Hi All,
    I just buy me new Verizon BlackBerry Bold 9930 (Unlocked), and i would like to buy Arabic keyboard for it but i could not find any where that sell it ??

Please advice
    09-09-11 08:04 PM
    They are not available yet. I would give it a month or two... just memorize where the keys are
    09-09-11 08:41 PM
    .. is there actually an arabic keypad? .. wow... i've never ssen one...
    09-10-11 03:49 AM
    If you are in the Middle East, (Qatar) the Arabic version is already available, and I guess you'll find it in the market,
    Plus what "Nof99" advice is 100% correct,
    Last edited by ArabPDA; 09-10-11 at 01:43 PM.
    09-10-11 05:22 AM
    maybe he's a businessman who spend his time both in Qatar and US ?
    09-10-11 06:58 AM
    Thanks All for your comment but u all get out of the subject

anyhow for those who says i will not get 3G in Qatar i just to conform that

Our network band here in Qatar is as below

and i have Email our local carrier and asked them about compatible if i use my 9930 in Qatar and here their answer

09-10-11 08:07 AM
    He will get 3G in Qatar... the 9930 is both cdma/gsm for that reason so people can go out of the US and get the same speeds... Don't worry Uninvited you should get 3G... and when I said there are no keyboards I meant that there are none that are sold separately yet (to my knowledge). Of course in the Middle East you could get the phone with arabic on it from RIM. Your warranty should also be ok as long as you don't change the keyboard that is... RIM's warranty is worldwide
    Last edited by Core_Frequency; 09-10-11 at 08:28 AM.
    UnInvited likes this.
    09-10-11 08:21 AM
    He will get 3G in Qatar... the 9930 is both cdma/gsm for that reason so people can go out of the US and get the same speeds... Don't worry Uninvited you should get 3G... and when I said there are no keyboards I meant that there are none that are sold separately yet (to my knowledge). Of course in the Middle East you could get the phone with arabic on it from RIM. Your warranty should also be ok as long as you don't change the keyboard that is... RIM's warranty is worldwide
    Thank you
    09-10-11 04:22 PM
    I usually go to Smart Arabic Keyboard Yamli™ from my phone browser when I want to write something in Arabic.
    All what you need to do is type what you want in Arabic but using the English alphabet and the website will convert it to Arabic automatically. After you're done just select all and copy then past anywhere you want. Beats the need for an Arabic keyboard for me
    09-10-11 06:54 PM
    I usually go to Smart Arabic Keyboard Yamli™ from my phone browser when I want to write something in Arabic.
    All what you need to do is type what you want in Arabic but using the English alphabet and the website will convert it to Arabic automatically. After you're done just select all and copy then past anywhere you want. Beats the need for an Arabic keyboard for me
    He was talking about a hardware keyboard . Blackberry's can write in arabic natively as long as you have a mulitlang. OS installed. It would just be easier to have the letters on the keyboard instead of guessing/trying to remember where they are .
    09-10-11 10:09 PM
    Etislut in UAE is selling them, but only locked version, unlocked with engl Keyboard only one single supplier.
    09-10-11 11:03 PM
    He was talking about a hardware keyboard . Blackberry's can write in arabic natively as long as you have a mulitlang. OS installed. It would just be easier to have the letters on the keyboard instead of guessing/trying to remember where they are .
    Yes yes I know he was talking about a physical arabic keyboard.
    I was just trying to help by showing him an option that allow him to type in arabic without one. Not to mention that the tool I talked about has more than 95% accuracy from the first try (leaving him to change very little words later, if any).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-11 01:49 AM
    i wish i could swap my keyboard with yours somehow..
    i picked my 9900 from Etisalat (Local carrier in Dubai) and it only comes with an english/arabic keyboard which is too busy for my liking not to mention unnecessary
    09-11-11 04:01 AM
    you shld have bought an unlocked one fm Emax @ 2,999 Dhs instead of a locked one for 2,599 at any other retailer. Try and trade your locked Etislut modell and go to Emax (across Jacky's) in MoE and get your non busy regular keyboard and unlocked model.

Cheers
    Martin
    09-11-11 05:02 AM
    I'm on a contract with etisalat using MyPlan Ultra (499 a month) and I got the Bold 9900 for 299 AED.. Otherwise I'd have never bothered with an etisalat locked/branded device!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-11 05:21 AM
    Thanks All for your replies, DXBLouis lets swap
    09-11-11 05:47 AM
    if you come to Dubai, i'll be more than happy to swap the keyboards over
    or if you can survive without your keyboard for a day, send it over to me, i'll swap it and send mine back over

i found a new english only keyboard for sale, but looking at the disassembly videos, the keyboard comes off as a complete module, and i'd rather just swap the whole thing out, instead of just the faceplate as that involves further disassembly which i'd like to avoid on a month old device
    09-11-11 09:20 AM
    becareful if the keyboard is 'cheap' then the letters will disappear with time.. make sure u look into it carefully otherwise you'll have to buy another soon.. i need one too so i found this link... it look original but im not quite sure.. hmmm anyone have an idea?

OEM Original Arabic Keyboard Keypad for Blackberry Bold Touch 9900 / 9930 (white)

EXTRA= Yes that is the original keyboard. have a nice day all.
    Last edited by JoZ89; 04-26-12 at 12:19 PM.
    04-26-12 12:04 PM
    04-26-12 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD