How's it going everyone ? Here's all the info before I get started. My phone is from Mobilicity bought it outright, my service provider is Wind. I was coming home from work one day I was on the subway and i took out my phone and it was a white screen that said JVM Error 102. So I went online and saw people saying the best thing to do is just restart the phone fresh, so I connected to DM and did the whole reinstall thing and the phone was working fine again, for less than 24 hours. Checking my phone again, this time I see the white screen with JVM Error 545 or something like that on it. So as I'm trying to reinstall everything again, midway through it my computer dies while waiting on the Waiting for Device status for about half an hour.

So now the problem is that I can't even turn on my phone now! Now this phone is a 100% necessity for my business and the fact that I'm without it for almost 12 hours is unacceptable. But what REALLY gets me aggrivated is that I'm sick, with a fever at home, trying to fix my bold instead of getting better! The phone won't turn on and when I take out the battery and put it back in all I have signs of life is the red LED steady for about 6-8 seconds and then nothing.

I've tried ALL of the things below so if you have any other suggestions let me know how I can wipe the phone and reinstall the OS.

Apploader - at first doesn't even detect that the phone is connected, have to do a battery pull and then re-insert for it to see it and then going next it just says fatal error.

JL_Commander and Desktop Manager both don't detect that my phone is even plugged in. For the first 5 or so seconds while the red LED is on it detects that a phone is plugged in and then nothing.

BBSAK - absolutely no detection of the phone whatsoever

I have a MAC at home, have spent all of today running these applications at a friends house who has windows, still with a fever mind you, so I need a solution QUICK!
    02-03-12 11:24 PM
    Save youe health, Swap out the phone and stop wasting your time. End of story, you've done all you can
    02-04-12 12:42 AM
    Others have had success loading 7.1 after it bricked. Sorry your sick. Hopefully you have insurance and a recent backup. If you are insured they usually send one out next day! Best of luck.
    02-04-12 12:51 AM
    I've had the phone since October, I don't even know what options I have there. I just want to get it fixed lol
    02-04-12 01:26 AM
    I bet you have a Made In Mexico unit!

Only Mexico built phones do this
    This simply not true.

Why do you spread information like this?
    02-04-12 06:19 AM
    This fone is reshaping the industry. I applaud RIM.
    Insightful and constructive as always ........

If you hate RIM so much just log out and don't come back.
    02-04-12 06:43 AM
    I bet you have a Made In Mexico unit!

Only Mexico built phones do this
    Really torques me off when I read stuff like this. Every Blackberry I've ever owned, including my 9930, were "Made in Mexico" & I never had a problem with any of them. Please do your homework before writing something as inflammatory as this.
    02-04-12 09:15 AM
    Yeah the mexico thing isn't true, but please PLEASE let's stay on topic and someone try and help me! I need my phone back
    02-04-12 10:18 AM
    This simply not true.

Why do you spread information like this?
    But I have to agree with one thing. MOST not all, but MOST phones with issues seems to be from Made in Mexico by RIM.
    02-04-12 10:48 AM
    ANYONE HAVE A FIX ???? Let's get off the mexico topic people lol
    02-05-12 01:24 AM
    MEXICO!

You need to swap it out. If you do not want to do that, read the hundreds of other 9900 threads that have the same problem you do and what they did to try to fix their problem.
    02-05-12 07:33 AM
    Had several instances where the white screen will show up.
    While I can't be sure of why, I took out the battery for longer than 1 minute and reinserted and the phone will come back to life....now, as soon as you are able, take this phone to where you bought it and try to get it replaced asap.
    02-05-12 07:49 AM
    It is also said that early made 9900 has some flaws, but RIM has fixed these bugs. I suggest you change for a new one. BTW, could you tell me when your device was produced?
    02-05-12 09:13 AM
    I think you should have your phone replaced. I bought my 9900 last October and it died on me (red blinking light) last November. It was replaced with a new unit, and the same thing happened again 2 weeks ago- dead, with the red light. Brought it back to the store, and again they replaced with a brand new unit (my second replacement) but am afraid the same thing will happen! Only have 6 months left on my warranty.. Although i like this phone a lot, I am also tired of this- getting a new pin, restoring contacts. This is too stressful, specially when you rely on your phone a lot.
    02-17-12 06:42 AM
    The most amazing thing is that RIM don't say what is exactly the issue that causes the bold 9900 to brick.

They are hidding some important information about this issue.

My first question to the new CEO would be:

Why the Bold 9900 bricks a lot? Is this a hardware issue?
    02-17-12 07:19 AM
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry

This guide will help you with a nuked one, make sure you read step 2 carefully as the timing has to be right. This guide saved me from having to purchase a new phone a few times. Give it a whirl, but as others have said, if stuff like this keeps happening, see what options you have about getting a replacement. Even if it's a refurb replacement, a refurbed working phone is better than a nuked new one! Good luck and feel better!
    02-17-12 08:53 AM
    But I have to agree with one thing. MOST not all, but MOST phones with issues seems to be from Made in Mexico by RIM.
    +1 In my experience, the Made In Mexico devices have the worst build quality. I make the in-store rep check for devices built elsewhere before I buy.
    02-17-12 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD