This is with a personal bb9930.

I used to have similar and great results using wifi regardless of location, but recently I have been averaging 7.5-10%/hr battery drop when using my work wifi vs 1-2%/hr drop when using my home wifi. All applications in use in both locations are the same. I'm pretty sure that 3G coverage has nothing to do with it. The reason is, I can turn off wifi at work and get 2-3%/hr usage with just 3G. I noticed something fishy when at work and on the Corp wifi that the network activity arrows (black box in corner) would _constantly_ be spinning. When I'm connected, I authenticate, the DHCP address is acquired, and BIS is up. There is an access point on every floor with good signal.

Anyone seen something similar? Could it be the encryption? Also, my workplace has BES service, but I do not connect to it since it is not their phone. It feels like my phone is in an infinite loop trying to pull data constantly for something that never completes or is not there.
    12-06-12 09:09 PM
    I dont know why is that but sometimes my ADR is at 8%/hour and sometimes is at 1% or 0.8/hour. dont know why this happens. I run RC8a1
    12-07-12 04:55 AM
    I have never had that issue, but I would talk with the network team. It sounds like the network maybe constantly monitoring the device, which could be as it isn't their device. If it was their device going through BES, it might not have that as all the policies would be pushed down when the connection is made. I am not the network or BES admin, but that is where I would start.
    12-07-12 02:28 PM
    I sit next to the BES guys and Corp NetEng. I'm hoping that someone may know if a BB does any lookups for something similar to WPAD that Windows devices use since it is my device's app initiating whatever loop it is going through.
    12-09-12 09:25 AM