Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. FBA
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,291 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Will RIM ever fix this stupid bug???

Time already for the sleeping engineers at RIM to wake up and address this one -

If you perform a battery pull (not a keyboard reboot) and you had the screen set for 10-second backlight timeout, it ALWAYS goes back to 20-second backlight timeout...

It has been this way through a good 20 7.1 releases...and I have posted about it before.

My settings:

1) Backlight timeout = 10 seconds
    2) Screen brightness = 10%
    3) Auto-Dimming = ON
    Z10
    Steve - Besadmin

Global Posts
    35,400 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

Default Re: Will RIM ever fix this stupid bug???

Maybe it's your 9940.

Sorry bud, never experienced it on my 9930.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    PIN
    Some Numbers and Letters

not an issue on my 9900 either. probably the 9940 based issue
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Available upon request.

Don't joke guys. He's posted about this issue before, so it's officially major.

I'm sure RIM is fixing this while building BBX
    XoXoXo
    CrackBerry Master

I keep mine at 30 and it holds after a hard reboot.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I don't have this issue, but I do recall reading earlier about it and there was a solution offered which seemed to help.

Leaked OS 7.1.0.267 for BlackBerry Bold 9900 Findings and Fixes

Quote Originally Posted by LiteBulb View Post
    For those having the backlight wont stay at level 10 bug, try the below solution:

1) set your screen brightness to level 10, and timeout to 1min.
    2) now set your battery saving mode to 'always on'
    3) then, proceed to your screen brightness menu, try to set your timeout time to 1 min. Note that your brightness is still 10.
    4) lastly, switch off your battery saving mode.
    5) reboot.

See if the above works. My screen brightness stayed at 10 even after multiple reboots.
    Sometimes it just helps to SEARCH the forum.

Hope this helps.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    I don't use BBM

This is not a bug, in fact, it is because you have selected (Battery Saving Mode ON) So according to that setting it will how ever be back to 20 seconds, i myself have the same thing as well as many others obviously or try turning battery saving mode OFF

So it's not bug its just in case if your time out is like 40 seconds maybe, so it gets back to 20 when you reboot the phone or do a battery pull
    But i too, i wish that could just be on 10 seconds to but again that's the selected setting from RIM for Battery Saving Mode
    █║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌║█║▌
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by FBA View Post
    If you perform a battery pull (not a keyboard reboot) and you had the screen set for 10-second backlight timeout, it ALWAYS goes back to 20-second backlight timeout...
    Turn off Battery Saving Mode !?
    CrackBerry Genius

You need to approach this as "Apple" would...... it is one of rwo things.... either you are not doing the battery pull correctly or more importantly... it is an undocumented feature....
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,467 Global Posts

Time already for the sleeping engineers at RIM to wake up and address
    You've clearly never worked in software development if you think RIM's engineers or any competitors are 'sleeping'.
    RIM cuts down summer vacation for Ottawa staff; Bumps work week to six days | CrackBerry.com
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,460 Global Posts

For those saying its not a bug...it is indeed a bug. After a battery pull or full restart of any kind ALL settings should be the same. If he has 10 second timer on and battery saving mode on its no excuse that the OS changed settings on him just because battery saving mode was on...
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________

Global Posts
    35,400 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    For those saying its not a bug...it is indeed a bug. After a battery pull or full restart of any kind ALL settings should be the same. If he has 10 second timer on and battery saving mode on its no excuse that the OS changed settings on him just because battery saving mode was on...
    while I'd admit it must be annoying for those using BSM, an intentionally controlled setting is not a bug.

Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    333CD502

I posted about this before. My past 3 blackberry have done this as well. Even turning batt saver mode off doesn't work
    "If the music is too loud,notify the driver and he will kindly let you out"

"Once You go Black you'll never go back" (blackberry)
  14. FBA
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,291 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

It isn't intentional design; it's a bug. Battery save mode off - and it does the exact same thing. I want a 10-second screen timeout and a 10% screen backlight. When I pull the battery, it always goes back to a 20-second screen timeout. For those who don't see the bug, I suspect they are not using the same settings. It used to work in 7.0 and in the 1st few releases of 7.1.

Had this been an intent by design, then it's still a bug, because if it has something to do with BSM - the user should not be allowed to get the screen timeout down to 20 seconds in the 1st place with BSM on. How is one supposed to know it will revert on a battery pull?

For those who say it is intent by design, where have you read about this exactly?
    Z10
    Steve - Besadmin
    BlackBerry

Global Posts
    6,296 Global Posts

Well if you have bsm turned off and it still happens then that kinda proves your point. That's too bad though. Hey, at least its a ridiculously trivial issue
    BB4Life

Global Posts
    35,400 Global Posts
    PIN

It isn't intentional design; it's a bug. Battery save mode off - and it does the exact same thing. I want a 10-second screen timeout and a 10% screen backlight. When I pull the battery, it always goes back to a 20-second screen timeout. For those who don't see the bug, I suspect they are not using the same settings. It used to work in 7.0 and in the 1st few releases of 7.1.

Had this been an intent by design, then it's still a bug, because if it has something to do with BSM - the user should not be allowed to get the screen timeout down to 20 seconds in the 1st place with BSM on. How is one supposed to know it will revert on a battery pull?

For those who say it is intent by design, where have you read about this exactly?
    The object of BSM is to override the personal settings. That's what I mean by intended. Why it's now not maintaining settings when off I'd agree is a bug, but since it's not universal, there may be a 3rd party app involved.

Quote Originally Posted by SlcCorrado View Post
    Well if you have bsm turned off and it still happens then that kinda proves your point. That's too bad though. Hey, at least its a ridiculously trivial issue