Hey, I was wondering why isn't RIM utilizing it's trademarked logo's font as the default for its devices? It doesn't even come pre-installed on the phones/tablets. I installed the font on my 9900, and never use anything else. It makes my Blackberry seem even more authentic.
    04-06-12 01:59 AM
    Never knew it was even possible to add your own font to the system! How did you achieve this?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using CrackBerry Forums (Powered by Tapatalk)
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-06-12 02:13 AM
    lool do you mind sharing?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-06-12 02:21 AM
    These are the sites to download them. I use the semibold one. Also, I included a zip file for another version that's thicker.

br.blackberry.com/assets/fonts/blackberrylove-semibold-webfont.ttf
    br.blackberry.com/assets/fonts/blackberrylove-bold-webfont.ttf
    br.blackberry.com/assets/fonts/blackberrylove-medium-webfont.ttf

TUTORIAL:

1 - rename the extension from ".ttf" to ".font"

2 - place in phone's device storage, in the "fonts" folder (Device Storage>appdata>rim>fonts) MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR "HIDDEN" FOLDERS VISIBLE.

3 - now once placed in folder reboot(battery pull/soft reset) phone.

4 - all fonts should be visible in your display settings.

**IF YOU DON'T HAVE A "fonts" FOLDER IN YOUR "rim" FOLDER, THEN CREATE ONE.**
    Last edited by tre5tackz; 04-07-12 at 06:15 PM.
    04-06-12 03:38 AM
    These are the sites to download them. I use the semibold one. Also, I included a zip file for another version that's thicker.

br.blackberry.com/assets/fonts/blackberrylove-semibold-webfont.ttf
    br.blackberry.com/assets/fonts/blackberrylove-bold-webfont.ttf
    br.blackberry.com/assets/fonts/blackberrylove-medium-webfont.ttf

TUTORIAL:

1 - rename the extension from ".ttf" to ".font"

2 - place in phone's device storage, in the "fonts" folder (Device Storage>appdata>rim>fonts) MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR "HIDDEN" FOLDERS VISIBLE.

3 - now once placed in folder reboot(battery pull/soft reset) phone.

4 - all fonts should be visible in your display settings.
    Thanks, Will try it, rebooting it now
    By the way i already had a file in there should i delete it ? i made a backup of it just in case something gets messed up, thanks a lot.
    04-06-12 08:19 AM
    Thanks for this, OP. This font is very good!
    tre5tackz and tre5tackz like this.
    04-06-12 08:45 AM
    Thanks, Will try it, rebooting it now
    By the way i already had a file in there should i delete it ? i made a backup of it just in case something gets messed up, thanks a lot.
    You don't have to delete anything. You're just placing the fonts in the folder along side the pre-installed ones.
    anon2100101 likes this.
    04-06-12 12:45 PM
    why my custom font not available under display after doing as you do?
    04-06-12 04:53 PM
    why my custom font not available under display after doing as you do?
    Which font did you try to install?
    04-06-12 05:01 PM
    any tft on my pc.. i just try to convert it to .font but why not show up under display?
    04-06-12 05:03 PM
    Thought I'd show users what they're missing out on

tre5tackz, tomgnc, ria__x and 5 others like this.
    04-06-12 05:05 PM
    any tft on my pc.. i just try to convert it to .font but why not show up under display?
    So you're trying to use another font, and not the ones I gave? If so, you will need a font manager app because those fonts might not be able to go onto your Blackberry. I only know how to get the Blackberry logo onto the devices. But, try and do it again, step by step. And, you know you can change the extension name from your Phone, right?
    04-06-12 05:07 PM
    So you're trying to use another font, and not the ones I gave? If so, you will need a font manager app because those fonts might not be able to go onto your Blackberry. I only know how to get the Blackberry logo onto the devices. But, try and do it again, step by step. And, you know you can change the extension name from your Phone, right?
    ohh! no wonder it didn't show up. i just don't like to use font manager. would be better if can change it thru system. what you mean by changing extension name from phone? I change it thru my computer. It is different?

edit : even your font is not show up.
    Last edited by nashshafrulrezza; 04-06-12 at 05:20 PM.
    04-06-12 05:15 PM
    Thought I'd show users what they're missing out on

Click to view quoted image
    Nice! Which one is that? BlackberryLove-Bold or the other Bold?
    04-06-12 05:18 PM
    ohh! no wonder it didn't show up. i just don't like to use font manager. would be better if can change it thru system. what you mean by changing extension name from phone? I change it thru my computer. It is different?
    No it's not different, I was just letting you know this process can be done straight from your phone if you were having trouble with your computer. And I don't use font manager either. But, I heard it's suppose to be simpler. Also, which font are you trying to install?
    04-06-12 05:21 PM
    Bilaal showed off his chosen font, so I said why not. Here's the semi-bold font that I love.
    04-06-12 05:22 PM
    here i attached the font. also, i try your font and all 4 font you give is now show up? it is related with os that we use?
    04-06-12 05:24 PM
    here i attached the font. also, i try your font and all 4 font you give is now show up? it is related with os that we use?
    Ok, so are you saying that the fonts I gave worked? And, the font, "katyberry", is not working for you, Correct?
    Last edited by tre5tackz; 04-06-12 at 05:32 PM.
    04-06-12 05:28 PM
    Ok, so are you saying that the fonts I gave worked? And, the font, "katyberry", is not working for you, Correct?
    Sorry, little typo from my last post. your font also not show up for me. can i know what os your using?
    04-06-12 05:31 PM
    Sorry, little typo from my last post. your font also not show up for me. can i know what os your using?
    I'm currently using OS 7.1.0.318, but OS can't be the issue due to the fact that I've been using this font for every single OS that has been leaked, and for the stock OS my phone came with(7.0.0.250). This has to be a problem on your end because other people in this thread have gotten it to work. And, I've gotten your "kberry" font to work on my phone doing the same procedure. All I can say is troubleshoot, troubleshoot, troubleshoot. Also, I don't know if it will make a difference, but I'm using Windows 7 with extensions view enabled.
    04-06-12 05:36 PM
    I'm currently using OS 7.1.0.318, but OS can't be the issue due to the fact that I've been using this font for every single OS that has been leaked, and for the stock OS my phone came with(7.0.0.250). This has to be a problem on your end because other people in this thread have gotten it to work. And, I've gotten your "kberry" font to work on my phone doing the same procedure. All I can say is troubleshoot, troubleshoot, troubleshoot. Also, I don't know if it will make a difference, but I'm using Windows 7 with extensions view enabled.
    I'm using barracuda hybrid series OS now and I think that why i can't. There are 4 font pre-installed with os and under display only futurebold show up and other 3 not show up. Would update after I'm finish swapping os.
    04-06-12 05:42 PM
    I'm using barracuda hybrid series OS now and I think that why i can't. There are 4 font pre-installed with os and under display only futurebold show up and other 3 not show up. Would update after I'm finish swapping os.
    Lol, I just remembered that I have that hybrid installed on my phone with the .318 base. I totally forgot. But, I'm sure the OS isn't the issue. You sure you're installing the font onto your phone's device memory, and not the media card? Because there is a font folder on the media card, but you don't want that one.
    04-06-12 05:46 PM
    Lol, I just remembered that I have that hybrid installed on my phone with the .318 base. I totally forgot. But, I'm sure the OS isn't the issue. You sure you're installing the font onto your phone's device memory, and not the media card? Because there is a font folder on the media card, but you don't want that one.
    Got the problem now! successfully port the font. The problem is my computer. maybe because I'm using windows 8 now.. so there are something goes wrong.. so i do it all from phone and successfull. Thank you so much!
    tre5tackz likes this.
    04-06-12 05:49 PM

Thank you so much!

Sent from Crackberry forums app with the awesome Bold 9900 keyboard.
    tre5tackz likes this.
    04-06-12 05:57 PM
    Click to view quoted image

Thank you so much!

Sent from Crackberry forums app with the awesome Bold 9900 keyboard.
    No problem. Glad I could help.
    04-06-12 06:09 PM
135 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD