Hi,
    Got a question here. If I'm connected to a wi-fi network, does the 9900 use that connection automatically (instead of using my data plan) to do downloads, streaming, updates and the such, or do I have to set some option for it to happen that way?
    Thanks!!
    01-01-12 10:55 PM
    Most programs will route their traffic over Wi-Fi if it is available. There are a few that don't, I'm sure.
    01-01-12 10:59 PM
    When you see the little blackberry logo by your signal meter move to sit beside your wifi signal meter. You should be good to go.

To check, just bring down your connections menu, go to service status and verify that blackberry internet service says wi-fi beside it.
    01-01-12 11:15 PM
    I am sure native apps use wifi when available
    01-01-12 11:16 PM
    You can go to the connection settings of each app and change it to its primary source to look for.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    01-02-12 01:58 AM
    Most phones these days use wifi when its available over the network. The only apps I have seen that will always use the network are those ones provided by the carriers, ie account access apps etc.

Steve
    01-02-12 04:08 AM
    there is a setting in browser which asks if to use carrier for streaming.
    check it yes.
    and you will be get message if streaming is done via carrier.
    most of apps use wifi when connected.
    01-02-12 04:16 AM
    Thank you for your great answers. I just turned wi-fi on and saw the little blackberry logo move from beside H+ to the wi-fi signal meter. I also checked my blackberry internet service connection and it says wi-fi now.
    I'm not worried about email and bbm going over my carrier data plan, it's mostly youtube and browsing that I am worried about.
    Once again, thanks for your useful answers!!
    01-02-12 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD