I've been following this thread because I too have a 9900 and also all of the BB10 devices (except for the Q5). While I do like the Q10 (in fact, love it), I just yesterday re-activated my 9900 on a line I had dormant with Bell. I have to say, it is STILL a wonderful phone. I am not finding the browser all that slow, it totally depends on the connection, and the apps, while they're not all that modern looking (I hate the OS7 eBay app, for example), they just work for me and I truly love this device.

In addition, the trackpad and the quick switch are just great, I was so used to them for so many years, I find I'm still looking for that on the BB10 devices. There are many reasons people prefer one or the other but the 9900 is still a wonderful piece of technology.
    rayporsche likes this.
    05-04-14 03:09 PM
    there are still some basic features that are missing from bb10 that made the bold 9900 more functional like:
    - direct sync to desktop outlook notes and tasks
    - more robust app APIs that allowed for more customization (i.e. shortcut me and macros,)
    - better blackberry limited apps (i.e. social feeds, podcasts, blackberry traffic)
    - better build quality (i.e. the longevity of the bold 9900 speaks to this)
    - a more robust array of keyboard shortcuts that haven't made it over to BB10 yet
    just to name a few. While BB10 is overall a better OS and more capable of handling content rich tasks if, like me, desktop outlook sync is a requirement then the bold 9900 edges out all of the bb10 devices currently.
    andy957 and ReneV like this.
    05-04-14 05:18 PM
    Saying your sticking with os7 is like refusing to get off xp, grow up, upgrade and embrace change, you know how moving makes you realize how much crappie you own but don't need? Changing your digital habits does the same
    Don't mean to be rude, but that argument is actually BS. You can't use this argument to justify expenditures and moving to the latest technology. The OP for reasons needing no validation from anyone else, decided to purchase a 9900 because that's what he liked. You should change your perspective, because it's not a one size fits all analogy. Thinking like that, you need to go out and buy the latest car whenever Toyota releases a new Corolla. Do you? You should embrace change and do it. Grow up, and get yourself a new car and newest model TV. Embrace change. This what you meant?
    05-04-14 05:25 PM
    Saying your sticking with os7 is like refusing to get off xp, grow up,
    That's a) incorrect grammar and b) dumb.
    05-04-14 05:28 PM
    The new Classic will hopefully be awesome and blow us all away but I expect BlackBerry to launch it at a ridiculously high price so many people won't be able to justify buying it off contract for at least a year after it's released

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. If you want it off contract, you'll have to pay a premium price.
    05-04-14 10:07 PM
    Saying your sticking with os7 is like refusing to get off xp, grow up, upgrade and embrace change, you know how moving makes you realize how much crappie you own but don't need? Changing your digital habits does the same

Via Z10
    Ya the difference is that Windows 7 or even 8 didn't take features away from XP users that they were used to but BB 10 did. Even simple things like being able to customize the behavior of your phone when it's taken out of the holster is gone. The only thing you can do now is specify if you want to answer or hang up a call. yet Blackberry is charging $40 for a holster.
    mad_mdx likes this.
    05-05-14 09:47 PM
    Ya the difference is that Windows 7 or even 8 didn't take features away from XP users that they were used to but BB 10 did. Even simple things like being able to customize the behavior of your phone when it's taken out of the holster is gone. The only thing you can do now is specify if you want to answer or hang up a call. yet Blackberry is charging $40 for a holster.
    Start button

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 10:11 PM
    I also went back to my BB9900 after jumping ship to Android (Motorola RAZR HD XT925) because I missed my physical keyboard and toolbelt. I also missed the actual on off button. I sold my Android phone and bought a Android Tablet. And I am happy with both worlds. But when the Q20 comes out I will upgrade but keep my tablet.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    05-06-14 04:55 PM
    The keyboard on the 9900 is great but the battery isn't so hot

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 05:49 PM
    i really wish that someone would make a android device that looks like the 9900 and still be high performance . i think it would be a sick phone to have a real keyboard and actually have a nice android system not running only 512 megs but running 2 gigs . i still have my samsung s4 and i just picked up a NOTE 8 N5100 which also takes my sim card from my blackberry and it can make calls i do look silly walking with a 8 inch tablet as a phone but i use a Bluetooth headset .
    05-06-14 09:12 PM
    the battery life could be better but i think that comes with it having much better hardware then the older bold
    05-06-14 09:14 PM
    I hope not. I think if one of BB's goal is to put more devices in users hands, then they may price it comparative to other "high" end phones. Price it too cheap- some will question it's quality and still may not purchase. Consumers can be so unpredictable at times.
    And with the help of Foxconn, they may be able to keep price competitive.

? CB10 ?
    05-07-14 03:03 AM
    After a microphone fault developed in my Q10 I recently had to go back to using my Bold 9900. I had forgotten what an easier phone it is to use. It is simply easier to email and text. I can use the 9900 with one hand. It is just a little bit less fussy and stress free to use (sounds silly I know) I miss the bells and whistles of BB10 And the bigger clearer screen of Q10 but I find emailing, typing, editing and switching between apps so much easier on the Bold 9900. It is partially but completely the trackpad. Sometimes the swiping back and fort on the Q10 is a drag. For me, sending emails on the Q10 takes longer. That said, I miss the great social hub that is BB10. My ideal would be a 9900 with a bigger screen and BB10' and maybe a trackpad! I really had forgotten how good the 9900 is!
    rayporsche likes this.
    05-17-14 07:59 PM
    9900 is an awesome device.

Posted via CB10
    anon8091350 likes this.
    05-18-14 02:59 AM
    I have the Z10 and Q10. I never tried an OS7 device so I went and bought a 9900 from the market place. I like the form and been like the keyboard better than on the Q. The only down fall is I'm having a hard time getting my company email onto my phone because we use an exchange account. Other than that, great phone.
    05-18-14 09:49 PM
    Of course this isn't the place to discuss Windoze but 7 DID take features away from XP. Which is why I still have a couple XP boxes. Including my watercooled overclocker. The rest of my PC's are 7, tho. But i, for one, miss things like the "UP" button for folder navigation, for example. Just leaves one shaking their head.
    05-19-14 07:12 PM

Via Z10
    I realize this is a relatively old post but I, for one, AM grown up. I'm grown up enough to not blindly follow the current childish fad just because it is "new". Everything "new" is NOT better. I consider myself a power user. I went back to the 9930 because it is BETTER than the z and q I tried to love for the past year. A consciously ADULT choice. Grow up and make a living editing 100 spreadsheet cells per day for a year on your "new" device and THEN tell ME to grow up!! Excel on glass SUX!!! I will upgrade when BBRY makes something that is truly an upgrade. Sorry for the rant. I'm just very sick of the condescending assumption that us legacy hold outs are "childish". You and others are very wrong about that.
    05-19-14 07:25 PM
42 12