So that would lean toward "We pulled it because we discovered that it had it," right? (How else to be able to make that statement "We don't use it"?)
    12-03-11 11:27 AM
    So that would lean toward "We pulled it because we discovered that it had it," right? (How else to be able to make that statement "We don't use it"?)
    RIM have already stated they don't put it in OS builds... http://m.crackberry.com/research-mot...%80%99t-either
    12-03-11 11:34 AM
    Anyone found an answer to this?

I'm still using .540 (and loving it), but I can't decide if I NEED to upgrade to the slightly buggier 7.1.

Stick or twist?
    12-08-11 04:57 AM
    Anyone found an answer to this?

I'm still using .540 (and loving it), but I can't decide if I NEED to upgrade to the slightly buggier 7.1.

Stick or twist?
    Personally having used both, unless you can utilise either wifi-calling or hotspot I'd stick with .540 for now.
    12-08-11 07:52 AM
    Personally having used both, unless you can utilise either wifi-calling or hotspot I'd stick with .540 for now.
    The thing is I can (I'm on Orange). Tbh I'm not that bothered about 'hotspot' because I use a MIFI device that's a lot better and faster. However, wifi-calling would be a serious plus.

What I'm trying to ascertain is whether there is something dodgey about .540 (like CIQ for example) that means I should remove it. If 7.1 was a little less buggy (from what I've read) this'd be a no-brainer! Hence my dilemma.

Cheers.

Mav.

Yay! That was my 100th post! I am now officially a CrackBerry Abuser! Loool!
    Last edited by Mavrique; 12-08-11 at 08:04 AM. Reason: A milestone reached!
    12-08-11 08:01 AM
    If you can utilise wifi-calling then give it a try! I found after a week or so 7.1 came quite laggy, and then after a reboot it failed to start up (I've been downloading apps so can't 100% blame the OS), but I decided to go back to .585 which has just been released to see how that compares.

I've heard little bad press about 7.1 to be fair, and if I could use wifi-calling I'd definitely be giving it another try.
    12-08-11 08:05 AM
    Thanks.

I'll keep an eye on people's feedback, though I must say there would have to be some serious improvements for me to upgrade from .540 otherwise its just more of the same......

Unless I'm driven to move (from any new info regarding this issue) I think my next move will be to a more stable version of 7.1 which I hope will be out soon; so that I can indeed make full use of wifi-calling.
    12-08-11 10:49 AM
    I think that the .540 is good to keep for now.. until there will be more updates.
    12-08-11 02:01 PM
83 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD