Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Yahoo email message deleted from iPad not removed/reconcile to Blackberry​, BUG

This used to work but for the last few weeks, not!

When deleting email from a web session on yahoo.com it does get removed on my blackberry (this works),
    same when email for that same yahoo account was deleted from my ipad it was removed from
    my blackberry (this is no longer happening).

The problem is that now all yahoo email deleted from my ipad is NOT deleted from my blackberry,
    and still showing as "not read"... I see that the are removed from my yahoo inbox, so the iPad is doing the job.

Removal from the blackberry does remove email from the yahoo inbox correctly and it is removed from the ipad side too correctly.
    Deleting email on yahoo.com (web session) does remove it from the Blackberry and iPad, this works still...

Again, it is when I delete yahoo email from the iPad side that the deleted email is removed on yahoo.com BUT NOT on the blackberry...

What is the problem??? Support made me do all the update, account, books, etc... still it does not work...

Blackberry 9900 on Bell Canada
    7.1 bundle 1646 (v7.1.0.523, platform 5.1.0.393)
    PS Support made me remove all accounts, add it back on the blackberry, resent books, etc... no go.
    CrackBerry Addict

Are all accounts on all the devices set up as IMAP?

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

For the blackberry I have Synchronization Options set to "Deleted items". The email accounts correctly show the "Y" of yahoo... Before we did in this direction, reconcile works... if I delete on yahoo.com web session it does get remove on the phone.... It is when I delete from the yahoo email on the iPad that it does not get to the blackberry, it is removed from the yahoo.com inbox and moved to the yahoo.com deleted folder (I see from the web session)... why is the blackberry not made aware of this... and it used to work up until a few weeks ago...
    S.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,859 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AC9A2F5

Does the delete show if you refresh the account on the BB?
    Posted using my device of choice. May or may not be a BlackBerry.
    No such thing as too many backups. Remember that.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

No, doing "reconcile" with the yahoo email folder open does not remove the email from the blackberry that has been deleted on yahoo inbox from the ipad. Again, if deleted on yahoo.com web session it is reconcile automatically to the blackberry (and ipad).
    CrackBerry Abuser

I face the same issue on my BB 9380. Thought it was an issue with my service provider but looks like a generic problem. Not sure if there's a way around. I'd be keen to get this problem resolved. Any bright ideas? Thanks!
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have been having the same problem. On my bb 9930 I've spoken to apple, Verizon and bb. Everyone blames it on everyone else. Did someone figure out how to fix it? Please say yes. And why did it change all of a sudden?
    CrackBerry Newbie

I am having the same problem; however it is NOT an Apple (iPad) issue... I am convinced it is a glitch in the BlackBerry 7 operating system… From what I gather the issue “shows up” on average after a year or so of use (I read one post by a gentleman who stated his issue started right at the six month mark).

Established Issue:

• If you delete an e-mail from a BB device it deletes the item in Yahoo account on laptop/desktop

• If you delete an e-mail from a Yahoo Web account it properly deletes the item from BB device AND Yahoo account on laptop/desktop

• If you delete an e-mail from a Yahoo account on laptop/desktop that item does NOT delete on BB device or Yahoo Web account

I have a BB 9930 and my issue started on 5/29/14… I figured it was the operating system on my laptop/desktop as I was still running XP Professional, but it turned out that was NOT the issue as I ran tests from Windows 7. I then figured it was a Yahoo issue and NOT a Blackberry issue due to the fact Gmail continued to work as normal i.e. instantaneous reconciliation from BB device to laptop/desktop - it has always taken six hours for Gmail reconciliation from laptop/desktop to BB device.

After a month worth of test amongst and between Research In Motion Tier three support, Research In Motion Network Operations and me/my device; it was determined my device is running properly and this is a Yahoo issue… I notified Yahoo of this matter three weeks ago now and I have yet to receive a response…

If anybody can shed some light on this matter other than upgrading to a 10 device (been there, done that, NOT for me), I would be extremely appreciative as this issue is a true pain in the axx!!!

NOTE: Is it just me or is Yahoo customer service absolutely the worst? Please advise…
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,743 Global Posts
    PIN
    pine

I think the deletion might show up with a significant delay. At least that seems to happen when I move a Ymail message to a folder via the iPad, after a while the message no longer shows on the 9900. I cannot speed up the process by doing a Reconcile. I will try a deletion and see whether it finally works.

I did a few experiments and items I either filed or delete via my iPad after a few hours were no longer shown in my BB inbox. I am on BES but I doubt that impacts yahoo mail. Did you give it a long time to reflect the change??
    Last edited by BlazorBoy; 08-07-2014 at 10:38 AM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default I am...

I am convinced Ladies and Gentlemen Yahoo changed its e-mail protocol on May 29, 2014, but there is a slim outside chance this could be the 9000 series devices and/or the 7.0 operating system after X amount of usage. Still waiting on a reply from Yahoo as the e-mail USE TO be within 2 to 5 seconds perfect harmony.

Will update accordingly once I hear back from Yahoo...
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,743 Global Posts
    PIN
    pine

Again I note that with a delay of several hours deletions and file moves made on other devices DO show up on my 9900.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Same thing for me. When I delete an email from my ipad, yahoo reflects the change, but BB does not. It did used to remove them late, sometimes days later. But lately it doesn't seem to delete them at all (have emails that are 2 weeks old still in my messages on BB). I have reconciled, deleted the account, serviced books, added it back, etc... multiple times to no avail. I was trying to see if there was a way to manually set up IMAP on my BB, but haven't found one yet.... Still love my BB, like my yahoo mail (and i also have and like T Mobile lolz).... Im on an old BB 9900 though so maybe when the new ones come out in Sept, the issue will be resolved.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,743 Global Posts
    PIN
    pine

Quote Originally Posted by piisinfin View Post
    Same thing for me. When I delete an email from my ipad, yahoo reflects the change, but BB does not. It did used to remove them late, sometimes days later. But lately it doesn't seem to delete them at all (have emails that are 2 weeks old still in my messages on BB). I have reconciled, deleted the account, serviced books, added it back, etc... multiple times to no avail. I was trying to see if there was a way to manually set up IMAP on my BB, but haven't found one yet.... Still love my BB, like my yahoo mail (and i also have and like T Mobile lolz).... Im on an old BB 9900 though so maybe when the new ones come out in Sept, the issue will be resolved.
    are you on BIS? I am on BES and it works after considerable delays.

What is lolz?? Many thanks.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,743 Global Posts
    PIN
    pine

Oh, LOLZ. I got it now.