If i ordered a blackberry bold 9930 from U.S would it work in canada on WINDmobile?
    (Since it may be cheaper to purchase without crontracts)
    Last edited by blackberry_luver; 08-20-11 at 10:09 PM.
    08-19-11 05:49 PM
    I think it would if it wasn't locked to a carrier. I think that Unlocked BlackBerries work everywhere.

I wish someone will back me up on this one
    08-19-11 06:04 PM
    To be honest i dont know why you ordered from US, when you could Order it form Best Buy or Future Shop.
    I hope it works if not it will cost you 15 to 35 $ to unlock it.
    Here is link for you:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...unlock-639919/
    Lost of then here you chose who you want they are doing the same thing.
    08-19-11 06:09 PM
    i would not risk it
    i would just get a TMO 9900
    Ahmed G. likes this.
    08-19-11 06:11 PM
    i would not risk it
    i would just get a TMO 9900
    If you did your homework, you'd know that the 9930 contains support for Dual-Band CDMA/EVDO Rev A, Dual-Band HSPA+ and Quad-Band GSM/EDGE, as opposed to only Tri-Band HSPA+, Quad-Band GSM/EDGE.

The 9930 will work almost anywhere in the World that you can receive a signal from, whereas the 9900 is pretty limited (but you can still use it in the U.S.A and Canada), but in short - yes you can use the 9930 in Canada and the U.S. If you visit remote countries like St. Lucia (example of a remote country), you'll be more likely to be able to roam with your triband signal on the 9930, as opposed to nothing on your 9900.

I think it would if it wasn't locked to a carrier. I think that Unlocked BlackBerries work everywhere.

I wish someone will back me up on this one
    Phone unlocking is for removing the limits of which networks you can use, not which bands you can use.
    Last edited by Wretch 64; 08-19-11 at 06:22 PM.
    blackberry_luver likes this.
    08-19-11 06:15 PM
    Phone unlocking is for removing the limits of which networks you can use, not which bands you can use.
    The gentleman was asking if he could use it on a certain carrier
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    08-19-11 06:29 PM
    If you did your homework, you'd know that the 9930 contains support for Dual-Band CDMA/EVDO Rev A, Dual-Band HSPA+ and Quad-Band GSM/EDGE, as opposed to only Tri-Band HSPA+, Quad-Band GSM/EDGE.
    Hmmm, not to get in a pissing match here but if you did your homework you'd know that Ahmed G. is one of the most helpful and knowledgeable people on this forum.....
    Ahmed G. likes this.
    08-19-11 06:58 PM

I cant believe im wasting my time replying to you........

of course I knew that, it is just easier to help out the unsure with a straight away answer and a phone that will work with maybe less issue.

its not about an epeen contest of knowledge here on CB, its helping the user with the most appropriate answer.

and a TMO 9900 will be cheaper than a 9930 because it will be less desired by the masses.

now if you only did your homework you wouldnt need to put in your place.
    08-19-11 07:17 PM
    If you did your home work you'd know that a 9900 will worl all over the world, that however dosent mean it will get full 3G service.

Please do us all a favor and go back down in your parents basement and play video games.

The 9930 will work almost anywhere in the World that you can receive a signal from, whereas the 9900 is pretty limited (but you can still use it in the U.S.A and Canada), but in short - yes you can use the 9930 in Canada and the U.S. If you visit remote countries like St. Lucia (example of a remote country), you'll be more likely to be able to roam with your triband signal on the 9930, as opposed to nothing on your 9900.

Fubaz likes this.
    08-19-11 07:29 PM
    Why would you post something rude? Just makes you look foolish. If you're going to help someone then help but leave the attitude at home.
    08-19-11 07:44 PM
    You won't be able to get EVDO service on it as Bell and Telus (the only Canadian carriers with a CDMA network) won't activate "foreign" CDMA devices.

You can unlock it and use it on Rogers, but will only get EDGE service. The 9930 doesn't have North American HSPA+ bands. Wind uses AWS bands, so I'm not certain if it'll work on Wind's network at all...
    Last edited by Blackberry Guy; 08-19-11 at 08:09 PM.
    08-19-11 07:47 PM
    Information above is correct. It is same as trying to make verizon 9650 work on Telus.
    08-19-11 07:56 PM
    Hmmm, not to get in a pissing match here but if you did your homework you'd know that Ahmed G. is one of the most helpful and knowledgeable people on this forum.....
    Thank you very much !!! .. It's a pleasure passing knowledge to other people
    Last edited by Ahmed G.; 08-22-11 at 08:19 AM.
    08-20-11 08:35 AM
    Won't work, period. It won't get 3G on Wind because of the different frequency and if you don't get 3G on Wind, you are not taking advantage of the cheap plans. Just get a T-Mobile one and unlock it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-11 08:48 AM
    BTW IM ONLY 15 and dont know the technicall stuff abotu these phones im just looking for if it would work in canada on windmobile? okay ...
    08-20-11 10:08 PM
    So i can just buy it, unlock it and it would work at winmobile?
    08-20-11 10:11 PM
    BTW IM ONLY 15 and dont know the technicall stuff abotu these phones im just looking for if it would work in canada on windmobile? okay ...
    no it wouldn't, at least not from ATT/Verizon/Sprint. The only company in the USA that has phones which work properly on Wind/Mobilicity in Canada is T-Mobile. But yeah, if you get it from T-Mobile then just unlock it or whatever and you will be good to go. Well you'll have to add in the carriers settings, see how to do that here: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...ernet-Settings

The phone will come out for Wind anyway, you'll just have to wait around a month or 2 longer unfortunately.
    Last edited by dooodads; 08-20-11 at 10:18 PM.
    08-20-11 10:12 PM
    APN is required for TCP connection. BIS app should work without special settings.
    08-20-11 10:29 PM
    APN is required for TCP connection. BIS app should work without special settings.
    though he/she might have to call wind and activate BES data, since you have to specifically request it from Wind (assuming your plan supports it). Unless this person has been using a BB, then it should pretty much just work.
    08-20-11 10:39 PM
    I wasn't trying to be rude, I just wanted to point out the flaw in Ahmed's post, I apologize if my post was construed that way.

There's no need to get in to a "pissing match," since it's not me who is replying in an angry tone and that's not what I was trying to do, but the majority of the people who replied with a provocative post are clearly trying to do so.

Plus, the OP asked if he could use his phone in Canada, which isn't in the U.S.A.

I cant believe im wasting my time replying to you........

of course I knew that, it is just easier to help out the unsure with a straight away answer and a phone that will work with maybe less issue.

its not about an epeen contest of knowledge here on CB, its helping the user with the most appropriate answer.

and a TMO 9900 will be cheaper than a 9930 because it will be less desired by the masses.

now if you only did your homework you wouldnt need to put in your place.
    If it's not about an "epeen" then why are you wasting your time being rude for a completely inappropriate reason? Your logic...

If you did your homework, you'd be able to respect that I wasn't trying to be rude, I was merely correcting Ahmed's post.

If you did your home work you'd know that a 9900 will worl all over the world, that however dosent mean it will get full 3G service.

Please do us all a favor and go back down in your parents basement and play video games.
    Why don't you? You're the one who is being completely rude.

Why would you post something rude? Just makes you look foolish. If you're going to help someone then help but leave the attitude at home.
    It wasn't intended to be rude...
    Last edited by Wretch 64; 08-21-11 at 04:44 PM.
    08-21-11 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD