- 12-22-2012, 06:58 PM #3
Generally 3G and 2G, because if you lose 3G signal your phone will automatically lock onto 2G.
I wouldn't advise using 3G only unless you're in a very strong 3G signal area, and use 2G only if you're conserving battery or have no 3G signal.• That's Phill… with 2 L's ☺
- 12-22-2012, 09:02 PM #4
I keep mine 3G only, I have good cell reception. It saves battery because my network doesn't look for the 2G tower.
Some people like using 2G the oler towers, only because its a little less demanding and can get even better battery life but is slower with data.
When you use 3g/2g, the network will be looking at 2g and 3g towers and pick wichever offer the stronger signal. The network can changes from 2g/3g all day long, the battery can drain real quick if your in an area where there's a couple towers near by, but your phone will have connectivity specially when going into the country or somewhere they haven't installed newer towers.
- CrackBerry Addict
12-22-2012, 09:19 PM #5
- 599 Posts
3G is much faster. I use 3G when I am in my city and 2G when I am travelling. If your country has good 3G network even on highways and remote areas, better to use 3G/2G optionTime you enjoy wasting, was not wasted
- By computman in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 12-18-2009, 09:56 AM
- By redbadger in forum AT&TReplies: 2Last Post: 07-15-2009, 08:36 PM
- By 2909k in forum Apple iPhone/iPadReplies: 2Last Post: 07-13-2009, 04:31 PM
- By J-Kelz32 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 06-08-2009, 07:15 PM
- By disflipissofresh in forum Apple iPhone/iPadReplies: 29Last Post: 04-18-2009, 08:50 PM