Ok I get that integrating a touch UI can be tricky but I don't understand why basic functions that were solid on my 9700 are iffy at best on the 9900?

Here are some examples:
    1.Volume issues especially when using the media player.
    2.I can't hear emails coming in when listening to music anymore.
    3. Slight lag when using keyboard shortcuts. My 9700 was instant on when using a shortcut key. Now if I hit L or M for my calendar or mailbox, there can be a 2 second delay at times.
    4. Worst is I upgraded from the stock 7.0 to 7.1 and now I have almost 90mb of memory leak and that's after deleting a bunch of native apps that run in the background.
    5. Yes updating with leaked OSes might solve some issues but usually just create more. And again this should not be necessary for the common user.
    6. Overall I'm a little miffed that when I upgraded to the 9900 from my trusty 9700 (running OS5 for god's sake) I thought I would be getting a much smoother and efficient experience but instead I feel the OS is a little downgraded. The touch screen makes a huge difference in efficiency but honestly if not for that I would be back on my 9700.

Despite all of this though I still love my 9900. Go figure. I think RIM should put more effort in taking out the bugs on this phone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Spencerdl and linuxbbm like this.
    06-07-12 11:52 PM
    Yes those issues just i have had talked enough! By the way which OS you are on ?
    I am switching OS every other day cause of the bugs just so annoying and no one seems to get it
    06-08-12 01:54 AM
    More bugs in 9900 coz its more expensive dan 9700.... More expensive=less efficient haahahahA lolx
    06-08-12 04:26 AM
    Yes that can be annoying that it takes a whole 2 seconds for your phone to give you a calendar or mail. I don't see the issue when you compare the power you get with OS 7 series and the Bold 9930. If you access your mail and calander from the touch key first row there is no delay. Try that.
    06-08-12 05:04 AM
    The 9900 was not RIM's most dependable model. You might have a little dust behind the screen of the 8700 series but it always worked.

RIM's best was the 75XX series, bullet proof with quality plastic that could take a beating and never show it. My favorite was the 7520.
    06-08-12 06:31 AM
    I am worried that If RIM is soldout these defects will never be solved.
    06-08-12 06:41 AM
    which os are you on? Im on .428 (7.1), and I dont really have those issues that youre having.

Sent from my sexy 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-08-12 07:09 AM
    which os are you on? Im on .428 (7.1), and I dont really have those issues that youre having.

Sent from my sexy 9900 using Tapatalk
    I am also on .428 and I have none of these issues. Very stable, hardly any glitches.
    06-08-12 07:46 AM
    I'm on .284. Just try listening to music, pause using the convenience key and the unpause. You will notice it comes back on much louder. Sometimes I even get a blip which almost blows out my ear drums. If you don't close out of the music player, it will cause issues with your notification sounds. Again not an issue on OS5.

Everyone uses their bolds differently but most of us keep the same habits when switching to a newer model.

06-08-12 09:58 AM
    More bugs in 9900 coz its more expensive dan 9700.... More expensive=less efficient haahahahA lolx
    No, Not everyone out there is having issues, I have used 8520 (A friend's) and that phone wasn't even buggy or slow, so how can 9900 come up with problems

Its just wrong os or a wrong phone or for others bad battery

But yeah i wish RIM solve this issue which are very annoying!
    06-08-12 10:02 AM
    Sad thing is, us die hard bb owners will put up with this but the average consumer thinking of switching from android or an iphone wouldn't put up with this...2012 and my smartphone can't handle music correctly??

Not to mention the tech blogs typically rip on blackberries. All I have to say is that I really hope BB10 delivers a solid experience...
    06-08-12 10:15 AM
    I have mine on .267 & I'm having no problems.
    Try down grading the OS maybe?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-08-12 10:50 AM
    RIM is putting less effort into the JAVA OS and focusing on BB10. They are in fairly uncharted territory and working new tech in an old code. There are issues. I knew that going in. OS6 will probably be the best JAVA OS BB does. I really considered skipping OS7, but gave in.
    06-08-12 04:29 PM
    I don't want issues....got enough of that.

I want a 9900 or 9930. Of course, one that works as well as my 9700 and my 9800 did.
    06-08-12 07:08 PM
    I should have stuck with the stock OS 7.0. My batt life was never really an issue and I have more free memory. The freeze ups happened ever so often but now with 7.1 my batt life is about the same but I have huge memory leaks and less free memory which leads to freeze ups. Go figure...

Why couldn't they have stocked this flagship phone with more memory? Memory is cheap!

My latest gripe is slower boot times and sometimes even stalls at the 'E' on the boot up screen. Any ideas?

06-08-12 07:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD