Was in the office and charging my phone. All of a sudden I notice this...

Here are symptoms:

- Entire contact list erased someway somehow (I did not touch my phone). Tried to retrieve my contact list thru blackberry protect, and it says my contacts are remotely synced to my gmail account. So, that was a fail. Checked my settings and apparently I have 0 contacts in gmail now.
    - My settings are gone, and have reverted to its original settings.
    - My touch screen stops working and i'm left to use the trackpad.
    - When I check my call history, all the names of my contacts show up, and in fact I can even view their contact card. When I click the actual 'Contacts' icon, it shows nothing.

Anyone experience all these symptoms? This is definately making me switch to a Droid or iPhone if my 4 month old blackberry is already screwing up on me. I did 4 battery pulls, and STILL, my contact list is gone.

What do i do?
    Last edited by MrTherapy; 11-22-11 at 12:31 PM.
    11-22-11 12:28 PM
    by any chance, have you done some back up with BB desktop software? you may be able to restore it from there just in case....
    11-22-11 12:32 PM
    by any chance, have you done some back up with BB desktop software? you may be able to restore it from there just in case....
    No unfortunately...I had everything synced via gmail and sim card...and both are erased. But as I mention, in my call history, it shows their names and contact cards in its entirety.
    11-22-11 12:36 PM
    This happened to me the day after I got my 9900. The resetting was permanent, though luckily I'd backed up my data. The touchscreen issue was fixed with a few battery pulls but I had it replaced just to be safe.
    Last edited by IllmasterMathematics; 11-22-11 at 12:40 PM.
    11-22-11 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD