Simple question...
    Next year I'm travelling to Las Vegas for business, and I will have my 9900 (unlocked) with me there.
    Will it work?
    11-11-11 07:20 AM
    What bands does it say in about?
    11-11-11 07:28 AM
    What do you mean?
    11-11-11 07:33 AM
    Yes, the device will work in the US.

Whether or not you will get 3G will depend upon what 3G bands are on the device.

Go to Options > About Device Versions and read the fourth line
    11-11-11 07:40 AM
    My 9900 supports bands; 1,2,5,6

It's only a business trip for me, so as long as I can make calls/sms... it's ok.
    11-11-11 07:44 AM
    You're best bet is to get a simplemobile and use it on 2G. That way you'll have unlimited BIS. It will work in the US.
    11-11-11 08:23 AM
    My 9900 supports bands; 1,2,5,6

It's only a business trip for me, so as long as I can make calls/sms... it's ok.
    You will be fine for calls/SMS... you'll get 3G/4G on AT&T with those bands, but only EDGE on T-Mobile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-11-11 08:52 AM
    I intend on getting a US SIM card for periodic trips I make to the US as well.
    My Bell 9700 supports the same bands as the thread starter (1,2,5,6) so I understand that getting a SimpleMobile SIM with unlimited BIS for $50/month is a great option but I'd rather have 3G than 2G. So this leaves AT&T. Does AT&T offer a similar pay-as-you-go SIM plan with BIS included? Their website hasn't been helpful.
    Thanks
    11-29-11 04:06 AM
    I intend on getting a US SIM card for periodic trips I make to the US as well.
    My Bell 9700 supports the same bands as the thread starter (1,2,5,6) so I understand that getting a SimpleMobile SIM with unlimited BIS for $50/month is a great option but I'd rather have 3G than 2G. So this leaves AT&T. Does AT&T offer a similar pay-as-you-go SIM plan with BIS included? Their website hasn't been helpful.
    Thanks
    The last time I checked in about August of this year, they did not offer any BIS plans on their prepaid GoPhone service, I've not seen anything that says they do, so I assume at least at this time, that they don't.

SimpleMobile or T-Mobile FlexPay are going to be your best options, but again, you'll only have 2G, however T-Mobile does run Enhanced EDGE, and when combined with a pretty good abundance of WiFi in most big cities, I think it's a smaller issue than you might think.
    11-29-11 05:15 AM
    I just tried to order the Simple Mobile Blackberry plan SIM card but they won't accept orders by Canadian addresses (via phone or website). So unfortunately the only option is to find a store after I arrive in the US and buy a card/plan there.
    12-06-11 03:29 PM
    That sux . Please keep us updated on the best option ..
    12-06-11 03:59 PM
    It will work. Well it worked for me. I have a unlocked 9900, unlocked from cellunlock.net on telus. It also work for my 9800. I purchased a prepaid AT&T SIM card when I was in the U.S. Pluged it in the phone and boom it worked. The 9900 when re-booted pops up a box that asks for the unlock code and your live. Wi-Fi worked as well, got my facebook messages with no cost. Also cool thing got access to some AT&T apps that are not offered on Telus.
    12-07-11 07:57 PM
    It will work. Well it worked for me. I have a unlocked 9900, unlocked from cellunlock.net on telus. It also work for my 9800. I purchased a prepaid AT&T SIM card when I was in the U.S. Pluged it in the phone and boom it worked. The 9900 when re-booted pops up a box that asks for the unlock code and your live. Wi-Fi worked as well, got my facebook messages with no cost. Also cool thing got access to some AT&T apps that are not offered on Telus.
    Were you able to get BBM access as well sing that AT&T SIM card?
    12-07-11 09:45 PM
    Yup no probs with BBM, I used BBM for my text mess contacts that are not crackberry addicts as well.
    12-08-11 08:54 AM
    I just tried to order the Simple Mobile Blackberry plan SIM card but they won't accept orders by Canadian addresses (via phone or website). So unfortunately the only option is to find a store after I arrive in the US and buy a card/plan there.
    It won't be a problem for you.. and the unlocked Blackberry will work fine. remember to update the service books after you swap the sim card.
    12-08-11 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD