against both an iphone and Droid at a best buy and the BB at best was able to capature and process about 1/2 of what either the Apple or Droid was able to do. The same thing extended to the use of Google maps - Google maps loaded much slower on the 9930 and more times then not when I checked "my location" I was off by as much as 80 yards! Not only that but MOST OF THE TIME I wouldn't even get the option to "share my location" whereas the Droid and iphone worked every time.

I have no idea why my 9930 didn't work as well as IOS or Droid in those above things - I just know it didn't - it's almost like someone at RIM said;

"we have to make sure google maps works on our phones"

And a tech at RIM said;

"we can't have it be fully functional on our devices"

To which the guy in charge said;

"Just make sure it kinda-sorta works - so we can say we have it".

The list goes on, such as the 9930 / 9900 being priced above the actual premium smartphones out there ( Apple 4s & whatever the hottest Droid of the week is ) - RIM opted to put a junk camera in the 99xx and the only real excuse I've read for doing it is because they just had to have a "thin phone" and didn't have the ability to make their bold as thin as an iphone w/out giving up auto-focus - forget the fact the iphone has an auto-focus!

Stuff like that.

Now, as for the Good - I would have zero problems in coming back to Blackberry as there is still much I love about it. I absolutely love the keyboard and for me the battery life on all my BB's has been exceptional. I know some folks had trouble with batterly life but Mon through Friday my 9930 could see me through the work day ( I average around 5500 minutes per month ).

I absolutely love the ability to be able to hook the BB to any computer and drag and drop whatever it is I need or want without having to wait to get home and do everything from itunes - being a slave to itunes SUCKS and frankly I hate that part of the iphone.

I'm thinking there are untold millions of people who would absolutley return to BB if RIM could get out of it's own soiled bed - what I would suggest is that the folks at RIM start packing around a current IOS phone and make sure whatever it does THEY DO JUST AS GOOD OR BETTER - simple concept! If an iphone can be accurate with Google maps then BB has NO EXCUSE.

If a guy on an iphone can get an WORK email of 4.5mb or higher than BB had better be able to do it as well - and for sure, for God's sake, the things RIM should have no problem with doing at all such as putting better than Fisher Price cameras in their top of the line devices. PLEASE RIM, no more of ***** stunts like that.

There are a whole bunch of us out here right now that may be on Droid or Apple but we still bleed BB and most companies would kill to have the brand image you guys have - please don't continue to destroy it.
    Nabil753 likes this.
    11-26-11 01:22 PM
    i kinda agree with the guy...i mean after you spend $650 on the 9900 and you turn it on just to see the same thing as a 9700. Same apps, same functions with just minor improvement. Blackberry focuses too much on hardware looks instead of coming up with innovative stuffs that the phone can do. Its years and years behind from iphone 4s with its siri. Blackberry app world is also stuck in 1980's with old apps and games like snakes, brick breaker etc...like wtf. You can play call of duty type games on iphone and play snakes and pac-man on blackberry? lol blackberry has been in business longer then google, htc, samsung phones...and they just came in and dominated the phone world while bb is still sitting there with their 80's style phones.
    11-26-11 01:36 PM
    i kinda agree with the guy...i mean after you spend $650 on the 9900 and you turn it on just to see the same thing as a 9700. Same apps, same functions with just minor improvement. Blackberry focuses too much on hardware looks instead of coming up with innovative stuffs that the phone can do. Its years and years behind from iphone 4s with its siri. Blackberry app world is also stuck in 1980's with old apps and games like snakes, brick breaker etc...like wtf. You can play call of duty type games on iphone and play snakes and pac-man on blackberry? lol blackberry has been in business longer then google, htc, samsung phones...and they just came in and dominated the phone world while bb is still sitting there with their 80's style phones.
    RIM still thinks business is conducted today as it was in the 90's.....
    ...That's the whole problem - they have lost touch with their power base ( the business user ).
    ...Now they are trying to capture junior and highschool kids.
    ...Of course they are now expanding into areas that business is still using 90's tech such as overseas.
    11-26-11 01:42 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD