- CrackBerry Newbie
- 2 Posts
I have a bold 9900 and my wifi is appalling.
Every time I want to load a webpage I have to turn my wifi off on my phone then back on again. My partner and my laptop are always connected to my router but my bold just says no.
What, if anything, can I do?
Thanks in advance.
- 03-03-13, 09:43 PM #5
Check your internal antenna connection. The WiFi antenna is a sticker placed inside the back-side frame and many people had issues where it was mis-aligned and did not have a proper connection with the PC board.
Caution: If you move the antenna be very careful not to tear it because it is very delicate.
If you do screw it up you can get a new frame at www.etradesupply.com
Unlike some of the other places, etradesupply has "new", "oem" parts and the frame will have all the proper antennae installed.
Also, the 9900 doesn't have the best WiFi reception as compared to some of the other Berrys. It should have reasonable range though. 4 bars as compared to 5 bars on a 9810.
Lucky for you the 9900 is the easiest phone to work on. Its a piece of cake to assemble and disassemble.
Last edited by olblueyez; 11-10-13 at 05:27 AM.C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\vendor.xml <~ DELETE
C:\Users\*User Name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML\vendor.xml <~ DELETE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\loader.exe <~ (Right Click) RUN AS ADMINASTRATOR
- By NIU_Huskie in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 10Last Post: 03-01-08, 12:55 AM
- By BrianMi in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 6Last Post: 02-13-08, 09:18 AM
- By yumdimsum in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-09-08, 07:14 PM
- By liamski in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 4Last Post: 12-11-07, 05:03 PM
- By moulip in forum BlackBerry 8800, 8820Replies: 5Last Post: 11-29-07, 03:55 AM