- CrackBerry Newbie
- 6 Posts
am an owner of curve 8520 and bold 9900, i have a data plan on both and i tried to use BBM on the WiFi and it worked, but im wondering that if it can work outside f my country, ill be going to Canada for 5 days so i wont be able to get a sim there, so can the BBM still work on wifi if i have a WiFi there and i have the same data plan i have in my country now, so will i be able to use BBM using WiFi ?? if yes will it differ from curve to bold or just the same??
andd all i need to do is just turn off roaming but keep the data services on and the mobile network off,, and connect to WiFi and then use BBM,, coreect ??
and i wont face any problems if my carrier here in uae is Etisalat and there god knows what will the carrier be ???
- CrackBerry User
12-04-2012, 06:32 AM #2
- 92 Posts
Yes they should work just fine. My dad went to the US with his torch this year. He had his mobile network on for emergency calls but had roaming off and was able to BBM and email me while on wifi just fine. No obscene charges. Good luck and have a safe trip.
- 12-07-2012, 06:22 AM #3WAPers do it With A Passion
Z/Q Warrior °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° `°•.¸¸.•° Born to ™ °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° Upgrade Guide
BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
- By jman in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 06-14-2011, 09:42 AM
- By jman in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-14-2011, 09:42 AM
- By Bella.007 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 01-12-2010, 05:06 AM
- By Bella.007 in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 6Last Post: 01-12-2010, 05:06 AM
- By Bella.007 in forum BlackBerry Curve 85xxReplies: 6Last Post: 01-12-2010, 05:06 AM