I am previous owner of 9000 and I understand the experience of using 9000.
    Journey...
    ....>>9000>>9700>>9780....

After playing with 9900 for a while in store I am tempted..
    I am fully satisfied with my current 9780...
    But temptation is bit high...

Advice me...
    Is it really, truly worth to upgrade...
    Or I should wait for BBX based Sooper SmartPhones

(Only bb sage can reply, no teenagers or haters allowed)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-11 11:44 AM
    Well...the OS7 speed, hardware, and touchscreen are HUGE differences. All depends, for me....I had a tour! It was the 9930 or no more bb for me.

Get it.

10-16-11 12:15 PM
    ...just "pull the trigger!"
    10-16-11 12:32 PM
    go get her
    10-16-11 12:36 PM
    Some concerns:

OS6 is hardly a very stable OS
    And now OS7 will take at least 6 more months to stabilise.
    Then.. After 6 months BBX....

10-16-11 12:42 PM
    Some concerns:

10-16-11 01:04 PM
    Some concerns:

I see no concerns there infinus... just uninformed BS
    10-16-11 01:10 PM
    OS7 is unstable? And BBX? Is that some new OS we haven't heard about yet that will preempt QNX?
    10-16-11 01:11 PM
    i disagree os 7 is fairly stable and responsive im plannin to get a 9900 for mygf because how much i like the device
    10-16-11 01:14 PM
    OS7 is unstable? And BBX? Is that some new OS we haven't heard about yet that will preempt QNX?
    BBX will be the OS platform for QNX phones... Exclusive: BBX (BlackBerry/QNX) Platform name outted in QNX Auto Summit Japan presentation! | CrackBerry.com
    10-16-11 01:15 PM
    Trust me get it you won't be dissappointed I know for sure I am not and from allm the other people I've heard from they are not either. I think for right now you will be way happier getting the 9900 then just sticking with your 9780

10-16-11 02:09 PM
    go get it. you won't be disappointed.
    it's impossible to compare the current OS to something that hasn't been released yet.
    and you are aware of the rumors that the first QNX/BBX device is a touch screen only.. again emphasis on the "rumor" part.
    10-16-11 02:21 PM
    I'm considering the 9900 as i'm due for an upgrade, I've got a Torch at the minute and i do love Blackberry but the Torch web browser is shocking, it's slow, the videos of the 9900 browser I've seen are very snappy, is it that fast?

I'm considering the iPhone 4S now to be honest, Blackberry just aren't bringing the tech to the table like other companys are, don't get me wrong i am a Blackberry fan and have been for years but I'm starting to think is it worth tying down in another 24 month contract with a Blackberry or get the 4S?
    10-16-11 02:32 PM
    If you want a physical keyboard, get a Bold 9900/9930 or a Torch 9810, end of story, best keyboards ever.

If you want a full touch screen it's a harder choice, if I was in that position I would honestly try all the options out there, not saying the Torch 9850/9860 aren't great, but it definitely has more competition than the Blackberries with keyboards, which imho are without equal.
    10-16-11 02:37 PM
    I'm considering the 9900 as i'm due for an upgrade, I've got a Torch at the minute and i do love Blackberry but the Torch web browser is shocking, it's slow, the videos of the 9900 browser I've seen are very snappy, is it that fast?

I'm considering the iPhone 4S now to be honest, Blackberry just aren't bringing the tech to the table like other companys are, don't get me wrong i am a Blackberry fan and have been for years but I'm starting to think is it worth tying down in another 24 month contract with a Blackberry or get the 4S?
    Don't get the iphone 4S. wait for the iphone 5 next year.
    a little background.. i currently have the 9800 and the iphone 4 and i bring them with me everyday.
    i would suggest you buy an iphone 4 ( upgrade to iOS5) from ebay than tie yourself with a 24 month contract with an iphone 4 refresh.
    10-16-11 02:44 PM
    But i'm due for an upgrade now... So i've got to choose one or the other ? lol
    10-16-11 02:55 PM
    I am previous owner of 9000 and I understand the experience of using 9000.
    Journey...
    ....>>9000>>9700>>9780....
    Those are the same devices I had...2 weeks ago I got an unlocked 9900. Im happy with my decision, the only hurdle is getting "used" to the camera.
    10-16-11 03:05 PM

The browser on my 9900 is very fast. I am always on wifi though.
    10-16-11 03:13 PM
    Cool, well I'll give the 9900 a go, I've got a 14 cooling off period anyway so if i don't want it i'll send it in for the 4S.

Thanks
    10-16-11 03:13 PM
    Cool, well I'll give the 9900 a go, I've got a 14 cooling off period anyway so if i don't want it i'll send it in for the 4S.

Thanks
    Sounds like the perfect plan to me.
    10-16-11 03:23 PM
    I come from a 8900 (dropped it too many times without otterbox on) then a 9700 (2nd hand that got locked from my carrier) then a 9780 (brand new) and I got the 9900 as soon as I could.

The OS is by far the most stable, it is snappy, the screen is crispy. Given that you are fond of the BB candybar shape factor, this BB 9900 wont dissapoint you. I got about ten apps installed on it (scoremobile FC, GPS logger II, Google maps, The independent, Tapatalk, beweather, flashlight, ubinav, wikitude, 3D rollercoaster, BB bridge) that I regularly use.

The combination touchscreen/keyboard is really perfect for me, and the battery life is ok (if you keep usage down to a reasonable level). I am sure more apps will be available for this device, and I got the QNX OS on the PB ifI want more games or eventually more apps (when OS 2.0 will be released).

So in my opinion, if you truly are in phase with the candybar full qwerty form factor, you should get that phone asap since the firx BBX will be full touchscreen only.
    10-16-11 03:25 PM
    i also uses 9000>8900>9700>9780 now 9900

+keyboard - its feel soo damn good, even nicer than 9000 INMHO
    +screen - size and resolution is very good
    +speed - generally the speed is very fast, compared to previous device but in expense for battery life.
    + hmmm thats all i can think of after using it for about a month.

-Bulid quality is very bad, i've tried severals 9900 and most of them have problem in build quality namely, squeaky trackpad and buttons, misaligned trackpad, etc look in this forum theres a lot of thread about it. Just to remind you if you indeed go and buy the 9900/9930 please check throughfully before you bring the device home, cause for me , this phone has the lousiest build quality or quality control the RIM ever produce.
    but if you get lucky and get 1 that's perfectly build then congratulations to you
    -Battery life, cant really say much about it , for my "normal" usage i need to charge it 3 times a day. for comparissons on my previous 9700 and 9780 i charge once a day.
    -touch screen is nice features, but in this device i don't really see the purpose for it, cause i'm used to use the trackpad instead, i only use the thouch screen sometimes when im browsing, but then again the responsiveness of the touch screen is somehow lacking compared to my iPhone 4.
    -OS7 is a little bit better than 6 INMHO, (my prefference is still OS5)
    and unfortunatelly for this 9900/9930, there's still lot of Bugs to be fixed. (screw you RIM for releasing devices that dont have mature enough OS to use with)
    -camera is bad, as i use my BB mostly for bussines line and i always use my bb camera to take picture of documents, atm transfer receipt, etc, but this 9900/9930 don't have auto focus, instead they uses eDof, for taking picture of people, scenery etc it will have no problem, but anything closer than 30cm, eg text, documents , laptop screen, they will come out blurry.

hmmm
    thats all i can think of now, hope i helps.
    thx.

of i forget , another thing,
    if you plan to use this phone as your single phone , then i might recommend it,
    but if you do carry multiple devices (i carry 2 phones al the time , an iPhone 4 and this BB 9900) then, i can't really recommend , cause i think you will be better off with your 9780 for texting and instant messaging and email, and you can use the iPhone for browsing, taking picture etc.
    10-16-11 03:28 PM
    I had the same exact journey as you did. The 9900 is unlike any of the previous Bolds. OS7 is in no way unstable. I used to switch between my white and black 9780s but since I have had the 9900, I rarely switch to one of them. The difference between the 9900 and the 9780 is huge. Everything from the feel of the phone, the colors and crispness of the screen, to the speed of OS 7.

I got the new iPod touch yesterday, it has the same "retina display" as the iPhone 4 and 4S. I have to say, RIM has pretty much caught up to Apple in terms of screen quality. Everything from the colors to the responsiveness. You'd think that RIM has been making all touchscreen phones their whole existence, that's how impressive the 9900's screen is.
    anon(73368) likes this.
    10-16-11 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD