I keep hearing rumors that the 9930 will eventually be able to run android apps...is this true? Also i am thinking about getting this phone what are some pros and cons of the phone...i used to own a bold 9650 but upgraded to a nexus s and i am thinking of going back to blackberry.
    11-22-11 12:48 PM
    The 9930 most likely will not run Android apps.

Most indications are that the OS7 devices will not be upgradeable to QNX/BBX.
    11-22-11 12:55 PM
    I think you're confused with the playbook. The 9930 will not be able to run apps made for an entirely different OS. It can run similar apps made by the same company for BB.
    11-22-11 01:06 PM
    No.. 9900 / 9930 will NOT run Android apps.
    11-22-11 01:09 PM
    Why would it need android apps? The bb app world and app selection is far superior!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-11 01:35 PM
    Why would it need android apps? The bb app world and app selection is far superior!

Well this totally made it worth my time visiting CB today.

11-22-11 01:41 PM

Personally, I don't agree with that. That is the ONLY reason that I have looked on with envy at my Android and Iphone user buddies. The availability of apps for these platforms is vastly superior to blackberry app world.

This is not speaking from experience however, maybe its not as good as I think it is.
    11-22-11 01:42 PM
    Personally, I don't agree with that. That is the ONLY reason that I have looked on with envy at my Android and Iphone user buddies. The availability of apps for these platforms is vastly superior to blackberry app world.

This is not speaking from experience however, maybe its not as good as I think it is.
    I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic...
    11-22-11 03:21 PM

Epic joke is epic
    11-22-11 04:34 PM
    Yea, unfortunately OS7 is not QNX I did find it interesting however, that if you go into 'options', 'device', then 'about device versions', the last screen (out of 5) shows an acknowledgement to "The Android Open Source Project"
    11-22-11 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD