I noticed both my old 2 SSIDs are still saved and working when I use WIFI . is this because It is associated to my blackberry id, I thought the wipe would wipe everything out?

or could this be because I rejoined it to my company BES server when I activated my coropate email? and the settings were retained in that fashion.

thx
    01-17-13 05:25 PM
    All part of the magic due to BES.
    01-17-13 05:43 PM
    ok that's fine, now I also noticed that my icons are arranged in the same fashion as it was before wiping it, and I didn't want facebook and twitter and they are now there too.

does this defeat the purpose of reloading the OS, I was trying to get rid of any spyware that I might have had prior to ever joining the BES?
    01-17-13 05:58 PM
    here is my dilemma..

I got a used blackberry bold 9900 from someone on CL. I did the wipe from the handset (not thru bbsak). I then joined it to my company bes, been using it for a month. today I just realized I never did a clean wipe and reload of the os before joinging the bes.

so I did that today but after joining the bes all my old settings are showing up like wifi ssids, some apps I opted out of like facebook/twitter etc.

my question is did the wipe even do antyhhing the second tiem around or is it just grabbing everything from the damn BES?

how can I check for unauthorized spyware/apps hidden on my phone?

thanks guys.
    01-17-13 06:02 PM
    When you activate BES, you see a list of databases that are restored to the phone. If there's spyware, it's coming from your corporate office.
    01-17-13 06:06 PM
    okay is that where my ssid settings are coming from too? cause they are showing up as if the device has never been wiped? and if so whats to say that the phone I am using didn't upload spyware to the databases on the BES and back down again the second time?
    01-17-13 06:23 PM
    You're on a BlackBerry, on BES. The only way to be more secure would require two tin cans, and a very short string.

Relax
    01-17-13 06:36 PM
    thanks bigbadwuf, I am still new to certain parts of the blackberry bes side. I was under the impression that if there is malware/spyware or hidden tracking apps on the berry that those could be uploaded to the bes and back down again when re-loading/reactiving .

thanks for the patience with the newbie.

but just for curiiosyt what is a good app that sweeps or detects malware or unauthorized apops?
    01-17-13 08:16 PM
    You must be new to BlackBerry! There's no such thing as anti-virus protection, because there's nothing to worry about.
    01-17-13 08:24 PM