I returned it not for a lack of build quality but rather a lack of services.

#1-BES. Why oh why should I spend an extra $15.00 a month on top of my normal data plan (verizon) access corporate email when every other smart phone OS using active sync can with just a standard data plan.

#2- Gmail Calendar integration (BIS). Only syncs my main calendar, I have three others that I need to keep on my phone. Google sync only adds to the problem by duplicating calendar entries.

Hopefully when QNX comes out, the above issues will be resolved.
    09-13-11 01:48 AM
    I returned it not for a lack of build quality but rather a lack of services.

#1-BES. Why oh why should I spend an extra $15.00 a month on top of my normal data plan (verizon) access corporate email when every other smart phone OS using active sync can with just a standard data plan.

#2- Gmail Calendar integration (BIS). Only syncs my main calendar, I have three others that I need to keep on my phone. Google sync only adds to the problem by duplicating calendar entries.

Hopefully when QNX comes out, the above issues will be resolved.

What do you mean those 2 "issues" its a BlackBerry you will have to pay a BlackBerry plan + whatever fees the CARRIER chooses to charge..not the 9930's issue, but rather your issue with Verizon
    Spawn12 likes this.
    09-13-11 04:14 AM
    Might want to remove that PIN you have listed since you returned it.
    Masahiro likes this.
    09-13-11 06:34 AM
    BES Express doesn't require a BES data plan/is free - and gives you everything you'd need for corporate e-mail as well. BES Express can also resolve your 2nd issue. Obviously you have no clue as to what a BlackBerry is, because if you did, you wouldn't be comparing it to Active Sync, which is a joke compared to BES/BlackBerry. We really don't care that you returned your BlackBerry because you don't want to pay $15.00 more each month. Wow....
    Spawn12 likes this.
    09-13-11 06:57 AM
    BES Express doesn't require a BES data plan/is free - and gives you everything you'd need for corporate e-mail as well. BES Express can also resolve your 2nd issue. Obviously you have no clue as to what a BlackBerry is, because if you did, you wouldn't be comparing it to Active Sync, which is a joke compared to BES/BlackBerry. We really don't care that you returned your BlackBerry because you don't want to pay $15.00 more each month. Wow....
    For BYOD users on corporate networks that pay their own data plans, there is indeed a "BES Tax". AT&T charges an extra $15 per month BES surcharge for the same amount amount of data as an iPhone or Android device on EAS. And asking an IT department to deploy BES Express in addition to all the other BES servers (we have ~ 15 of them) isn't a viable option.

As to EAS being a joke (I also use an iPhone on EAS), while it may not be as feature rich as a BB on BES, it gets the job done quite well.
    09-13-11 08:34 AM
    Oh boy, really needed to know that!
    09-13-11 10:35 AM
    Oh boy, really needed to know that!
    I agree !! I am so sick and tired of all these threads about why people returned their blackberry ! Who cares ? If you don't like it, MOVE ON !
    K THANKS BYE!
    09-13-11 12:02 PM
    $15 is pretty high for a carrier to charge, it's $5 a month from T-Mobile on my plan which seems reasonable. The crappy part is that it's totally a carrier decision to charge extra for BES connectivity, in all actuality it decreases the load on the RIM/Carrier NOC as the BES server is responsible for processing all the email VS using BIS and having RIM/Carrier's NOC do all the work.

Crappy that there's an extra fee, and super crappy that some carriers charge $15 for it.
    09-13-11 12:10 PM
    I am in no way trying to be hateful here ok first and foremost but we all care what anyone has to say no matter your own personal opinion. it should be and stay personal. This is what we aretrying to clean up here and there really is no need to come off to the OP like you did without being a bit more tactful and helpful.

You are going to need some help one day and would be upset if someone answered you the same way. Play nice and it gets everyone further.
    09-13-11 12:20 PM
    Hey guys please don't take my post wrong ok ... PLease but the OP asked or gave his own opinion on something personal to him and the only person to catch anything was about removing the PIN but it really is not needed to bust the guys chops about what he had to say. We are all sick of something from time to time and am sure others are of posts we placed but just play nice as this iswhat we are trying to clean up in the forums as Kevin outlined a while back.

No need to blast someone, just ignore and don't answer him if there is nothing good to include in the conversation, that is the only point I was trying to make. It is all good!
    09-13-11 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD