Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 24 of 24
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Explorertml
  • 2 Post By PiotrJot
  1. MedicEms's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    927 Posts
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Will we see 7.2

    Do you think Blackberry will release future updates like 7.2 or is BB7 OS dead

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    Support your local paramedics...Run with scissors.
    Canada BBM Channel C001234A4
  2. Taigatrommel's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,459 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    OS7 is not "dead", there are still firmware updates coming as you can see, .825 released in January, then .861 released earlier this month. However I don't think we will see another "major" version jump like 7.2
  3. scouts36's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    985 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    This has been asked and answered many time here at CB during the last few months.
    The straight forward answer is NO.
    Blackberry will continue to provide support in the form of newer OS versions to improve or solve bugs... but will definetely not invest in adding new functionalities or native apps to an OS which is becoming legacy.
    If you wish "new" things.... get a BB10!!
  4. Explorertml's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    148 Posts
    #4  

    Default Will we see 7.2

    Goodmorning guys,

    I think you will see the 7.2 OS by later part of spring of 2013 or in the summer of 2013

    Its a no brainer the series numbers of these current OS updates will need to jump into the 7.2 as you see the numbers are starting running out and there will be no other choice but to start the new series of new sets of 7.2 numbers.

    And here will be the chance for the new BlackBerry Corp. To add a few apps from the new OS 10 and try to sell you over to the OS 10 Devices ...

    Regarding support for most 7.1 OS devices you will see the older Torch's and Curve's and some older Bold's start to have no new updates or support by year end of 2013.

    With that said only the new Bold 9930 and the Bold 9900 and also the newest Torch's and Curve's will be supported into 2014.

    But after 2014 time well tell if even the new BlackBerry Corp. Will even be around in the world wide smartphone game.

    It all will depend on how the sales of their new BlackBerry OS 10 devices sell and how many services providers do get contracts around the world and the results will be out also by year end.

    Reports and records show at this time BlackBerry is on the way out and folding by year end if sales don't get better and this time there will not be a 2nd or 3rd chance for BlackBerry Corp. Cuz they are almost now broke and too many law suits that need still to be heard in courts this year and lots of legal lost cases that they need to start paying up very soon.

    Yes BlackBerry isn't and has not been in very good shape now for the last 8 years.

    This year will tell clearly if they sink or swim and make it for another term in the 4 trillion dollar world wide wireless game with the Samsung, Apple, and HTC and a few more who are leaders in this smartphone world market.

    Regards Like Always,
    Tom



    Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk
  5. ddo101's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    41 Posts
    #5  

    Default Will we see 7.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Explorertml View Post
    Goodmorning guys,

    I think you will see the 7.2 OS by later part of spring of 2013 or in the summer of 2013

    Its a no brainer the series numbers of these current OS updates will need to jump into the 7.2 as you see the numbers are starting running out and there will be no other choice but to start the new series of new sets of 7.2 numbers.

    And here will be the chance for the new BlackBerry Corp. To add a few apps from the new OS 10 and try to sell you over to the OS 10 Devices ...

    Regarding support for most 7.1 OS devices you will see the older Torch's and Curve's and some older Bold's start to have no new updates or support by year end of 2013.

    With that said only the new Bold 9930 and the Bold 9900 and also the newest Torch's and Curve's will be supported into 2014.

    But after 2014 time well tell if even the new BlackBerry Corp. Will even be around in the world wide smartphone game.

    It all will depend on how the sales of their new BlackBerry OS 10 devices sell and how many services providers do get contracts around the world and the results will be out also by year end.

    Reports and records show at this time BlackBerry is on the way out and folding by year end if sales don't get better and this time there will not be a 2nd or 3rd chance for BlackBerry Corp. Cuz they are almost now broke and too many law suits that need still to be heard in courts this year and lots of legal lost cases that they need to start paying up very soon.

    Yes BlackBerry isn't and has not been in very good shape now for the last 8 years.

    This year will tell clearly if they sink or swim and make it for another term in the 4 trillion dollar world wide wireless game with the Samsung, Apple, and HTC and a few more who are leaders in this smartphone world market.

    Regards Like Always,
    Tom



    Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk
    Depends on release/build numbering convention I suppose. Most s/w shops follow something like major.minor.patch or similar. Given the step change between 7.0 and 7.1, to go to 7.2 would suggest a significant increment in terms of new functionality. But let's not forget one of the four segments, ie 7.1.1.x.


    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
  6. Explorertml's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    148 Posts
    #6  

    Default Will we see 7.2

    Quote Originally Posted by ddo101 View Post
    Depends on release/build numbering convention I suppose. Most s/w shops follow something like major.minor.patch or similar. Given the step change between 7.0 and 7.1, to go to 7.2 would suggest a significant increment in terms of new functionality. But let's not forget one of the four segments, ie 7.1.1.x.


    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Good point but I really think that BlackBerry will need to jump into the 7.2 numbering and it will look good for them in the wake of their troubles or the past and present.

    They have to keep in mind that there only have been 2 to 3 devices so far that only have made them money in the last 2 years and these devices only have been the Bolds and Curves, Torchs

    If they over see and fumble on these 7.1 devices and stop support oh well the new BlackBerry Corp. Should of been from the get go out of the world wide smartphone game, and they brought it on to themselves with greed and not forming partnerships with Microsoft 2 years ago where Microsoft was willing to help and they have even said no to the #1 smartphone leader Samsung, they where also offered a plan or 2 from Samsung but BlackBerry wanted their on path and road to go down and look at the new BlackBerry Corp. Now losing their shirts in the UK where they had a very strong market and shares

    They better get it together soon or its all over look at their global stocks when you get a chance the returns will tell you that they are now and have been on a sinking ship and going down if these guys to get it together in the next 2ndQ or 3rdQ they will be toast.

    Folks are all ready selling and pulling out their stocks from RIM BlackBerry in record margins and that's not too healthy.

    Regards Like Always,
    Tom

    Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk
  7. barbarianthemadserb's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    423 Posts
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    WOW, It would be a sad day indeed if Blackberry was no more.
  8. Explorertml's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    148 Posts
    #8  

    Default Will we see 7.2

    Quote Originally Posted by barbarianthemadserb View Post
    WOW, It would be a sad day indeed if Blackberry was no more.
    I agree and I have worked for RIM for over 15 years and I live within 1 hour from BlackBerry's HQ and I am also Canadian and RIM is also Canadian and the only Canadian phone manufacturer in Canada and well over 12000 BlackBerry jobs will also be gone world wide.

    It would and will be a major blow to BB device lovers and users and in Canada just that fact a major IT and Wireless Company goes under like RIM\BlackBerry.

    They need to get more world wide service providers and have a more open mind on partnerships right across the smartphone sector and have a good mind set and a clear plan, and to cut the retail costs at least by 25% off the new line devices they are still too high in this current Smartphone market.

    If they use all or most of my suggestions I think they just might have one more chance.

    Ps: and keep away from being sued and away from any court house ( they have to be at this time millions to Nokia )

    June 2013 the case Samsung Vs BlackBerry starts ( they could lose this one too and then you can say good bye to 87% of RIM\BlackBerry capital they will be getting in the red and dangerously broke as a large corporation that was and now isn't )

    Time will tell and time is almost up for BlackBerry this time around.

    Regards Like Always,
    Tom

    Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    barbarianthemadserb (02-27-2013) 
  9. PiotrJot's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    943 Posts
    Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default Will we see 7.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Explorertml View Post
    Goodmorning guys,

    I think you will see the 7.2 OS by later part of spring of 2013 or in the summer of 2013

    Its a no brainer the series numbers of these current OS updates will need to jump into the 7.2 as you see the numbers are starting running out and there will be no other choice but to start the new series of new sets of 7.2 numbers.
    (...)
    I don't get this reasoning.
    The latest official OS for Bold 9000 is OS 5.0.0.1096
    It is not 5.0.1.096, not 5.1.0.096, but simply 5.0.0.1096, so it gives a lot of possibilities for the 9900 releases after the .861, without changing the bigger figures. And I believe that in order to "deserve" being named 7.2 the OS would have to bring some new functionality.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by 2:
    dangerousfen (02-27-2013),  MADBRADNYC (02-27-2013) 
    MADBRADNYC and dangerousfen like this.
  10. kbz1960's Avatar
    Doesn't Matter

    Posts
    67,885 Posts
    Global Posts
    68,040 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    And what is a 7.2 going to do?
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
  11. Explorertml's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    148 Posts
    #11  

    Default Will we see 7.2

    Quote Originally Posted by PiotrJot View Post
    I don't get this reasoning.
    The latest official OS for Bold 9000 is OS 5.0.0.1096
    It is not 5.0.1.096, not 5.1.0.096, but simply 5.0.0.1096, so it gives a lot of possibilities for the 9900 releases after the .861, without changing the bigger figures. And I believe that in order to "deserve" being named 7.2 the OS would have to bring some new functionality.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    You might get a couple of new apps from the new BB OS 10 software to hook everyone to run run and run to get the brand new Z10 or Q10 if you like the Bold 9930 or Bold 9900

    I think that's the plan and a very smart plan when most new 7.1 devices get the new updated 7.2 OS that should be rolling out in the spring of 2013 or perhaps the latest time frame in the summer of 2013

    Regards Like Always,
    Tom



    Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk
  12. Explorertml's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    148 Posts
    #12  

    Default Will we see 7.2

    Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    And what is a 7.2 going to do?
    I think you will have an app or two from the new OS 10 when 7.2 OS Series rolls out this year to hook you on the OS 10 style so you can run and get your new Z10 or Q10 that's what this deal in regards would be all about to get every one ASAP over the OS 10 device and services in the next year or so.

    And slowly all the 7.1 and 7.2 devices will be squeezed out of the current market and then letters of no support will be sent out by the service providers to upgrade to the OS 10 game or upgrade to the Samsungs, Apple, HTC, and other Devices that will be in the smartphone game for a few more years.

    Regards Like Always,
    Tom

    Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk
  13. Explorertml's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    148 Posts
    #13  

    Default Will we see 7.2

    For what this comment is worth right after the new updated 7.2 OS comes out for all the new and current BB devices I think within the next 6 to 12 months all support and the death of all 7.1 and 7.2 OS powered devices will be discontinued and slowly screened and weeded and everyone on the OS 10 BB game.

    Or any other Smartphone device by your choice by yourself and your service provider.

    Time will be slowly running out for all 7.1 BB Devices by the 2ndQ and 3rdQ in 2014 unless there is major trouble at BlackBerry Corp. We again will be informed what's in stake and what's going on, let's cross our fingers BlackBerry Corp. Can get their numbers to stay in the game

    Regards Like Always,
    Tom

    Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Explorertml; 02-27-2013 at 04:01 PM.
  14. MADBRADNYC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,226 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PiotrJot View Post
    I don't get this reasoning.
    The latest official OS for Bold 9000 is OS 5.0.0.1096
    It is not 5.0.1.096, not 5.1.0.096, but simply 5.0.0.1096, so it gives a lot of possibilities for the 9900 releases after the .861, without changing the bigger figures. And I believe that in order to "deserve" being named 7.2 the OS would have to bring some new functionality.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    ^^^THIS^^^
    I know you remember when RIM first introduced the 4 digit ending OS number....
    Leaked: OS 5.0.0.1015 For The BlackBerry Storm2 9550 | CrackBerry.com
    There will be no 7.2, because there will not be any new functionality introduced to the legacy OS.
    Only bug fixes....
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
  15. Explorertml's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    148 Posts
    #15  

    Default Will we see 7.2

    Quote Originally Posted by MADBRADNYC View Post
    ^^^THIS^^^
    I know you remember when RIM first introduced the 4 digit ending OS number....
    Leaked: OS 5.0.0.1015 For The BlackBerry Storm2 9550 | CrackBerry.com
    There will be no 7.2, because there will not be any new functionality introduced to the legacy OS.
    Only bug fixes....
    I think strongly you will see BB updated 7.2 OS this spring or summer and a couple new apps from the OS 10 only for a sales pitch you get you over to the OS 10 game.

    And I will see all the older devices like the 5.0 and 6.0 and also the 7.0 that are crawling and online zapped out of support and also out of service by all service providers and in conjunction with BlackBerry Corp.

    With that said and done we all will see in a year or so that also most 7.1 that will be 7.2 by then also get tagged as Non Supported and zapped out of service by your service provider in conjunction with BlackBerry Corp.

    That's a year to 2 years away

    RIM\BlackBerry Corp. Will be cutting out the RIM or BlackBerry BIS service and all 7.1 devices require that but BlackBerry doesn't want to invest another penny on that type of 2 tier service and world wide server operation and it will be redundant.

    well its time sensitive and ticking away from this point and we will all see that these 2ndGen and 3Gen devices will be out of service and recalled by your service provider to upgrade your device to the new OS 10 or any other devise by your own choice and your service provider.

    Its just a matter of time where all these bolds and torch and curves will be all collected and thrown into to an electronic recycling bin to RIP

    Regards Like Always,
    Tom

    Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk
  16. dangerousfen's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,998 Posts
    PIN
    That's for me to know and you to guess!
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Explorertml View Post
    I think strongly you will see BB updated 7.2 OS this spring or summer and a couple new apps from the OS 10 only for a sales pitch you get you over to the OS 10 game.

    And I will see all the older devices like the 5.0 and 6.0 and also the 7.0 that are crawling and online zapped out of support and also out of service by all service providers and in conjunction with BlackBerry Corp.

    With that said and done we all will see in a year or so that also most 7.1 that will be 7.2 by then also get tagged as Non Supported and zapped out of service by your service provider in conjunction with BlackBerry Corp.

    That's a year to 2 years away

    RIM\BlackBerry Corp. Will be cutting out the RIM or BlackBerry BIS service and all 7.1 devices require that but BlackBerry doesn't want to invest another penny on that type of 2 tier service and world wide server operation and it will be redundant.

    well its time sensitive and ticking away from this point and we will all see that these 2ndGen and 3Gen devices will be out of service and recalled by your service provider to upgrade your device to the new OS 10 or any other devise by your own choice and your service provider.

    Its just a matter of time where all these bolds and torch and curves will be all collected and thrown into to an electronic recycling bin to RIP

    Regards Like Always,
    Tom

    Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk
    You said earlier that you work for Blackberry/RIM. Are you just surmising or do you have first hand knowledge of what your posting?

    Alan.
    Do as you would be done by and 12 pence to the shilling (or 100 cents to the dollar).

    Into every life a little ale must pour
  17. Explorertml's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    148 Posts
    #17  

    Default Will we see 7.2

    Quote Originally Posted by dangerousfen View Post
    You said earlier that you work for Blackberry/RIM. Are you just surmising or do you have first hand knowledge of what your posting?

    Alan.
    Allan very good point,

    I worked for RIM for over 15 years and I left RIM for a more stable company and now I am with Microsoft Canada and been with Microsoft for some time.

    This insight that I provided on this post is all inside information from good friends of mine who are still working for the new BlackBerry Corp. And they are all very unstable and scared in what's ahead for the new BlackBerry Corp. And the future in where it will be by this 2013 years end.

    Let's just say this at this time there has been 100's of lay offs and more to come and more and more department's merging and a few just closed and most of these area's are in the old device support and lots of talk that the 7.0 and 7.1 are next closed and staff out the door.

    I leave it up to you know Allan to do the math from this point forward and time to time check out the news in regards to stock markets and updates in what the new BlackBerry Corp. Are up too! You will see at this current time BlackBerry Corp. Is in lots of trouble from law suits, to major app designers not signing on for any apps for the OS 10, and lots of talk that 80% production is in trouble for only one reason at this time and that is funding and securities and down payments for all these hardware devices to be made, and to be packaged and also the shipping logistics systems.

    In other words the contractor who won the task of making all these devices world wide has some major concerns in regards to the down payment and other legal matters within this new contract and if this matter doesn't get a settled with BlackBerry Corp. And the production company who one this stake through lengthy tendering for months there will not be too many of these new device going out to any service providers world wide for a long time.

    Major screw up if these 2 parties don't get this deal up to each game plan and that is nothing but Capital funding from BlackBerry Corp to make all these orders fly and get shipped out ASAP.

    Regards Like Always,
    Tom



    Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk
  18. #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Explorertml View Post
    I think strongly you will see BB updated 7.2 OS this spring or summer and a couple new apps from the OS 10 only for a sales pitch you get you over to the OS 10 game.
    Quote from: BlackBerry Java Plug-in for Eclipse now available on Github! «BlackBerry Developer Blog

    We are pleased to announce a new Open Source project for the BlackBerry development platform. While we have stopped SDK work on BlackBerry® 7 OS, we’ve decided to make the source code open for all those developers using the Java Plug-in for Eclipse.
    Wallpaper Changer HD for BB10 A MUST HAVE APP - Automatically rotates your wallpaper - Now with battery % meter, weather and more!

    Evolution Web Browser with Ad Block - The ultra fast web browser with gestures and full screen browsing
    Ultimate ScreenSaver - Includes weather, rss news, clock and more! Many scenes including Aquarium and Fireplace or use your own pictures

    Visit: http://www.shao-soft.com
  19. Explorertml's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    148 Posts
    #19  

    Default Will we see 7.2

    Market devices running the BlackBerry® 7 OS, and will also be available on future BlackBerry Smartphones that will be running v7.2.

    This beta release of the BlackBerry Java SDK v7.2 includes a simulator for the BlackBerry® Bold™ 9930 smartphone running 7.2 OS, but developers leveraging net.rim.device.api.browser.field3.BrowserField are encouraged to also download an updated standalone version of the BlackBerry Bold 9930 simulator , which is designed to include a more stable environment for browser-based development.

    Reported by Sources who work close in Development and Support

    Let's wait and see where all these leads to in the very near future

    Something is in the works or let's say being tested in regards to the 7.2 General OS for BlackBerry Bold devices


    Regards,
    Tom

    Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk
  20. MedicEms's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    927 Posts
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

    Default Will we see 7.2

    Quote Originally Posted by barbarianthemadserb View Post
    WOW, It would be a sad day indeed if Blackberry was no more.
    But hopefully I don't think that will happen any time soon. Personally I think right know HTC is in more trouble then BB.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    Support your local paramedics...Run with scissors.
    Canada BBM Channel C001234A4
  21. Cap_172R's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,390 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,405 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barbarianthemadserb View Post
    WOW, It would be a sad day indeed if Blackberry was no more.
    yes it would be... but with all the changes the company has been doing, things should only get better for them! Love my BB!
  22. Maxey05's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    644 Posts
    Global Posts
    654 Global Posts
    #22  

    Default Will we see 7.2

    I doubt we will see OS 7.2.. It is maxed out as it is.. nothing really they can do more with this OS... There is nothing really I see that needs to be improved. OS 7 is the best it can possibly be!
  23. Maxey05's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    644 Posts
    Global Posts
    654 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default Will we see 7.2

    And the whole purpose of OS 7 and lower Devices now is to satisfy the users needs until they get a BB10 device!.. That's the future!
  24. rgshah3's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    926 Posts
    Global Posts
    927 Global Posts
    PIN
    28203623
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Explorertml View Post
    Market devices running the BlackBerry® 7 OS, and will also be available on future BlackBerry Smartphones that will be running v7.2.

    This beta release of the BlackBerry Java SDK v7.2 includes a simulator for the BlackBerry® Bold™ 9930 smartphone running 7.2 OS, but developers leveraging net.rim.device.api.browser.field3.BrowserField are encouraged to also download an updated standalone version of the BlackBerry Bold 9930 simulator , which is designed to include a more stable environment for browser-based development.

    Reported by Sources who work close in Development and Support

    Let's wait and see where all these leads to in the very near future

    Something is in the works or let's say being tested in regards to the 7.2 General OS for BlackBerry Bold devices


    Regards,
    Tom

    Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk
    Hi Tom,
    OS 7.2 beta SDK? Any links?
    Don't forget to press the LIKE Button Follow me on Twitter : @Rohil_ShahBL 7.1 Ultimate Hybrid

Similar Threads

  1. When will we see a Verizon Bold?
    By spangler07 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-18-2009, 09:24 PM
  2. When will we see a 3G Blackberry on TMO USA
    By Juan911411 in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 10:35 PM
  3. When will we see accessories like this?
    By xxraffyxx in forum BBOS Phone Accessories
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-12-2009, 10:57 PM
  4. Viigo...when will we see it?
    By Stang68 in forum BlackBerry OS Apps
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-23-2008, 07:50 AM
  5. So when will we see the Bold on Verizon?
    By Smerri in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-22-2008, 10:54 AM

Posting Permissions