This has also been posted in the play book forum:

As many of you know, I am an avid blackberry user and swore by there products. I got rid of the 9930 and my play book and switched to the iPhone 4s and iPad 2. If you would like to know why I did this, please read on. Otherwise please keep insults and such to a minimum.

Reason for switching from 9930 to iPhone 4s 64gb:

1. No mobile hotspot ( I know an update is on the way, but this should have been included)
    2. Battery life (RIM) screwed up here.
    3. Limited applications available ( including etrade which I use regularly!)
    4. No flash support ( iPhone has flash with puffin browser)
    5. Cloud ( iCloud just works so well with the iPhone, iPad, macbook pro)
    6. Speed ( this includes loading things on the browser or apps)

Reasons I switched from the play book to the iPad 2 64gb:

1. E-mail support without using bridge
    2. Calendar, appointments,
    3. Spell correction and spell check.
    4. Split keyboard and notification system ( after all you can use iMessage and other programs that would require a decent notification system.
    5. Battery life ( I have gotten over 12 hours with the iPad!! Barely hot 6 with the PB)

These are just some examples but there are more reasons for my decision to do so.

Another reason for PB to iPad 2 is investment ( I bought the PB for 699.99 + tax = 762.11) and now you can buy it for less than 500 bucks!!! Which is understandable because there is almost nothing you can do with it.

RIM lost a big fan boy ever since the blackberry's with the scroll wheel like the Sony jog dial, I have bought every new BB that came out! Now, I stop at the 9930 I didn't want it to end this way, i really didn't. But I have interests to.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-16-11 11:55 PM
    Good post because you gave details! Thanks!
    10-16-11 11:57 PM
    Also check this link :

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...hmarks-643627/

On the last page of this thread I posted benchmarks for the iPhone 4s and iPad 2 and the phone outperformed the play book!! Quite astonishing!
    10-17-11 12:06 AM
    Glad you found what works for you. I prefer my 9900 and Playbook combination. I'd suggest picking one place to post though. Posting on multiple threads is a bit annoying.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-11 12:18 AM
    Glad you found what works for you. I prefer my 9900 and Playbook combination. I'd suggest picking one place to post though. Posting on multiple threads is a bit annoying.

Yea, sorry about that, just thought it would cover both since I had the 9930 too. But I will def. keep that in mind for future threads.
    10-17-11 12:21 AM
    Yea, sorry about that, just thought it would cover both since I had the 9930 too. But I will def. keep that in mind for future threads.
    No problem.

10-17-11 12:22 AM
    10-17-11 12:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD